Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So much of this could have been avoided if Starriott (and now Bonvoy) had been willing to tell us how elite years are counted or even list what elite status they credited for each program year. When the rules are propriety, people are forced to open cases and even then I suspect than many will never believe that this was done correctly.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:57 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
What year was your 10th year of Platinum status so that the following year you would be lifetime Platinum? I'm trying to figure out my situation. My 10th year as a Platinum was 2018, which made me lifetime Platinum in 2019, but Marriott says it doesn't qualify me for Titanium.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So much of this could have been avoided if Starriott (and now Bonvoy) had been willing to tell us how elite years are counted or even list what elite status they credited for each program year. When the rules are propriety, people are forced to open cases and even then I suspect than many will never believe that this was done correctly.
My view is the records of elite years are a mess in the backend so they can’t publish clear rules. When they initially designed those databases decades ago, they couldn’t have foreseen the new rules, not to mention the merger.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
"Based on member response, we’re adding more flexibility for Lifetime Platinum Premier qualification. Now, SPG and Rewards members who achieve 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum status by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into that Lifetime tier, which starting in 2019 will no longer be available to earn. Rewards members can also qualify under the current criteria (750 nights + 2M points) through year end.

As we shared previously, members can also qualify for all other Lifetime tiers through both the new criteria on an ongoing basis and under the current criteria through December 31, 2018. And remember, we’ll combine lifetime activity across both Rewards and SPG toward qualification when members combine accounts in August."

So according to the Lurker, I achieved 10 years of Platinum status by December 31, 2018, so I should have been Platinum Premier which translates into Titanium. Anyone know how to get ahold of the lurker?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:38 pm

Anyone know how to get ahold of the lurker?
[email protected]
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by dayone
One new benefit is no more people can qualify for Lifetime Titanium.
Has anyone noticed any difference in the individual hotels' recognition of this enhanced status level?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
Has anyone noticed any difference in the individual hotels' recognition of this enhanced status level?
As an update, during recent stays, there does seem to be some enhanced recognition of both Ambassador and Titanium status. Seems like a positive development so far and will be interesting to see how this evolves.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:41 pm

As an update, during recent stays, there does seem to be some enhanced recognition of both Ambassador and Titanium status. Seems like a positive development so far and will be interesting to see how this evolves.
This has manifested in some very good upgrade offers since the new levels have been renamed, will be worth monitoring how this develops.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
So they came back and said I earned my 9th year in August of 2018 and my 10th year in February of 2019. This doesn't make sense. Thoughts?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:26 pm

So they came back and said I earned my 9th year in August of 2018 and my 10th year in February of 2019. This doesn't make sense. Thoughts?
There must be someone or some group that deals with these issues at a higher level within Marriott.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:16 pm

There must be someone or some group that deals with these issues at a higher level within Marriott.
Maybe their customer care/customer relations group?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jaunts
Is this the old starwood lurker at a new address?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:25 am

"Based on member response, we’re adding more flexibility for Lifetime Platinum Premier qualification. Now, SPG and Rewards members who achieve 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum status by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into that Lifetime tier, which starting in 2019 will no longer be available to earn. Rewards members can also qualify under the current criteria (750 nights + 2M points) through year end.

As we shared previously, members can also qualify for all other Lifetime tiers through both the new criteria on an ongoing basis and under the current criteria through December 31, 2018. And remember, we’ll combine lifetime activity across both Rewards and SPG toward qualification when members combine accounts in August."

So according to the Lurker, I achieved 10 years of Platinum status by December 31, 2018, so I should have been Platinum Premier which translates into Titanium. Anyone know how to get ahold of the lurker?
You provably need to escalate this to a higher level at customer relations/customer care.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Is this the old starwood lurker at a new address?
yes it is....
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
You provably need to escalate this to a higher level at customer relations/customer care.
In September 2018, I completed 500 nights with 10+ years in SPG Program. In November 2018, I combined accounts, having an additional 119 Marriott nights. I currently have 649 nights and I am listed as a "Lifetime Platinum Elite. Is that correct? .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.