Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
The current cash rates are what they are, wondering if you'd know what the rates were historically pre-COVID, just for my curiosity.
Pre-pandemic, I recall the rates here being closer to the $400/night range (expect for very high-demand periods). I stayed here for a week (on points/certs) right after they reopened in Nov 2020, and the average rate was around $600/night (despite a relatively empty property at the time). It's only gone up from there in the last year.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Pre-pandemic, I recall the rates here being closer to the $400/night range (expect for very high-demand periods). I stayed here for a week (on points/certs) right after they reopened in Nov 2020, and the average rate was around $600/night (despite a relatively empty property at the time). It's only gone up from there in the last year.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for the data point, sort of confirms what I thought I recalled this property typically going for. In my mind I was remembering it as being ~$500 +/- in the past.
Really got me thinking when I saw $1500/night rates a few weeks ago
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:44 am

Sounds like this resort has a tower and low buildings. Thoughts or reviews of these options? Thank you
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sunbon
Sounds like this resort has a tower and low buildings. Thoughts or reviews of these options? Thank you
Correct. The tower generally has the worst rooms (I stayed on points once and got placed in a low floor tower room that faced the porte cochere). All the tower rooms on one side face the resort interior and parking garage, though I'd imagine some of the top floors might have partial ocean views in addition. If possible you want to be in one of the many low rise buildings which I believe they call the lanais.

In this link you can see the tower with the lighter roof, above and to the left of the parking garage:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...4d-156.4428011
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Correct. The tower generally has the worst rooms (I stayed on points once and got placed in a low floor tower room that faced the porte cochere). All the tower rooms on one side face the resort interior and parking garage, though I'd imagine some of the top floors might have partial ocean views in addition. If possible you want to be in one of the many low rise buildings which I believe they call the lanais.

In this link you can see the tower with the lighter roof, above and to the left of the parking garage:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...4d-156.4428011
Thank you! I will request a lower building. Hopefully they will honor my request!!!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:02 pm

I'm booked into the base Garden room on points, but as a very low status (Silver, turning to gold during stay) Marriott person, do I have any chance at getting a free upgrade to a non-parking lot facing room?

I am considering if I should reach out to the hotel ahead of time to find out about paid upgrades. Has anyone had any recent experiences with this and/or any contact info for staff at the hotel that I should reach out to about a paid upgrade? I'm past the point where I can change my reservation for free online.

I'll be on business for the latter part of my stay, but I'd like a better room for at least my first few days when it's a mini vacation for my postponed milestone B-day. My stay is in a few weeks and I've seen the cash room rates drop, with what were probably a lot of cancellations when the governor advised to stay away. So I don't think the hotel will be full during my stay.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PITflyer2015
I am considering if I should reach out to the hotel ahead of time to find out about paid upgrades. Has anyone had any recent experiences with this and/or any contact info for staff at the hotel that I should reach out to about a paid upgrade? I'm past the point where I can change my reservation for free online.
I bet they'd be delighted to take some cash from you. This property definitely does paid upgrades on awards.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
I bet they'd be delighted to take some cash from you. This property definitely does paid upgrades on awards.
Many properties love cash upgrades from my experience DO IT
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Initial booking here on an award- turned off already.

not able to reserve a king bed on points, just an option for 2q or 1k, not guaranteed. And in spite of availability for point upgrades in every type of room and suite, they don’t allow SNAs applied.

vs the Andaz where I already have a confirmed suite on points with free parking, waived resort fee, etc. I am there for a week, wanting to extend here for three days but will go to the Waldorf.

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 22, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Initial booking here on an award- turned off already.

not able to reserve a king bed on points, just an option for 2q or 1k, not guaranteed. And in spite of availability for point upgrades in every type of room and suite, they don’t allow SNAs applied.

vs the Andaz where I already have a confirmed suite on points with free parking, waived resort fee, etc. I am there for a week, wanting to extend here for three days but will go to the Waldorf.
T
things not being normal I can see your luck in booking the Andaz I sent my son on this honeymoon there as "stay like a Diamond" got him a nice suite great place My company did work on the reflag
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I recently spent a round number birthday here on points. Booked the base room at 50k per night with 20k per night points upgrade at booking to Partial Ocean View King. Property does not accept SNA’s.

On the day before arrival the app was showing Oceanfront King and at check in I was assigned a second floor room in Hale 3 which is one of the buildings closest to the ocean. This appears to be one of their higher non-suite rooms and it truly was oceanfront, lounging on the balcony with fantastic sunset views was a great treat. The room was clean and modern with a sofabed in the sitting area and fairly spacious for “regular sized” room. I liked their house branded toiletries, much nicer than the usual Marriott stuff.

There was a juice and lei presented at check-in along with a small gift bag containing some cookies and a welcome note. I also received two welcome drink coupons to be redeemed at the restaurant. The self parking (included in/out utilizing your room card) was charged at $30 in addition to the resort fee ($38). I chose the breakfast amenity and was given the vouchers which I redeemed at Starbucks. They were pretty flexible with what you picked and if you wanted a hot sandwich opposed to a regular pastry the up-charge was only like $2. The flexibility was good and since I have no experience at this property “pre-covid” I was ok with the option provided since I could take back to my balcony and enjoy in peace. The pools were quite nice and while I am not a prime time sun lounger it never seemed too busy, the actual beach was a few minutes walk in either direction along the public walkway.

Overall I had a nice stay and enjoyed my upgrade to oceanfront room, the view was not to be beat on my tour of the islands.

View From Balcony
svo242 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b
I recently spent a round number birthday here on points. Booked the base room at 50k per night with 20k per night points upgrade at booking to Partial Ocean View King. Property does not accept SNA’s.

On the day before arrival the app was showing Oceanfront King and at check in I was assigned a second floor room in Hale 3 which is one of the buildings closest to the ocean. This appears to be one of their higher non-suite rooms and it truly was oceanfront, lounging on the balcony with fantastic sunset views was a great treat. The room was clean and modern with a sofabed in the sitting area and fairly spacious for “regular sized” room. I liked their house branded toiletries, much nicer than the usual Marriott stuff.

There was a juice and lei presented at check-in along with a small gift bag containing some cookies and a welcome note. I also received two welcome drink coupons to be redeemed at the restaurant. The self parking (included in/out utilizing your room card) was charged at $30 in addition to the resort fee ($38). I chose the breakfast amenity and was given the vouchers which I redeemed at Starbucks. They were pretty flexible with what you picked and if you wanted a hot sandwich opposed to a regular pastry the up-charge was only like $2. The flexibility was good and since I have no experience at this property “pre-covid” I was ok with the option provided since I could take back to my balcony and enjoy in peace. The pools were quite nice and while I am not a prime time sun lounger it never seemed too busy, the actual beach was a few minutes walk in either direction along the public walkway.

Overall I had a nice stay and enjoyed my upgrade to oceanfront room, the view was not to be beat on my tour of the islands.

View From Balcony
Great Picture we have stayed in that building much quieter . Thats where we like to stay.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Great photo! I had a very similar (if not the same) room/view last November. Really could not have asked for a better upgrade - even better than many of the junior suites on property.

Property does not accept SNA’s.
Is this a recent change? Prior to 2021, they accepted SNAs in my experience.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is this a recent change? Prior to 2021, they accepted SNAs in my experience.

-FlyerBeek
Not sure but not available at booking and I checked semi-regularly over 6 months, was never able to apply them. Maybe it was because I did points upgrade at time of booking?

Last edited by dc2005b; Sep 30, 2021 at 7:21 am Reason: clarity
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:23 pm

Does the Hotel check Vaccine cards upon arrival?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.