Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
In the same boat

I have the nights, over 750, system says I am 10 years plat, 17 gold, 23 silver, has said this the whole time. Have no idea which years are from what program and matching etc. Hoping they do the right thing given the communications.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by X-ON
I for one would be very surprised if MAR would start to augment the LT stats more than 5 months after senior management announced that system are stable and that LT stats are accurate. Especially the year count since the methodology to obtain the combined year count have been deemed propriety and will never be released to the public. From an IT perspective it would also be quite astonishing that more than 5 months after the senior management system stable announcement all combined accounts which was combined from linked accounts have yet to be signed off as accurate. That most be the a large proportion of the active accounts.
Remember that most people are not FTers and hence if they follow the instructions from MAR, read the system stable announcement, LT stats OK and then 6 months down the line a huge claw back ...for them out of the blue ... it would create a new dimension of a poorly managed merger ...if that happens its like MAR like pi**ing customes off in street funk tempo ...
But hey given the track record of this merger everything is possible .... after all this is MAR not GS
Keep in mind this is the management that claims they can replace passports for those hit by the SPG breach. The postings I've read that expense would exceed the company's total value! They must be expecting a hell of a year coming up!. Bottom line, don't be surprised by anything with Marriott.
X-ON likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I for one would be very surprised if MAR would start to augment the LT stats more than 5 months after senior management announced that system are stable and that LT stats are accurate. Especially the year count since the methodology to obtain the combined year count have been deemed propriety and will never be released to the public. From an IT perspective it would also be quite astonishing that more than 5 months after the senior management system stable announcement all combined accounts which was combined from linked accounts have yet to be signed off as accurate. That most be the a large proportion of the active accounts.
Remember that most people are not FTers and hence if they follow the instructions from MAR, read the system stable announcement, LT stats OK and then 6 months down the line a huge claw back ...for them out of the blue ... it would create a new dimension of a poorly managed merger ...if that happens its like MAR like pi**ing customes off in street funk tempo ...
But hey given the track record of this merger everything is possible .... after all this is MAR not GS
In that case, I would hope they will introduce another super duper elite tier above all the others for those that legitimately achieved 10 years.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by margarita girl

In that case, I would hope they will introduce another super duper elite tier above all the others for those that legitimately achieved 10 years.
What I never understood was does this year count? Like I was at 9 before I hit the 50 night "new" Plat threshold and crossing that threshold came roughly at the same time I merged my SPG account. So I am hoping that my 12 years is 9 from prior, 1 this and 2 erroneously rolled from SPG. I guess we shall see.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Keep in mind this is the management that claims they can replace passports for those hit by the SPG breach. The postings I've read that expense would exceed the company's total value! They must be expecting a hell of a year coming up!. Bottom line, don't be surprised by anything with Marriott.
The way the offer is written, I would be surprised if anyone is reimbursed for a new passport because of the SPG breach. I was told in writing by Kroll that they currently do not offer passport replacements (reimbursements?).

From the Washington Post:

“We are setting up a process to work with our guests who believe that they have experienced fraud as a result of their passports being involved in this incident,” Kim said. “If, through that process, we determine that fraud has taken place, then the company will reimburse guests for the costs associated with getting a new passport.”

WP
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by margarita girl

That could happen further down the line of course, my bet if this ever happens that the differentiating factor would rely on the # LT nights …. as an example LTP/LTPP with over 750 nights gets one annual SNA per 100 LT nights up to a maximum of 5. I guess the thresholds would depend on the distribution of LT nights in the account portfolio …
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
That could happen further down the line of course, my bet if this ever happens that the differentiating factor would rely on the # LT nights …. as an example LTP/LTPP with over 750 nights gets one annual SNA per 100 LT nights up to a maximum of 5. I guess the thresholds would depend on the distribution of LT nights in the account portfolio …
It would be nice if they offered something beyond LTPP for those of us who are dramatically beyond the threshold for that level -- such as double the qualification requirements or more.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
It would be nice if they offered something beyond LTPP for those of us who are dramatically beyond the threshold for that level -- such as double the qualification requirements or more.
This sounds just like the discussion had by Platinum members wanting something above for those that do well over the requirements for LTP. No matter where you draw the line there will be those that just miss it and those that surpass it. One way this can be addressed is to offer up a repeating benedit, like they are starting with the Annual Choice now having two thresholds of 50 & 75 nights. Soon it may be 50, 75, & 100. MR used to be good about trinkets to go along with the super secret PP status, maybe a coffee mug every 100 nights? But not matter what is done, there will be requests for more.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
From a business perspective I could only see this happen if MAR
(1) would deem the business from top tier LT (LTPP/LTP) which no longer hit the annual qualification threshold material and
(2) would value the creation of an additional incentive to continue with MAR instead of aiming for LT with Hilton or Hyatt for those road warriors that are LTPP/LTP with 50+ nights a year

For (1) no sure how much business that entails .For (2) many would probably still go for LT in the other programs ...Just my 5 cents ...
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
Since MPG is removing the opportunity to earn LTPP, it is doubtful that the company will add a LTPP+ level anytime time soon. On the other hand, perhaps additional annual benefits could be added beyond current levels.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
It would be nice if they did, but I agree, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I wonder how the new Bonvoy program will handle the LTPP's, and the other lifetime levels.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:06 am

I still have both my accounts, MR and spg, totally separate. No merge, no link, no whatsoever.

The MR account tells me 437 nights, 8 years at Plat.
The spg account tells me 391 nights, 7 years as Plat.

I figure I'm good to go.

When shall I best do the merge/link?

Merci.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decentmove
I still have both my accounts, MR and spg, totally separate. No merge, no link, no whatsoever.

The MR account tells me 437 nights, 8 years at Plat.
The spg account tells me 391 nights, 7 years as Plat.

I figure I'm good to go.

When shall I best do the merge/link?

Merci.
We don't merge, MR & SPG did that in August. All links are gone so no moving points between accounts. Our task is to combine the accounts into one so there is no issue as to where nights/points post.

Best to do the combination BEFORE they run the sweep as that will put you into LTPP status. I'd say do it sooner than later just to see the combined numbers and how they add up for your future status.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:24 am

When you say the links are gone and so on, are you telling me my MR points will no longer combine with my spg points, when I combine accounts in a few days from now?

BTW, forgive my ignorance, what do I need to do to properly combine both accounts?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decentmove
When you say the links are gone and so on, are you telling me my MR points will no longer combine with my spg points, when I combine accounts in a few days from now?

BTW, forgive my ignorance, what do I need to do to properly combine both accounts?
When the accounts were linked, you were allowed to move points back and forth and your highest status applied to both. Now your points are in still in separate accounts, but the only option right now is to combine your accounts where you'll only have one account from here on out.

Learn about the combination process by reading https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ts-update.html
decentmove likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.