Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yuel
what is the normal price or pre covid? I am see over $6k for a 5 night stay next summer??
Wailea prices have been insane since travel to Hawaii reopened. All the full services properties have been charging at least $800/night, often $1000+. Even the RI is often over $800/night.

IMO, none of the Marriott options are worth the cash rates. Good opportunity to burn points if you can.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wailea prices have been insane since travel to Hawaii reopened. All the full services properties have been charging at least $800/night, often $1000+. Even the RI is often over $800/night.

IMO, none of the Marriott options are worth the cash rates. Good opportunity to burn points if you can.
oh yes,i will burn 240K points before paying $6k, and is july 4th a good week to go?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
oh yes,i will burn 240K points before paying $6k, and is july 4th a good week to go?
It's traditionally a very busy week for travel to the islands. Weather should be good.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
It's traditionally a very busy week for travel to the islands. Weather should be good.
Marriott International has lost control. I am surprised the Hawaii.gov is not stepping in for gouging prices. It will come back to haunt the islands and the properties
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:05 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

The point redemption dropped considerably recently. I rebooked for the same days from peak price to off peak points.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I am surprised the Hawaii.gov is not stepping in for gouging prices.
Although the Governor announced yesterday he is discouraging tourists from coming to Hawaii alternatively The State of Hawaii is thrilled with the tax revenue the tourists are generating - especially hotel taxes. The State and County are currently looking at increasing those taxes - so who is gouging who.....

This isn't like a hurricane came thru and gas and grocery store tripled.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Although the Governor announced yesterday he is discouraging tourists from coming to Hawaii alternatively The State of Hawaii is thrilled with the tax revenue the tourists are generating - especially hotel taxes. The State and County are currently looking at increasing those taxes - so who is gouging who.....

This isn't like a hurricane came thru and gas and grocery store tripled.
so what is higher, tax increase of 5-15% or increase hotel prices of ??%, I dont know what the price of the rooms were 2 years ago, but i can say the hotel room is not $1,200 a night worthy, imo
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:38 pm
Suspended

so what is higher, tax increase of 5-15% or increase hotel prices of ??%, I dont know what the price of the rooms were 2 years ago, but i can say the hotel room is not $1,200 a night worthy, imo
Still plenty hotel rooms to book with points. Why do I care about cash prices if I get points and FNAs to burn?

Sure some people do pay high cash prices for places like Four Season, Fremont and Grand Wailea. They get cash to burn too.

But we do get choices.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
In case you didn't notice other hotels in Hawaii are similarly priced. It's due to limited travel options and cheap flights to Hawaii.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
In case you didn't notice other hotels in Hawaii are similarly priced. It's due to limited travel options and cheap flights to Hawaii
Primarily demand side, because the properties are for the most part not selling out. Rather, they're taking advantage of inelastic demand by jacking up the room rates to crazy-expensive. They'd rather have rooms go empty than discount through retail channels. It's an excellent scenario for high-value award redemptions.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:54 pm
Suspended

I think hotel demand is like that on gasoline. In May and June, travel pretty much fully opened. Due to the sudden demand, all travel prices are at the peak pricing. Then with the scare of Delta, quite some people cancelled travel plans. But travel prices are dropping like those of last year. Not sure about the resort occupancy rate right now. But most of the large hotels like 4 Seasons, Fremont, Hyatt Regency are still super busy now.

I think travel prices may stay elevated for the rest of the year. Travel demand is still there. Hotels and airlines want to make some money to stay afloat. Some rich people still get the money to spend with the wealth from real estate and stock markets.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
I think travel prices may stay elevated for the rest of the year. Travel demand is still there. Hotels and airlines want to make some money to stay afloat. Some rich people still get the money to spend with the wealth from real estate and stock markets.
It's a lot more than "some rich people." The bay area (one example, there are others) is absolutely flooded with tech wealth right now.
RedSun likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
Not sure about the resort occupancy rate right now.
The June numbers are out and yes they vary by hotel but gives a general sense. We know visitor arrivals are smaller than 2019 with little to no international arrivals.

June overall clocked in at 77% occupancy. Average daily room rates were 14.2% higher than 2019. Despite lower occupancy - room revenue in June was higher in 2021 than 2019.

Luxury hotels - clocked in at 70.2% occupancy with a $754 Average daily room rate or 36% higher than 2019.

Maui and Wailea specific luxury occupancy clocked in at 75.3% occupancy - average room rate of $790 or 28% higher than 2019
RedSun likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Good to know. I expect luxury hotels and particularly places like Hawaii to continue to be strong. Folks continue to travel, even not at level before. I think hotels are happy with what they get now.

I think the more moderate and lower tier hotels will improve later when more common folks start to travel for leisure. Business travel will improve at a lower pace.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:32 pm

Been eyeing a much needed getaway to this hotel.
The current cash rates are what they are, wondering if you'd know what the rates were historically pre-COVID, just for my curiosity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.