Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Personally I wish Starriot had stuck with their initial announcement: LTPP for MR LTP. It was a simple rule and would have avoided all fo the mess with everyone arguing for his/her particular "corner" (really special exception) case.

If a SPG LTP had wanted a lifetime status at 75 nights, he/she should have picked a different program.

Harsh, but I've had no sympathy ever since the "if SPG LTPs can't get LTPP status, no one should" thread was started.
But SPG was offering LTP at 500 nights and 10 years, I would have been happy with that. As it is I am only 10 nights away from MR LTP and six nights from SPG LTP, so I am happy with the combined 750 LT nights and 10 years Plat. My corner is covered, at least I hope.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by stc
Well, using the 29ways.marriott.com website, I am seeing that I am correctly listed as "Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite". However, I don't think the info is "safe" until I see it on the main website.
I'm getting this inconsistent status upon sign-in as well. For me the difference appears to be logging in with my e-mail address vs. logging in with my account number.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
I'm getting this inconsistent status upon sign-in as well. For me the difference appears to be logging in with my e-mail address vs. logging in with my account number.
Actually just checked this morning and this glitch no longer seems to appear.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: MR Plat.
I made LTP recently and am wondering about the additional benefits LTPP can provide me,as I live in an area where I can do relatively cheap mattress runs. If I look at the Marriott website, it seems the difference is 75% bonus instead of 50% but the rest is the same. Did I miss any undocumented benefits? Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by starlicious
I made LTP recently and am wondering about the additional benefits LTPP can provide me,as I live in an area where I can do relatively cheap mattress runs. If I look at the Marriott website, it seems the difference is 75% bonus instead of 50% but the rest is the same. Did I miss any undocumented benefits? Thanks!
The only other potential benefit(s) which are still not clear may be (i) potential higher priority for upgrades and (ii) the apparent ability to upgrade to suites at Ritz Carltons. Even these seem unclear, though, at this point.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by starlicious
As of now, PP gives silver status on United and 5 star gold at Hertz. A LTPP would continue to get those statuses as long as those programs continue that relationship. I have used the United perk before. It was nice not to have to pay to check a bag, and I was able to get economy plus on all my flights.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
As of now, PP gives silver status on United and 5 star gold at Hertz. A LTPP would continue to get those statuses as long as those programs continue that relationship. I have used the United perk before. It was nice not to have to pay to check a bag, and I was able to get economy plus on all my flights.
I think PP gets you Hertz President's Circle status.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by karenkay
huh. did you try accessing through the 29ways website?

i wonder what the metric is. i was lifetime gold with spg prior to the merger, though platinum premier in both programs for the year, so it's an upgrade for me.

was thinking possibly starriott wanted to do something BETTER for members than what they were promising...unlike the rest of the merger so far.
Interesting, I am at 750+ nights and 9 years with one additional P year that I qualified for post 18 Aug after combining my accounts, that have yet to post to my official LT year counter. When I log in through https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...wards/benefits my status is listed as LTPP. Probably yet another MAR IT showcase in excellence...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by X-ON
Probably yet another MAR IT showcase in excellence...
Likely, yes. Unless there's a big clawback of LT years, I'll qualify for LTPP in Jan. I too already show that status under the Choice Awards login, but not elsewhere.

Edit: And there they call it Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite, so if that holds I reckon we'll have to switch from "LTPP" to "PPLE."

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Nov 9, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
I think PP gets you Hertz President's Circle status.
Need to have PP+Amb for Prez Circle, otherwise just five-star.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:09 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by X-ON
Interesting, I am at 750+ nights and 9 years with one additional P year that I qualified for post 18 Aug after combining my accounts, that have yet to post to my official LT year counter. When I log in through https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...wards/benefits my status is listed as LTPP. Probably yet another MAR IT showcase in excellence...

Checked my account first- PPLE. Cool. I actually qualify

Husband checked- PPLE 🤨. He is Gold

sooooo
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
Checked my account first- PPLE. Cool. I actually qualify

Husband checked- PPLE ��. He is Gold

sooooo
The particular link referenced a few posts ago is for Choice Benefits—but the lifetime status it reflect isn’t accurate. That’s why so many people are getting in a twist. I know it’s not accurate because it indicates people who really are not one Lifetime status are another status—often better. You know that once you click on the Overview link...which then shows you your presumably correct current status. If you then go to see your Lifetime status from there, it will not show the same Lifetime status and instead will show the presumably correct Lifetime status you really have now.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer (poor Debbie). But the truth sometimes hurts.

Mine on that page indicates I’m Lifetime Plat Premier...but I know I’m not. I still need 1 more year of legacy Marriott Plat status to qualify for LTPP (also known as PPLE). I’d confirmed that a few months ago with my Ambassador.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:36 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Yes. Marriott’s IT leaves a little to be desired 😐
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Personally I wish Starriot had stuck with their initial announcement: LTPP for MR LTP. It was a simple rule and would have avoided all fo the mess with everyone arguing for his/her particular "corner" (really special exception) case.

I tend to agree and think some of the constant policy changes have help to create the IT system mess. Overall I feel that Marriot never understood how loyal the people to SPG were versus the physical hotels and their locations. Mostly being a hotel that tries to cater to everyone versus a smaller niche mostly higher end hotel.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I think it was a rookie mistake out of the gate to grant members from one loyalty program with the same # eligible nights a higher grandfathered LT status, this move inflated the "we and them" message. If they taken 5 min and defined the problem and identify that the 2 programs had 2 different tenor measures and defined the grand fathering mapping functions based on this, But that never happened so here we are ..not going to re-litigate all of this ... Now I just hope that everyone regardless of MR or SPG affiliation get as much of this merger as possible ... The merger has been a mess to everyone ... Maybe this was MARs thought all along ... ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.