Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to joeags for this information:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Print Wikipost

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Not everyone has an iphone . On a dif note, would be interesting to see what a property does w/ the iphone wallet when they insist they're required to copy the card.

Re: German/Sweden et al AAAs being allowed to use the rate, if they are, then Marriott should program the field to accept their #s (but then again, it is Marriott IT we're talking about).

Cheers.
I think most AAAs in this world participating in the Show your card programme which means that you are entitled to the benefit where you are travelling to. I doubt that Marriott/any corporate can handle all the various number formats.

Why can't people just show their card at check-in? No card= rack rate, simple and easy.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Want to see the AAA rate, show us your....

AAA membership number first. When did this start?
Old May 17, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Where did you see this? Property/dates? I assume the marriot.com website.

I dropped back to IE - only used for these situations, no cookies, no cached login info, etc. - and entered a city, date, and selected AAA/CAA rates.

I got "AAA Hot Deals - $139" and "AAA rate, AAA membership card required - $147" (same as my default browser)

I was asked for the number in order to book it (seems fair - I want to confirm AAA rate, confirm I'm a AAA member), but had already seen the rate to decide.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPRich
Where did you see this? Property/dates? I assume the marriot.com website.

I dropped back to IE - only used for these situations, no cookies, no cached login info, etc. - and entered a city, date, and selected AAA/CAA rates.

I got "AAA Hot Deals - $139" and "AAA rate, AAA membership card required - $147" (same as my default browser)

I was asked for the number in order to book it (seems fair - I want to confirm AAA rate, confirm I'm a AAA member), but had already seen the rate to decide.
Exactly, only when I clicked on "select" did they ask me (for the first time ever at this point) for my AAA number. I clicked "select" to see the breakdown of the rates "per day" as we know that the rate shown, is only the lowest rate during a stay

Old May 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Long Distance
Exactly, only when I clicked on "select" did they ask me (for the first time ever at this point) for my AAA number. I clicked "select" to see the breakdown of the rates "per day" as we know that the rate shown, is only the lowest rate during a stay

Some suggestions in Required to Input AAA membership number now
Old May 17, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I have only been asked to put the number in when booking. Not just viewing the rate.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
As noted above, OP defined "see the rate" as "provide a detailed rate breakdown by day".

OP, as noted above, this has been in place for a month+. I don't know if it's good or bad, but your AAA status seems to be stored in a cookie - I never logged in but after putting my number in I can search another property/date and get to the details page without re-entering.

Last edited by CPRich; May 17, 2018 at 11:41 am
Old May 17, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Hilton has been doing this for a long time, even just to see the rates. I generally use the Senior which is often better than the AAA, and doesn't (yet) require any on-line documentation.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm fine entering my AAA number - once. I also carry the physical card...tow truck drivers ask for it, and in a parking lot or by the side of the road I'd rather hand them that than my phone.

I had to enter it yesterday to book a Marriott for next week. I was not asked to save it to my profile, but I seriously hope this was automatically done. I'm not going to be too pleased to have to re-enter it the next time I want to book a AAA rate.

Hilton says they save your AAA number, but in practice they don't. Fortunately, entering the international code (430) has worked for me. I can remember three digits, but I do not memorize my 16-digit AAA number.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
@pinniped: In my experience, it's not saved. I have had to enter it multiple times. As far as I know, it is not saved nor is there a place to input it in your profile.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
@pinniped: In my experience, it's not saved. I have had to enter it multiple times. As far as I know, it is not saved nor is there a place to input it in your profile.
Damn. That's incredibly poor design and hopefully something Marriott will fix ASAP. Wonder if the 430 trick works on Marriott like it does Hilton? Or perhaps any random 16-digit number?
Old May 18, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
Damn. That's incredibly poor design and hopefully something Marriott will fix ASAP. Wonder if the 430 trick works on Marriott like it does Hilton? Or perhaps any random 16-digit number?
I haven't tried fuzzing it yet. But I will.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Got it for the first time yesterday too. It's saved in Google Contacts, so was just a copypasta away.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by pinniped
My 3 digit number doesn't work. And it is rather unfortunate, as it is legitimately the number that I am instructed to use. I hope they rectify that shortly.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Not everyone has an iphone . On a dif note, would be interesting to see what a property does w/ the iphone wallet when they insist they're required to copy the card.

Cheers.
I can do a screen print of the AAA card in the wallet and email to the hotel. There's their copy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.