Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I have noticed this quite a bit this year. I email my ambassador during her business hours, but i would say 90% of the time i get a "hi, i am helping with your ambassador and......." its a named email and a named ambassador, but its not mine. Kind of frustrating since i really enjoy mine and she gets things done. No clue is she is on leave
Usually this "temporary replacement" ambassador is pretty good. Never experience general ambassador though.

My ambassador did have auto reply email set if she was on leave (or received email outside business hours)

And for Ambassador service as general, I agree that Marriott have to improve the service.
Your24 does looks quite useless as seems like a lot of members have their request rejected.
Also .. the main feature of the tier ... the ambassador service itself, seems to have inconsistency issues.

On one side we have missing in action ambassadors .... yet on the other hand there are unicorn ambassadors which very proactive and manage to liaise well with the property.
Granted, after the overhaul of tier name, hotel supposedly recognise the status more readily. But then again the problem persist. some ambassador guests have great experience and some are not.

To have the top 5% (maybe more or maybe less not sure about the % of ambassador members out there) treated with such high degree of uncertainty is pretty weak on Marriott side.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7

To have the top 5% (maybe more or maybe less not sure about the % of ambassador members out there) treated with such high degree of uncertainty is pretty weak on Marriott side.
So they are converting this to the old PP status where you never knew what you'd get. I've been both. Sheraton Ambassador service was pretty consistent and their management supported delivering the benefits.

PP was vague with undefined benefits, despite being for the top 2% of Marriott customers (per Marriott).
supatight80 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by deac83
So they are converting this to the old PP status where you never knew what you'd get. I've been both. Sheraton Ambassador service was pretty consistent and their management supported delivering the benefits.

PP was vague with undefined benefits, despite being for the top 2% of Marriott customers (per Marriott).
Marriott know what their customers who spend most of their life on the road really want from a hotel chain: Inconsistency.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Marriott know what their customers who spend most of their life on the road really want from a hotel chain: Inconsistency.
And dysfunctional IT. Don't forget the dysfunctional IT!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Its called surprises. Its like gamble but with hotel services.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Its called surprises. Its like gamble but with hotel services.
It’s like a lottery, only instead of sometimes winning you get an unexpected disappointment.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Ambassador Elite - what should I expect

Became one a few days ago. Should I get an email with fireworks? Should I be assigned an ambassador? So far I know nothing.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:44 pm

So far I know nothing.
How about using the search function of this forum? There are tons of threads about it.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA, SWA, WJA, National, Marriott
They will send an email and call you, usually on the next booking following earning it.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mjack99
Became one a few days ago. Should I get an email with fireworks? Should I be assigned an ambassador? So far I know nothing.

Here you go.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will be about 600 dollars short of 20K.

Husband is Titanium Lifetime.

Really on the fence on taking a short trip to get us there.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Unless you already have a very good ambassador that you would like to keep, I would not spend the additional 600$ on a trip, but would spend the money elsewhere where it might bring you more joy.
Keyser likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
is it me or is it extremely hard to find Marriott CS phone number on the damn website? they used to have the ambassador/elite whatever blah blah phone number on the activity page. thank god it's a sticky up top on this thread. what a PITA...
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dunno282
is it me or is it extremely hard to find Marriott CS phone number on the damn website? they used to have the ambassador/elite whatever blah blah phone number on the activity page. thank god it's a sticky up top on this thread. what a PITA...
Just FYI - It is on the bottom of the "account" tab on the app.
It is where I tend to go now, as you can even dial it directly by touching on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.