Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Has anyone noticed that emails to their ambassador are now sometimes getting answers by the general ambassador team instead?

My ambassador is amazing and I would honestly much rather wait for her to read and answer my emails and to help than for the generic ambassadors I’ve been getting from the general email - some have been really good, but I’ve gotten a string of ambassadors who have made pretty obvious mistakes with my reservations (wrong dates, wrong cities) and been more trouble than they’re worth.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've seen them start to respond to emails when when my Ambassador is out, whereas for the last 6-9 months it was crickets.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
My Ambassador is replying more quickly than she had in the past. I now only get responses from the general team when I email outside of her office hours, especially if it is over the weekend and appears to be a time sensitive request.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
over the last 5-6 months my ambassador's response times had become very good....she would get back to me the same day or the following day....but its become extremely slow for about a month now....i'm waiting 4-5 days for responses to simple requests....
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Melodsal
Has anyone noticed that emails to their ambassador are now sometimes getting answers by the general ambassador team instead?

My ambassador is amazing and I would honestly much rather wait for her to read and answer my emails and to help than for the generic ambassadors I’ve been getting from the general email - some have been really good, but I’ve gotten a string of ambassadors who have made pretty obvious mistakes with my reservations (wrong dates, wrong cities) and been more trouble than they’re worth.
Last week I called to make changes to an existing reservation, and ended up with the general line. They messed it up.
Called back, got the general line again. They fixed the last mistake, but messed something else up.

Finally just sent my Ambassador (a good one) an email and said they keep messing this up. Call me when you can. All fixed.

Wonder if the "general ambassador" team have their own pool of ambassadors, or if they are just providing general coverage?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Last week I called to make changes to an existing reservation, and ended up with the general line. They messed it up.
Called back, got the general line again. They fixed the last mistake, but messed something else up.

Finally just sent my Ambassador (a good one) an email and said they keep messing this up. Call me when you can. All fixed.

Wonder if the "general ambassador" team have their own pool of ambassadors, or if they are just providing general coverage?
My understanding is they are "general ambassadors" who cannot provide the same level of support are your own Ambassador. I've dealt with them when calling in and they are less then helpful. They wouldn't even call a hotel on my behalf.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
From time to time, when my ambassador was on leave I do receive email from another ambassador (named email address instead of general ambassador service email)

I found that their response is on par with my personal ambassador.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
From time to time, when my ambassador was on leave I do receive email from another ambassador (named email address instead of general ambassador service email)

I found that their response is on par with my personal ambassador.
Thanks for that tip. If my ambassador has not been replying and I keep getting replies from the general ambassadors does that mean she’s on leave and I should wait and try again next week (when hopefully she’ll be back)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I know my Ambassador is good at his job, but now almost every part of my Marriott experience seems to be broken and there is no willingness to either attempt to rectify any of it or provide any service recovery. When issues are escalated above my Ambassador, he never hears back. I finally pushed for a chat with a senior Ambassador member who made it very clear she wasn't interested in either addressing my issues or offering anything in the way of a sorry. I'm really not convinced there is even basic customer service training in Marriott corporate at the moment.

Just too much stress and hassle - Despite Marriott having the best hotels and on paper the best programme they are just not suitable for someone travelling on business who expects their chain to act reliably and with integrity. Decision made - no requalification for 2020.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Noticed there's a separate info field now on the Ambassador service in the Overview section. Here's the relevant Your24 info - I find this incredibly misleading, as it makes it seems like it's fully in your hands, when in reality, it's all up to the property, and both personally and what I have seen posted here is that it's declined at least 50% of the time.

Have the flexibility to choose the 24 hours of your stay. So when your flight arrives really early or extra late, you can check in at 8 a.m. and check out at 8 a.m. — or stay from midnight to midnight. It’s up to you.
EuropeanPete and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Noticed there's a separate info field now on the Ambassador service in the Overview section. Here's the relevant Your24 info - I find this incredibly misleading, as it makes it seems like it's fully in your hands, when in reality, it's all up to the property, and both personally and what I have seen posted here is that it's declined at least 50% of the time.

Have the flexibility to choose the 24 hours of your stay. So when your flight arrives really early or extra late, you can check in at 8 a.m. and check out at 8 a.m. — or stay from midnight to midnight. It’s up to you.

And not only that, even if it gets "approved" not a single one of the properties post merge that "approved" Your24 claimed they ever did!

First you have to call or email an Ambassador for the your24 rrquest. Second IF it is approved, the email from the ambassador is a hit or miss. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you dont. Third even with email confirmation, not one property post merge said they have that on their system. So i have to forward the email to them as evidence it was approved. No email as evidence? Youre SOL

Why cant they just make it like in SPG days where everything is done online with an auto reply email stating you sent a request and an auto reply email that it was approved. Just 1 step instead of several steps. And if they were approved, it was in the hotel's system. No need to fight for it like nowadays.

Being an ambassador guest for half a decade, yes the Ambassador Program is definitely broken. It used to be 90% of interactions were on how to make the stay memorable as everything worked almost perfectly, now the interactions are like:

60% - Can you please post my missing stays?
15% - Your24 requests and follow ups if they were approved
15% - incorrect points posted
10% - Making stay memorable like upgrades etc.

Last edited by supatight80; Nov 1, 2019 at 2:46 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by supatight80

Why cant they just make it like in SPG days where everything is done online with an auto reply email stating you sent a request and an auto reply email that it was approved. Just 1 step instead of several steps. And if they were approved, it was in the hotel's system. No need to fight for it like nowadays.
Isn’t it obvious that their IT can’t handle it?

See classic post (#1693) from Zorak here on how Marriott makes up rules to deal with their crappy IT.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...hread-113.html
EuropeanPete and supatight80 like this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 1, 2019 at 1:34 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Increasing opacity and making transactions harder for your best and most loyal customers is rarely a good thing, but Marriott sure is giving it the ol’ college try
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Melodsal

I have noticed this quite a bit this year. I email my ambassador during her business hours, but i would say 90% of the time i get a "hi, i am helping with your ambassador and......." its a named email and a named ambassador, but its not mine. Kind of frustrating since i really enjoy mine and she gets things done. No clue is she is on leave
Melodsal likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well, after a great 3+ years with my Ambassador, they are retiring. I dread to find out who this new Ambassador is and their approach. My Ambassador was wonderful, but prior to that I had to 'fire' 4 of them as they did less than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.