Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I am currently an MR LTP and expect to be LTPP under the merged program (2900+ nights, 9+ million points) . I currently have 73 MR nights (including roll-over and credit card nights) and 8 SPG nights. If by the end of the year I have a combined total in excess of 100 and I spent $20K, will I have Ambassador status?
My reading of the current version of the rules is that anyone with 100+ combined nights and $20,000 combined "qualified spend" will get an Ambassador in the new program immediately, starting in August. In particular, anyone meeting these requirements *before* August should be assigned an Ambassador as soon as practical after August 1st, especially if there are 100+ Marriott only nights and over $20,000 in Marriott only "qualified spend" so that there's no combination of accounts involved, just like current MR LTPs will become LTPPs on August 1st.

Currently anyone with 100 SPG only nights gets an Ambassador immediately and this will continue through the end of the year, with such Ambassadors available to the SPG elite through/to February 2020.
DL-Don likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I am currently an MR LTP and expect to be LTPP under the merged program (2900+ nights, 9+ million points)
How do you get 2,900-plus nights?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My reading of the current version of the rules is that anyone with 100+ combined nights and $20,000 combined "qualified spend" will get an Ambassador in the new program immediately, starting in August. In particular, anyone meeting these requirements *before* August should be assigned an Ambassador as soon as practical after August 1st, especially if there are 100+ Marriott only nights and over $20,000 in Marriott only "qualified spend" so that there's no combination of accounts involved, just like current MR LTPs will become LTPPs on August 1st.

Currently anyone with 100 SPG only nights gets an Ambassador immediately and this will continue through the end of the year, with such Ambassadors available to the SPG elite through/to February 2020.
Well, I'm at 224 nights, including 102 rollover from 2017. It will be very, very interesting.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Two platinum Premier Elite 75 nights or One 100 night Ambassador?

My partner and I will both achieve 75 nights Platinum Premier Elite by the end of 2018. Would it make sense for one of us to accumulate all the nights and Points in 2019 so that we could share the additional benefits of 100 nights with Ambassador or is the benefit minimal compared to what we both enjoy as Platinum? This past year we have been able to alternate our reservations between the two accounts to maximize the Welcome Gift Points and any MegaBonus Points when staying for an extended period at one hotel.
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Almost 30 years of butt-in-bed and the credit card.
C17PSGR and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'd say its not that hard but ...I've had the Marriott credit card for 10 years or so, so that counts as 150 nights plus a few per $3,000 in spend (I have only used for Marriott stays). Then we've had rollover for some period of time although I don't think I got rollover for a couple of years when first plat premier. So that's around 300/400 from rollover/credit card. Plus I think I had a meeting once so maybe that's 10

The other 2000+ nights -- in Marriott/Renn/Autograph/CY/FI/RI/AC/TownPlace/Springhill -- working my way through 30 brands. I was a Club Marquis member along with the CY Club. Suspect DL Don was as well although he has me beat on points and miles!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Almost 30 years of butt-in-bed and the credit card.
That's a lot of mediocre Marriott properties in Sheboygan, Sioux City or wherever. They should give you an award for your loyalty.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I'd say its not that hard but ...I've had the Marriott credit card for 10 years or so, so that counts as 150 nights plus a few per $3,000 in spend (I have only used for Marriott stays). Then we've had rollover for some period of time although I don't think I got rollover for a couple of years when first plat premier. So that's around 300/400 from rollover/credit card. Plus I think I had a meeting once so maybe that's 10

The other 2000+ nights -- in Marriott/Renn/Autograph/CY/FI/RI/AC/TownPlace/Springhill -- working my way through 30 brands. I was a Club Marquis member along with the CY Club. Suspect DL Don was as well although he has me beat on points and miles!
Well, yeah, but if they were actual butt-in-bed nights then that is altogether different. I would be curious to know how many active Marriott customers have 2,500-plus nights. I'd suspect very few.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:11 pm

We use the Marriott Visa for virtually everything so the nights & points continue to rack up.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

That's a lot of mediocre Marriott properties in Sheboygan, Sioux City or wherever. They should give you an award for your loyalty.
The vast majority of my travel is NOT to Sheboygan, Sioux City, etc. Most of mine is to larger cities like SFO, NYC, BOS, ORD, ATL, SEA, LAX, PDX, DFW, MSY, FLL, etc.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:16 pm

The vast majority of my nights have luckily been in Marriott FS, Renaissance and JWs with the occasional CY, FF, and RI.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Well, yeah, but if they were actual butt-in-bed nights then that is altogether different. I would be curious to know how many active Marriott customers have 2,500-plus nights. I'd suspect very few.
I do. No credit card nights in any form and no meeting nights, although I do have some RC nights in the mix (but not many), which I guess were counted double. Unlike SPG, MR cards don't say "member since" but I know I was a member of the Marquis Club way back, which would be several decades ago. The good news is that I only recall one Courtyard stay.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Well there's three of us on here in that range -- although I'll confess I'm somewhere between 2000-2500 actual bib nights.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I do. No credit card nights in any form and no meeting nights, although I do have some RC nights in the mix (but not many), which I guess were counted double. Unlike SPG, MR cards don't say "member since" but I know I was a member of the Marquis Club way back, which would be several decades ago. The good news is that I only recall one Courtyard stay.
The vast majority of my nights have luckily been in Marriott FS, Renaissance and JWs with the occasional CY, FF, and RI.
I've been trying hard to stick with the FS brands but too many places with the lower tier brands

Did either of you get ambassadors?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:43 pm

No
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:56 pm

Well there's three of us on here in that range -- although I'll confess I'm somewhere between 2000-2500 actual bib nights.

I've been trying hard to stick with the FS brands but too many places with the lower tier brands

NO, and I voted with my feet: Only one or two MR nights last year (plus some rollover). I seem to be in the control group for the experiment and I don't like it. [Hyatt has treated me very well, but I earned some of their goodies too early in the year.] If I don't get an Ambassador pretty quickly, I'll disappear again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.