Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I assume they targeted ambassador members in my hometown however a Wednesday is probably not the best day since it takes a lot of travel to hit that level. As a Ambassador for past 6-7 years I would love to air my grievances and understand where they are planning to take the program. Kind of upset I’m missing this.

A great example of how this program cannot differentiate levels is last week a titanium coworker and me both checked into a hotel, at the same rate, for the same number of nights and we’ve both probably spent ~30 nights at this hotel. My coworker was upgraded to a suite and as an Ambassador they couldn’t even get me a king bed, which is the room type I reserved. I would just like to understand how Marriott is holding these properties accountable.
If you didn't at least get your confirmed bedding type, the hotel probably owes you some cash, but if must be claimed before you check out. PLEASE pursue this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm currently at 83 nights and will clear $20k early October at the latest. If I direct stays to Marriott, I'll clear 100 nights as well. I'm presently thinking it's not worth it, especially after self-cancelling SNA fiasco today. Had two great Hyatt stays in Europe last week, followed by a really crappy RC NYC experience.
My coworker was upgraded to a suite and as an Ambassador they couldn’t even get me a king bed, which is the room type I reserved.
That's up to a $100 violation at the following brands:

The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Delta Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Protea Hotels, Fairfield, AC Hotels, Aloft, Moxy, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites and Element.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm currently at 83 nights and will clear $20k early October at the latest. If I direct stays to Marriott, I'll clear 100 nights as well. I'm presently thinking it's not worth it, especially after self-cancelling SNA fiasco today. Had two great Hyatt stays in Europe last week, followed by a really crappy RC NYC experience.
That's up to a $100 violation at the following brands:

The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Delta Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Protea Hotels, Fairfield, AC Hotels, Aloft, Moxy, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites and Element.
Yes, they gave me 20k points instead. I valued that more then the $100.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I was just invited to a in person session. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it -

As one of Marriott Bonvoy’s most valued members, we would like to offer you an opportunity to help shape the Ambassador Member experience of the future. You are invited to participate in a two-hour discussion group on:

Wednesday, September 18th, with sessions at 5PM and 7:30PM.

If you believe this would work with your schedule, please reply with your availability by 5PM EST tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10th. If you are interested and are selected to participate, we will provide you with a cash reward following the discussion group. Slots are limited, and will be filled in order of response.
Curious. How did you get this invitation? Did you get it in your Marriott registered email account?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Curious. How did you get this invitation? Did you get it in your Marriott registered email account?
No such invitation for me, but it might help to know invitee's location (or address associated with the Bonvoy account).
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No such invitation for me, but it might help to know invitee's location (or address associated with the Bonvoy account).
To my personal email address and this is for Dallas.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum, Marriott Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
As for me i am still without any contact or communicate with my ambassador even i have received email that they will be in contact with me soon that was last week, i have checked in at St regis Mladives spent my birthday there with a hotel management upgrade room and a surprise cake from my Butler and nothing done from my Ambassador whom i do not think he/she look at my reservations
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:10 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
A general question, but first to say at least myself I have had the same ambassador for almost three years now. She can't do all my request but the things she does she does well and she responds quickly usually in 24 hours or less. I hope I get to keep her for the remaining years she is an ambassador and I qualify.

What is every ones expectation, do you think they should enable or execute?
1) Get you a room / upgrade / corner suite when possible the hotel is over sold?
2) Get tickets or reservations at some crazy exclusive and popular place,
3) Go between for local information/attractions/food/transportation somewhere they've never been?
4) What is your request ?

For me personally things I've asked and fully understand even with my status I'm no DYKWIA.

1) Suite upgrade for special occasions. She always responds as noted usually 24 hours, and gets back that it is confirmed, request in, or sadly not confirmed. She gets an A+ here, nothing more I could ask. Whether I get the upgrade or not isn't in her or my control!
2) Local information: Here she gets a B, many places she hasn't been, how can I reasonably expect her to be my personal admin and spend more than a 10-20' doing research that TripAdvisor, Google search or the hotel web site can't do. Generally she returns things that I could equally do. Do we expect them to be local experts.
3) Tickets/reservations etc. She generally works thru the hotel concierge. Saves me time / email work to figure out who to contact. But she can't work magic here, this is where I think too many people think the ambassador can elevate their DYKWIA thinking and blame their ambassador for desires that no reasonable person expect the POTUS or some VIP gets. I think they could do more, like direct research thru opentable/Yelp but she always seems to work thru local concierge and that is also YMMV. Some concierges are good some are well a waste, LOL, She gets an A here, A+ would be to do some direct stuff.

For a different thought approach, I recent went on a business and anniversary celebration. Asked for recommendation of hotels, got them, ask for upgrade, got the presidential suite. Raved about the service and positives about hotel and service ( could have focused on the negatives, there were areas for improvement ), Got a nice bonus points from the ambassador days later, was it quid pro quo, who knows, but being positive and nice things happen isn't a bad thing even when you don't get everything you think you want, sometimes it just ain't realistic or possible, DUH
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:32 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by chipmaster
A general question, but first to say at least myself I have had the same ambassador for almost three years now. She can't do all my request but the things she does she does well and she responds quickly usually in 24 hours or less. I hope I get to keep her for the remaining years she is an ambassador and I qualify.
Sounds like you have a nice Ambassador "agent" and that your Ambassador status has been working out very well for you.

What is every ones expectation, do you think they should enable or execute?
1) Get you a room / upgrade / corner suite when possible the hotel is over sold?
2) Get tickets or reservations at some crazy exclusive and popular place,
3) Go between for local information/attractions/food/transportation somewhere they've never been?
4) What is your request ?
Well said.

(1) When the hotel is sold out, only entitlement would allow someone to believe that they should get a room upgrade or suite upgrade. Or even that the deserve the better room in that category (pick your battles, people)l When a hotel is sold out or close to sold out, everyone should accept reality and accept that they only are entitled to what they booked. Status isn't magic, and status doesn't create magical new hotel rooms and suites out of thin air. Other people may have paid more to get the better room categries than the Ambassador paid for.

(2) Ambassadors are not hotel concierges. Ambassadors are intended to make our Bonvoy hotel experiences and communications as wonderful as possible. But when we go outside the hotels, Ambassadors aren't experts; the hotel concierges are the experts. Expecting otherwise is just a fool's errand. When an Ambassador does happen to know a location or hotel well, that's great; but blaming an Ambassador who doesn't know a hotel or location is just nonsensical and another example of entitlement.

(3) See #2 .

(4) The number of people who complain about Ambassadors not fulfilling their requests who never share with us what those requests are is the first hint that something may be wrong in the state of Denmark for the requests themselves. When Ambassador guests make foolish or inappropriate requests of their Ambassadors, the problem is not with the Ambasasador agents but with the Ambassador guests, themselves. And most guests never want to hear that they're the problem.

For me personally things I've asked and fully understand even with my status I'm no DYKWIA.

1) Suite upgrade for special occasions. She always responds as noted usually 24 hours, and gets back that it is confirmed, request in, or sadly not confirmed. She gets an A+ here, nothing more I could ask. Whether I get the upgrade or not isn't in her or my control!
2) Local information: Here she gets a B, many places she hasn't been, how can I reasonably expect her to be my personal admin and spend more than a 10-20' doing research that TripAdvisor, Google search or the hotel web site can't do. Generally she returns things that I could equally do. Do we expect them to be local experts.
3) Tickets/reservations etc. She generally works thru the hotel concierge. Saves me time / email work to figure out who to contact. But she can't work magic here, this is where I think too many people think the ambassador can elevate their DYKWIA thinking and blame their ambassador for desires that no reasonable person expect the POTUS or some VIP gets. I think they could do more, like direct research thru opentable/Yelp but she always seems to work thru local concierge and that is also YMMV. Some concierges are good some are well a waste, LOL, She gets an A here, A+ would be to do some direct stuff.
Sounds like you are a very reasonable and also very grateful Ambassador guest to me. Kudos!

For a different thought approach, I recent went on a business and anniversary celebration. Asked for recommendation of hotels, got them, ask for upgrade, got the presidential suite. Raved about the service and positives about hotel and service ( could have focused on the negatives, there were areas for improvement ), Got a nice bonus points from the ambassador days later, was it quid pro quo, who knows, but being positive and nice things happen isn't a bad thing even when you don't get everything you think you want, sometimes it just ain't realistic or possible, DUH
Ambassador status matters, and Ambassador "agents" can do a lot to help us at Bonvoy hotels and navigating the Bonvoy IT and loyalty issues.

Some appreciate it, and some don't. So glad to see you do!

Some are realistic, and some aren't. So glad to see you are!
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Benefit of Ambassador status: zilch. nothing.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:44 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I'm sorry to hear you say that.

Out of curiosity, where have you been staying typically that you never see any benefits for this past year?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe if one made their own reservations, have no issue that needs ambassador intervention, and not utilise your24 the ambassador service can be seen as useless

Especially if compared to Titanium or even Platinum level
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I confess, I'm still not sure what the Ambassadors are supposed to be doing. That being said, every time I have contacted my Omaha based Ambassador in 2019, I have received a response within 24 hours -- could be adding a name to a reservation, my only 2019 stay with a points issue, and a lost and found problem.

But, I have a 100+ actual nights so far in 2019 which range from Townplace/Fairfield/RI to St.R./RC/Luxury Collection, as well as plenty of Marriott/Renn properties. I'm at least 75 percent on suite upgrades, which I attribute as a benefit of the ambassador program, although I believe it is driven at property level. Similarly, when I'm traveling internationally, I can usually expect a bottle of wine, a fruit and cheese platter, or a tray of macaroons. That's definitely an improvement. Frankly, I used to get more handwritten notes/calls from GM's under the legacy Plat Premier unpublished level but I still get some now.
andrewstahl and jonisflying like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:00 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
FWIY had continued good experience with my Ambassador, had an emergency change of travel plans and needed to cancel a hotel with-in24 hours, of course the standard charge was the daily rate. Sent a email to my Ambassador Sunday night and by 10am PST had it taken care of.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Staying at LC hotel in Italy right now and at checkin I was not asked which amenity I would like to have. If they fail to do so, am I then entitled to a 100 USD credit? If so, how should I go ahead with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.