Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HHQX888
I try contact Director of Ambassador Service in US and I want downgraded my status to Titanium, I can rely more on my assistant than on actual Ambassador service.
New abassador work at Marriott only 7 months and before have only AiRBnB call center 3 years experience - what I can expected with this experience ?
Why would you want to do that, other than to make a point perhaps? I've been functioning without an ambassador for several years. I get amazing upgrades by reaching out to the property directly (and I'm sure my Amb status doesn't hurt). When I need anything, I call the Titanium line. When they want to redirect me to the Ambassador line, I just say "no thanks, you can help me". It's that simple.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Why would you want to do that, other than to make a point perhaps?.
In protest and my Ambassador will have more time for other members 😊
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
I have my first call with my ambassador tomorrow. What are some good things to cover with her? Any recommendations for ongoing “perks” for all future stays?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
requalified Ambassador status with 266 nights and 26k spend so far this year. honestly i have had no need for an ambassador. adding names and cancelling last minute reservations have been helpful with the general CS line. I will have to say that upgrades have been non existent with Marriott properties but better with legacy SPG properties. Unfortunately, I've had to mostly stay at Marriott properties this year.

now that I think about it I do get "upgrades" at Marriott properties. I get upgraded to the "club" floors which means absolutely nothing. It's not even at the lounge floor. Maybe I get an extra roll of toilet paper.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
With that many nights, and not finding Ambassador helpful, why not stop at 75-ish and see what else is out there?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rubey419
I have my first call with my ambassador tomorrow. What are some good things to cover with her? Any recommendations for ongoing “perks” for all future stays?
Use it to cover what is important to you. In my case, I let my Ambassador know that the vast majority of my stays are work trips during the week, and there is no need for any action on his part. But occasionally I will have trips where perks (especially upgrades, sometimes early check-ins) are more important, and I will email ahead of time to let them know.

Has worked out pretty well for me. The "special" trips have been outstanding.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Hi, am just wondering, do Ambassador elites get elite benefits for multiple rooms booked under the same account?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
Hi, am just wondering, do Ambassador elites get elite benefits for multiple rooms booked under the same account?
According to the rule book, no. However, hotel may choose to extend extra benefits. YMMV.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
An "abandoned Marriott" sighting.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Apparently a ~2/3 dollar/hotel spend and ~80% AmEx spend decline don't count as "abandoned" for some...SMH
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by HHQX888
I look at my Hertz account and it shows still PC but I am LH Senator too.

I try contact Director of Ambassador Service in US and I want downgraded my status to Titanium, I can rely more on my assistant than on actual Ambassador service.
New abassador work at Marriott only 7 months and before have only AiRBnB call center 3 years experience - what I can expected with this experience ?

I want have tickets to LaPerle show in Dubai and have today answer : 'I would kindly invite you to check the website https://www.laperle.com/, and you will better to choose the day and seat and price that would suit you better.' ... hands fall.
why would they have to buy tickets for you? They are not a concierge? Go indeed to the laperle website and buy the tickets yourself. You got 2 hands and a internet connection right?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:55 am

@itisme : I think you have brain and you can use it and answer on question : why I need spend more than 100nights in one network and more than 24K USD that I have standard help line ??
In another programs you don't need spend so much time at hotels rooms to resolve your problems with points or nights at this hotels or switch on same of your benefits.

I am from SPG where this service had different sense as you want told me. I can use my two hands and book at Hyatt my holidays too.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Use it to cover what is important to you. In my case, I let my Ambassador know that the vast majority of my stays are work trips during the week, and there is no need for any action on his part. But occasionally I will have trips where perks (especially upgrades, sometimes early check-ins) are more important, and I will email ahead of time to let them know.

Has worked out pretty well for me. The "special" trips have been outstanding.
+100%

when traveling for work, I don’t care about upgrades. I do want special treatment when my stay is for personal travel.

My Ambassador is really good when I ask for something.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
Originally Posted by andrewstahl
+100%

when traveling for work, I don’t care about upgrades. I do want special treatment when my stay is for personal travel.

My Ambassador is really good when I ask for something.
This has been exactly my experience as well. For me, Ambassador status really doesn’t matter — except for the times that it does. Most of the time, I have no need for my Ambassador. But when I travel with my wife, and I inform my Ambassador in advance, the results have been outstanding. In fact, I can’t think of one leisure trip where we didn’t receive a spectacular upgrade. That happening once or twice a year makes having an Ambassador completely worth it.

My Ambassador has also been really helping with dealing with last-minute cancelations. I have a job that requires me to travel on extremely short notice, and I often won’t know my destination until hours before my flight. In these instances, I’ll often book rooms in a few of the possible cities and let my Ambassador know the situation. She’ll proactively cancel the ones I don’t need and keep the one I do.

I don’t mean to sound like a shill, but I’ve really liked Ambassador status. I’ll miss it next year when I lose it.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Apparently a ~2/3 dollar/hotel spend and ~80% AmEx spend decline don't count as "abandoned" for some...SMH
SMH, I must be getting old (I am) as I can't decode this.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.