Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 776
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 15
Years as Gold or Platinum: 13
Years as Platinum: 12

Is there any way for me to show or be informed that I have qualified for LTPPE? Everything I can see now shows LTP
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by EleanorMcDaniel
Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 776
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 15
Years as Gold or Platinum: 13
Years as Platinum: 12

Is there any way for me to show or be informed that I have qualified for LTPPE? Everything I can see now shows LTP
What you see is the closest you're going to get. Over 750 LT nights and over 10 years of Plat status. Now just have to wait for their January sweep.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:15 am

Has anyone done the merge yet?
I am an LTP SPG with 694 nights and 10 years, I also have 73 lifetime Marriott nights.

When I combine both accounts, will I see 767 lifetime nights and wait till January to get LTPP status?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:34 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I'll be sitting at 700 nights by the end of the month. Unfortunately, it looks like I will fall just short of the 750 nights needed. Bleh.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Has anyone done the merge yet?
I am an LTP SPG with 694 nights and 10 years, I also have 73 lifetime Marriott nights.

When I combine both accounts, will I see 767 lifetime nights and wait till January to get LTPP status?
Yes
Yes
and, Yes
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:17 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
But SPG was offering LTP at 500 nights and 10 years, I would have been happy with that. As it is I am only 10 nights away from MR LTP and six nights from SPG LTP, so I am happy with the combined 750 LT nights and 10 years Plat. My corner is covered, at least I hope.
Agree. Even though I wasn't LTP before with Marriott based on points I'd argue I'm pretty deserving of it. Hopefully that's how it still works out.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 1093

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 26

Years as Gold or Platinum: 23

Years as Platinum: 20
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: SA
You are right.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Need to have PP+Amb for Prez Circle, otherwise just five-star.
Thanks for the clarification, that must have been how I got the President's Circle status in the past. Any idea of the qualification requirements going forward under the merged program? Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
Thanks for the clarification, that must have been how I got the President's Circle status in the past. Any idea of the qualification requirements going forward under the merged program? Thanks.
100+ nights and $20,000 "qualified" spend in Starriott hotels.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
100+ nights and $20,000 "qualified" spend in Starriott hotels.
Understood and thank you, but I was referring to the Hertz President's Circle qualification as a status match. Any idea of whether Platinum Premier or Platinum Premier with Ambassador will still receive Hertz President's Circle status under the merged program? Thank you.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:22 am

Understood and thank you, but I was referring to the Hertz President's Circle qualification as a status match. Any idea of whether Platinum Premier or Platinum Premier with Ambassador will still receive Hertz President's Circle status under the merged program? Thank you.
Now that I think of it, this status match may be through United 1K status as well. Will be interesting to see if merged Marriott/SPG program still offers this status match as its quite a good Hertz benefit.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:23 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Only Plat Premier with Ambassador status earns a match to Hertz Gold President’s Circle status.

Plat Premier status earns a match to Hertz Gold Five Star status.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Only Plat Premier with Ambassador status earns a match to Hertz Gold President’s Circle status.

Plat Premier status earns a match to Hertz Gold Five Star status.
Thank you. Is that under the new merged program? I haven't seen anything on these types of status matches under the new combined program.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:55 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thank you. Is that under the new merged program? I haven't seen anything on these types of status matches under the new combined program.
Yes, under the new combined program.

https://mrhertzstatus.com/MemberStat

https://mrhertzstatus.com/MemberFAQ

Last edited by bhrubin; Nov 21, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No clue. I have Hertz PC through DL DM status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.