Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to joeags for this information:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Print Wikipost

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Is there some way to save the # in the system. Annoying to have to put it in every time.
Funny you say that- I just made an AAA reservation and it was auto-filled. Finally!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Funny you say that- I just made an AAA reservation and it was auto-filled. Finally!
Crome will remember it and auto populate it. At least mine does. I just made a reservation and had no issues.

James
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Chrome will remember it and auto populate it. At least mine does
It didn't used to before today (at least for me, anyway)
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I continue to be able to book in the app without needing to populate the number.

As for the website, are we sure it's not just the browser auto-populating the field? That is it's actually Marriott that has saved the number and won't ask again, even if I log in via a device I've never used before?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:40 pm

Just tried it from Firefox (i.e., a browser I've never used for this before, and is set to not remember any private data after closing the browser); after manually logging in, and trying to book an AAA rate, my AAA number was autofilled.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you book via Marriott.DE, you can select the AAA rate and it won't ask you for a number. Thats how I book them, as Marriott.com doesn't take my Dutch (show your card) club number.
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I have noticed for a few months now that the MR site remembers my AAA number. It isn't just Chrome doing autofill. Even after erasing history and all stored data in Chrome (periodic housekeeping ) or using an incognito window, it still remembers my AAA number. Nice not to have to keep typing it in. YMMV...

--Jon
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I have noticed for a few months now that the MR site remembers my AAA number
Huh. Maybe they're rolling it out in stages (but I can't understand why, seems that's an "all or nothing" coding thing) but I had to fill it in less than ~3 weeks ago.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Huh. Maybe they're rolling it out in stages (but I can't understand why, seems that's an "all or nothing" coding thing) but I had to fill it in less than ~3 weeks ago.
I just checked again with a Chrome incognito window and Bing (a browser I never use) and it remembers my AAA number. So maybe it is a phased roll out. Agree seems kind of strange to do the roll out over an extended period of time. When is the last time you tried to make a AAA rate reservation? Perhaps try making a dummy reservation now and see if it remembers your AAA number.

--Jon
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I have noticed for a few months now that the MR site remembers my AAA number. It isn't just Chrome doing autofill. Even after erasing history and all stored data in Chrome (periodic housekeeping ) or using an incognito window, it still remembers my AAA number. Nice not to have to keep typing it in. YMMV...

--Jon
For me it's been hit or miss. Sometimes it remembers my AAA membership number, other times it doesn't.

I'm not certain but I think if I've used the AAA rate at a particular hotel, that's when Marriott has it. If it's a hotel at which I'm using the AAA rate for the first time, I have to add the number again.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The JW in Bangkok routinely asks for the card - the electronic wallet type is ok. They need to enter your membership number.

First time it happened I signed up in the lounge. Still saved over the annual fee on that one stay.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
[QUOTE=WilcoRoger;32132335]The JW in Bangkok routinely asks for the card - the electronic wallet type is ok. They need to enter your membership number.

First time it happened I signed up in the lounge. Still saved over the annual fee on that one stay.[/QUOTE

LOL!! That’s smart.

My membership only cost $37 Canadian or $27 US. No brainer.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:38 pm

So far, this year no FD agent has asked to see any credentials for any of the rates I've booked.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
All these years of booking with AAA, I've never been asked to show membership ID during check in.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:41 pm

I have stayed at the Courtyard outside John Wayne Airport in Irvine. I am always asked for my AAA card as evidence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.