Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by awu25
Curious to know if the people receiving cheese boards have qualified for Ambassador for next year? I won't be making it this year, but would much rather prefer this to the laptop case given earlier in the year
i re-qualified maybe a day before i got the cheeseboard, so short a time span the system didnt yet recognize me as getting the needed number of stays in when i got it.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Curious to know if the people receiving cheese boards have qualified for Ambassador for next year? I won't be making it this year, but would much rather prefer this to the laptop case given earlier in the year
I requalified back in Sept.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I received one. I have not yet (and will not) requalify for Ambassador.
Awesome, here's to hoping I receive something in the next couple days.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:42 pm

Received and not yet re-qualified. Will probably find a reluctant home at white elephant gift swap.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Anyone else getting the cheese board?

My Cheeseboard arrived today.
Kizzy M. Dominguez likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Looks like a thinner, non metal stamped version of this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...819558966.html
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Sure, can be thankful. But at the same time, really wish they would use the time and money spent on this gift (that I will never use) to instead provide better Ambassador service / benefits.
For Pete’s sake. I’ve said this before and I’ll reiterate. Marriott could gift $1000 to ambassadors and half the folks here would find fault with it.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
In this case, it's $7
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by andrewstahl
My Cheeseboard arrived today.

Any idea if folks who are not going to re-qualify will get one?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:14 am
Suspended

I recently qualified for ambassador status but don't notice any difference between what I got as titanium and now ambassador. I'd settle for a thank you letter or notecard from the manager or general manager and not having to beg for a suite upgrade or check the room inventory on Marriott.com at arrival. I really don't understand why this is so difficult. At least IHG's ambassador/royal ambassador (which you pay for) is consistent in its meager recognition. If Marriott could just do that I would probably be happy. The only real value of ambassador has been having someone to email if I need points corrected, etc.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by icanneverflyenough
I recently qualified for ambassador status but don't notice any difference between what I got as titanium and now ambassador. I'd settle for a thank you letter or notecard from the manager or general manager and not having to beg for a suite upgrade or check the room inventory on Marriott.com at arrival. I really don't understand why this is so difficult. At least IHG's ambassador/royal ambassador (which you pay for) is consistent in its meager recognition. If Marriott could just do that I would probably be happy. The only real value of ambassador has been having someone to email if I need points corrected, etc.
To be a little snarky, there are pages upon pages with the various experiences different Ambassador's have had. I'm in the camp that this is a high value service, or at least that's what I've received. While you can get your Ambassador to do all sorts of NVA things (i.e. make normal res or the like), I work with mine to get that suite upgrade on our personal trips. I've been in the program for 5+ years and only seen a handful of notes from the hotel that wasn't attached to something my Ambassador set up.

Compared to Marriott's old PP program (i.e. by invite for top 2%) most employees were oblivious that PP was different than Plat. My experience was that only 10-20% of the time there was any treatment different than a Plat. At least now, most hotels I check into acknowledge the Ambassador status, and if I'm not already upgraded they don't have a problem trying to do it for you. For example we had a three night stay, the first night we had a regular room but the Manager told us the Pres Suite was open then next two nights if we were willing to move.

That's just been my experience and as I've said before, I treat my Ambassador as a partner in my travel, not my administrative assistant.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by deac83
To be a little snarky, there are pages upon pages with the various experiences different Ambassador's have had. I'm in the camp that this is a high value service, or at least that's what I've received. While you can get your Ambassador to do all sorts of NVA things (i.e. make normal res or the like), I work with mine to get that suite upgrade on our personal trips. I've been in the program for 5+ years and only seen a handful of notes from the hotel that wasn't attached to something my Ambassador set up.

Compared to Marriott's old PP program (i.e. by invite for top 2%) most employees were oblivious that PP was different than Plat. My experience was that only 10-20% of the time there was any treatment different than a Plat. At least now, most hotels I check into acknowledge the Ambassador status, and if I'm not already upgraded they don't have a problem trying to do it for you. For example we had a three night stay, the first night we had a regular room but the Manager told us the Pres Suite was open then next two nights if we were willing to move.

That's just been my experience and as I've said before, I treat my Ambassador as a partner in my travel, not my administrative assistant.
So should I tell my ambassador that when I'm traveling for "me" I expect wine and a note? My strategy if you can call it that has been not to ask for anything or be demanding about expectations thinking that if I was humble and had no expectations then I might get something.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: american
How my ambassador helped

Recently I was in a property that was “sold out” and the hotel wasn’t of any help. I needed to extend my stay at such property to avoid returning to a possible hurricane. My ambassador informed me that the property could never ask me to leave due to my status and in turn they extended my stay and I was able to remain in my room. This was invaluable and worth every dollar I spend with them.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by icanneverflyenough
So should I tell my ambassador that when I'm traveling for "me" I expect wine and a note? My strategy if you can call it that has been not to ask for anything or be demanding about expectations thinking that if I was humble and had no expectations then I might get something.
My view is that my Ambassador only has so much time to manage 'x' number of pax, so I leverage her when I really need something, like a couple big vacations a year. If your Ambassador is good they normally realize that a nice touch is to have something sent to the room (understanding it's up to the hotel to agree and execute). We stayed at the Florence Excelsior and they brought us wine and literally a table of sliced meats, cheeses and fruit, I never asked for that, but she did know this trip was for our 25th.

Hopefully you've had the conversation with your Ambassador about your likes and dislikes. They do ask if there is anything special you would like in your room.

Humble might be too much. I think of it as setting expectations with your Ambassador and making sure they know your preferences.

Just came up with this, but if an Ambassador had 100 guest to monitor, that could be 40 trips/year * 100 = 4000, and that's only if everyone just traveled to one property a week. But if you say 'we' take 2 significant vacations a year that 2*100 = 200 that your Ambassador has to manage. I think this highlights the my personal philosophy, don't make their life hard trying to deal with 4,000 minor things so they can focus on the 200 very important things.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Any idea if folks who are not going to re-qualify will get one?
See post # 2953 and the subsequent replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.