Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:54 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flo_147
Staying at LC hotel in Italy right now and at checkin I was not asked which amenity I would like to have. If they fail to do so, am I then entitled to a 100 USD credit? If so, how should I go ahead with that?
I would ask your Ambassador so you don’t have to worry about the hassle.

i certainly hope you didn’t get or don’t expect any upgrade or other special benefit or treatment if you do press for your appropriate compensation.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
In theory you do have to ask and get it accepted while at the property, so do be aware if you go to your Ambassador you are asking for a settlement beyond what the T&Cs say. Personally it seems fair enough that Marriott should uphold the rules of the game that they themselves designed and so I don't see any issue with requesting what the T&Cs grant you, but of course other people take a less literal view on these things and are happy with a bit less reliability from Marriott- frankly those people get more out of the Marriott relationship.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Staying at LC hotel in Italy right now and at checkin I was not asked which amenity I would like to have. If they fail to do so, am I then entitled to a 100 USD credit? If so, how should I go ahead with that?
I would just go to front desk and told them what I prefer: breakfasts or points. I found local gifts rarely of any interest. I would only request compensation if they refuse my choice which has never happened.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
You also may want to inquire about this on the specific property thread or on a thread dealing with Bonvoy welcome amenities.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Wrong thread?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
False / biased / misleading statement of the year award:

"Relative to Hyatt, Marriott offers better benefits for its best customers than Hyatt does for its best customers"

(taking out of peak / non-peak thread to maintain civility there)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
False / biased / misleading statement of the year award:

"Relative to Hyatt, Marriott offers better benefits for its best customers than Hyatt does for its best customers"

(taking out of peak / non-peak thread to maintain civility there)
I have to say, back then when I challenged myself into Hyatt Diamond (before this Globalist/Explorist travesty) I have to say I am treated tremendously well at the few Hyatt properties I've tried. I am regretting to this day that I've decided to keep Hilton Diamond over against Diamond. Of course now I find myself treated better at both Hilton and Hyatt over against Marriott..... I really missed SPG....
supatight80 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:36 am

My just now quit job, and I know this from today email autoresponse that 10 days ago leave job.
After tommorow, we are going for our 35nights holidays and I am w/o support at Marriott.
This service, is not worth any cent.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by HHQX888
My just now quit job, and I know this from today email autoresponse that 10 days ago leave job.
After tommorow, we are going for our 35nights holidays and I am w/o support at Marriott.
This service, is not worth any cent.
have you try general ambassador service email ?
Its better than nothing and so far I do have reasonable response time from the team.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:26 pm

Yes, of course I call to general line but you need to explain again what you want etc. temporary someone take care of you but this is like standard old Platinum Desk.
Why Marriott system don't send any info that your Ambassaor will quit job and pls. contact with us about your new contact ?
Maybe I understand staffs which leave this work and don't want send any email with word 'goodbye', but system must take care in this caseses.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by kaizen7
have you try general ambassador service email ?
Its better than nothing and so far I do have reasonable response time from the team.
The phone is also answered in my experience even when my Ambassador isn't working.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:15 am

WiKi - phones updated.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:54 am

Does Ambassador no longer get presidents circle with hertz? I received an email and it says hertz gold plus with my ambassador membership.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:45 pm

I look at my Hertz account and it shows still PC but I am LH Senator too.

I try contact Director of Ambassador Service in US and I want downgraded my status to Titanium, I can rely more on my assistant than on actual Ambassador service.
New abassador work at Marriott only 7 months and before have only AiRBnB call center 3 years experience - what I can expected with this experience ?

I want have tickets to LaPerle show in Dubai and have today answer : 'I would kindly invite you to check the website https://www.laperle.com/, and you will better to choose the day and seat and price that would suit you better.' ... hands fall.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Does Ambassador no longer get presidents circle with hertz? I received an email and it says hertz gold plus with my ambassador membership.
If you click the link in the email, you'll see that it explains Ambassador gets Presidents Circle and Titanium gets Five Star.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.