Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by stc
Well, using the 29ways.marriott.com website, I am seeing that I am correctly listed as "Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite". However, I don't think the info is "safe" until I see it on the main website.
it's like the site where you choose your 50/75 nights benefits -- I noticed that it seemed to show status and point/stay levels that were a day or two ahead of the main site (ie it was closer to realtime while the main site lagged behind)
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by stc
Well, using the 29ways.marriott.com website, I am seeing that I am correctly listed as "Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite". However, I don't think the info is "safe" until I see it on the main website.
I had the same situation. I am legacy LTP with Marriott, and I should have been grandfathered into LTPP in August. But I wasn't. Then when I did the 29 ways promo, it listed me as LTPP on the tab in the top right hand corner. It actually made me feel better thinking that at least my record was correct somewhere. Then I read this post in the 29 ways thread, and it brought me back to reality:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30307987-post42.html

When people that haven't earned LTPP are getting the message, too, then that makes me think it is just another computer glitch. I don't think it means anything.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
I had the same situation. I am legacy LTP with Marriott, and I should have been grandfathered into LTPP in August. But I wasn't. Then when I did the 29 ways promo, it listed me as LTPP on the tab in the top right hand corner. It actually made me feel better thinking that at least my record was correct somewhere. Then I read this post in the 29 ways thread, and it brought me back to reality:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30307987-post42.html

When people that haven't earned LTPP are getting the message, too, then that makes me think it is just another computer glitch. I don't think it means anything.
this got me wondering as well.
i just checked the 29way site with my mom’s gold account and it says gold.
i’m just going with I’ve made it in one of the Marriott’s system
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:53 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by myperks

this got me wondering as well.
i just checked the 29way site with my mom’s gold account and it says gold.
i’m just going with I’ve made it in one of the Marriott’s system

Yup. Just checked my husband’s and it says GOLD ELITE

I am gonna go with your assumption 👍
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
My accounts are linked but not combined.

I became Lifetime Platinum in 2014, with 10 years as Platinum.
It's now 2018, 4 years later.

On the SPG app, it says :
Years as Platinum 12

Y'all do the math, because Marriott can't.
So, I left this some time to see if this would be corrected in the post-merger IT tidy-up, but it wasn't. I pinged an enquiry about this earlier today over to Customer Services.

This came back :

Thank you for your email regarding your inquiry.

You account is showing 12 years as a platinum member and 16 years both for Silver and gold. One explanation for this, is as we look at you total nights for the all of theses years you are at NNN nights saying that you made platinum some years with minimum stays and not with the nights. As we are now with Marriott you need a minimum of 50 nights per year for you platinum level, this would answer your question as for your total of 12 years.

I hope this information helps. Should you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

B B
Special Programs - Customer Care Associate
It appears to me that Billy Bonehead is telling me that all the years I requalified (in good faith, according to the rules at the time) for SPG on stays rather than nights have been disregarded, because they don't meet Marriott's new criteria.

Double Yikes.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:00 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
So, I left this some time to see if this would be corrected in the post-merger IT tidy-up, but it wasn't. I pinged an enquiry about this earlier today over to Customer Services.

This came back :
Thank you for your email regarding your inquiry.

You account is showing 12 years as a platinum member and 16 years both for Silver and gold. One explanation for this, is as we look at you total nights for the all of theses years you are at NNN nights saying that you made platinum some years with minimum stays and not with the nights. As we are now with Marriott you need a minimum of 50 nights per year for you platinum level, this would answer your question as for your total of 12 years.

I hope this information helps. Should you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

B B
Special Programs - Customer Care Associate
It appears to me that Billy Bonehead is telling me that all the years I requalified (in good faith, according to the rules at the time) for SPG on stays rather than nights have been disregarded, because they don't meet Marriott's new criteria.

Double Yikes.
That is total nonsense and utterly ridiculous.

I’m sure then that Marriott will be going back and applying its Rollover nights since it now wants to apply Marriott standards ex post facto. Otherwise, someone at Marriott is about to cause a class action lawsuit.

If you had SPG Platinum by stays or nights before Aug 18, 2019, it should count. Period. And Marriott knows this to be true.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

This came back :

Double Yikes.
I truly hope Billy Bonehead is not play with a full deck, as is the case with many CSRs these days. What was stated in the early days of this was years of status was to count without any qualification as to how it was earned. I too have some years of SPG Platinum status based upon stays and not nights. All of them are counting in the numbers of my combined account. If they come back later and say those don't count now, MR will take a serious public hit and cause irreparable damage to their reputation and I suspect it will rollover to their booking rate. That will upset the investors that will call for a change in management.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

This came back :

Double Yikes.
OMG, I hope this is incorrect. I have 12 years Plat status and 1000+ nights combined, but my first few years with SPG, I definitely qualified on stays, not nights.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:47 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Is the issue that Marriott is saying you only have 12 years Platinum when you actually have 14? If so, that is annoying but won't really affect anything since you only need 10 years Platinum to qualify. Or am I missing something? (I'm still a little jet lagged so that wouldn't surprise me
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl

OMG, I hope this is incorrect. I have 12 years Plat status and 1000+ nights combined, but my first few years with SPG, I definitely qualified on stays, not nights.
My SPG account currently seems to show my years of elite status according to the years I earned Plat by either 25 stays or 50 nights plus one year of LTP without 25 stays or 50 nights. It does not count years of Gold status from my AmEx Plat card. [This part of my account seems to be pretty stable, it's the current and lifetime status that's flipping around and incorrect most of the time.]
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by damon88
Is the issue that Marriott is saying you only have 12 years Platinum when you actually have 14? If so, that is annoying but won't really affect anything since you only need 10 years Platinum to qualify. Or am I missing something? (I'm still a little jet lagged so that wouldn't surprise me
My understanding is that she's been SPG Plat for a total of 12 years (not 14 or somesuch), of which several (but the exact number is unknown) were achieved with 25 stays rather than 50 nights. The 1000+ nights weren't equally distributed over those years, with at least a couple recent years of AMB status, so we can't calculate a worst case scenario for the number of years with at least 50 nights.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by damon88
Actually have at least 14.

I’m sure you’d agree it’s reasonble to expect the numbers to be correct.

I know that 10 is the magic number for the current LTP Rules, but it would be a shame to miss out if and when, for example, MPG decide to give out special recognition awards in the future to, say, 20 or 25 Plat-year achievers.

Also, if Plat years haven’t been added up correctly, what confidence do I have that my lifetime night count is correct ?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
mark my word, if this comes to fruition, I will be leading the charge as we bang on the doors at headquarters.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I qualified on stays most years with SPG. Showing 17 years PLT, which seems correct.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So on January 1, 2019, us 750/10 SPGLPTs will have accounts reflecting Starriott LTPPE?

Any wagers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.