Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dimramon
For those of us that have an ambassador... Does your ambassador ever reach out to you proactively, or does he or she ever check in with you?
No and no. Not willing to go to the 100 night limit this year either.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
For those of us that have an ambassador... Does your ambassador ever reach out to you proactively, or does he or she ever check in with you?
Reach me proactively : no

She does ask feedback about the property after stay.

I usually send an update when I plan some trips and start making reservation to keep her in the loop.
And also to make everyone life easier, the update is sort of weekly update (or even monthly if the trips still few months away)
Usually I told her what reservations I made during the period (weekly or monthly) and further reservations I plan to make but haven't done yet.

Closer to the date then I email her the requests like airport transfers or any other requests to the hotel concierge.

So far she was very efficient with these requests. Our timezone was very close ... only 1 hour difference. So if I send in my requests during work hour she usually send the acknowledgement within the hour and then we wait for the hotel to reply.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:19 pm

Spend for Ambassador General Discussion

Can I buy a $3500 gc in person for hit the 20k spend requirement?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
You must be crazy to think an Ambassador is worth an extra $3.5k in spend. That's a lot of "free" cakes and $5 bottles of wine you'll need to get to make it worthwhile!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
you still have more than 4 months to go unless you know you are grounded for the rest of the year

as Rafka said, as a current Ambassador, I do not think its worth the trouble even if you know you can spend the $3500 in gift card the next year. Honestly I was getting cakes & booze as a Platinum too except for maybe once a year my Ambassador would arrange something special. Most of the time it's property awarding Platinum +. Otherwise, I don't think your Ambassador has more power compared to Platinum customer support
bhrubin and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I'm getting neither cake nor wine (except as service recovery from a hotel which knows I don't drink ) as an ambassador; I must be doing something wrong
lbbzman, RafKa and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I can't think of poorer uses of $3,500...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:54 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Is that a joke?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:30 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention the $3.5k gc will be reimbursed by my employer in 2020 for work travel.
Still not worth it?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Sorry, I forgot to mention the $3.5k gc will be reimbursed by my employer in 2020 for work travel.
Still not worth it?
Your employer's accountant probably thinks it isn't worth it, that's for sure.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Your employer's accountant probably thinks it isn't worth it, that's for sure.
Nah. He's no doubt fronting this out of his own pocket. Then it doesn't matter as it's on the OP to pull the cash out of pocket and get reimbursed next year as the work travel occurs. It's an investment for the OP - is it worth the investment income that he's bypassing? That's his call.

If it's the owner, it again doesn't matter because the gift card will be classified as an asset until used next year.

That being said, the main question I don't know the answer to - does the spend on the gift card count when purchased at a hotel?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:54 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
What upgrade or treats is 3.5K worth, LOL
RafKa, bhrubin and Travelchurner like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by chipmaster
On a rack rate basis, one could argue that you would come out even after a couple weeks in suites. I'm playing the devil's advocate to some extent here - it's a flawed argument in that 1) it's not really apples to apples if OP wasn't going to pay for said suites anyhow, and 2) there's of course no guarantee of getting the upgrades - $3.5K up front is a big leap of faith!!!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by chipmaster
Isn't the OP suggesting buying a Marriott gift card, so that (assuming he continues to travel), he will eventually spend that $3,500 at Marriott anyway? Perhaps soon if he's already spent $16,500 with them this year. So the only cost would be the time value of money.

Lots of snarky responses here but no one answered the question as to whether this purchase would qualify. I am curious too.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I believe others have posted that incidental spend (food and beverages) doesn't count. I would guess that credit card purchase wouldn't either. Makes sense since when the OP uses those gift cards, the amount he spends at the hotel will be counted. So that would be double dipping with the same purchase (spend for buying gift cards and spend for using gift cards).
CCIE_Flyer and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.