Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:16 am

I have 5 nights booked in a GV on points. I'm Plat Premier. Can I assume I will get breatkfast included? (confused by the latest post of benefits provided for PP with Ambassador status).
Anyone stay in a GV? We've stayed at the PH previously and were quite happy with the park pool villas. Upgraded one night to an OVW at the PH and that was enough time for us. However, these GVs don't look like they have direct beach access. Is it worth upgrading to an OWV? I've read a recent post that some OWV aren't in the best location. I don't want to be stuck out on the water for 5 nights with no direct sun ever.

Thanks!

Last edited by CherylD; Nov 4, 2018 at 6:44 am
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by CherylD
I have 5 nights booked in a GV on points. I'm Plat Premier. Can I assume I will get breatkfast included? (confused by the latest post of benefits provided for PP with Ambassador status).
Anyone stay in a GV? We've stayed at the PH previously and were quite happy with the park pool villas. Upgraded one night to an OVW at the PH and that was enough time for us. However, these GVs don't look like they have direct beach access. Is it worth upgrading to an OVW? I've read a recent post that some OVW aren't in the best location. I don't want to be stuck out on the water for 5 nights with no direct sun ever.
I hope I was not the source of your confusion about breakfast with my review a few weeks ago. As far as I know as PP you will have breakfast included.

Subsequent to my recent stay, I have booked a GV with points for 2019 and I will most definitely upgrade to OWV with cash. You have PP status so you will be able to contact them in advance to ask about one of the more desirable OWVs and avoid those north-facing OWVs which get limited sun. I do not think you should have hesitation about this - I would be very surprised if they do not meet your demands.

If you have the budget, you can upgrade to sunset OWV (instead of the regular OWVs) and then no problem about having direct sunlight, and you will get more privacy too.
CherylD likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Was quoted a GV->OWV upgrade price of 369USD for my Oct19 stay. When mentioning in response that cash price difference during my stay is only 164USD, the resort replied that upgrades are “fixed rates based on the period of your stay”.

A little surprised that October appears to be considered high season given the relatively high upgrade price, and think I’ll pass on the upgrade for now and check back closer to my dates.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by raunow
Was quoted a GV->OWV upgrade price of 369USD for my Oct19 stay. When mentioning in response that cash price difference during my stay is only 164USD, the resort replied that upgrades are “fixed rates based on the period of your stay”.

A little surprised that October appears to be considered high season given the relatively high upgrade price, and think I’ll pass on the upgrade for now and check back closer to my dates.
I agree that October is not high season. If I was you I would also wait until closer to the date, most likely you will get a better deal down the road.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:03 pm

Anybody have any luck applying the RC free night certificates for this property? I booked a 6 night stay on points, but nobody I've talked to has been able to retroactively apply the certificates to the stay. Given that it did not give me the option to use the certificates when I booked the stay, I was hoping that there would be something that could be done retroactively.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by cycyc
Anybody have any luck applying the RC free night certificates for this property? I booked a 6 night stay on points, but nobody I've talked to has been able to retroactively apply the certificates to the stay. Given that it did not give me the option to use the certificates when I booked the stay, I was hoping that there would be something that could be done retroactively.
You wont be able to do that until St Regis moves into the marriott reseervation system fully. Its expected to happen on Dec 11.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:52 am

Currently booked into standard OWB suite. Does anyone know if I can use my suite night award from 50 nights of stay this year to get upgrades to st regis suite?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:18 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by bluebubble
Currently booked into standard OWB suite. Does anyone know if I can use my suite night award from 50 nights of stay this year to get upgrades to st regis suite?
Very much no. Hotels set their own suite categories that can be requested for SNAs and most hotels only include basic suites, not premium suites. And on top of that, generally all-suite properties like this one don't allow any further use of SNAs.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:10 am

Hi all first time poster here.

I have a booking at the St Regis for March, I'm staying over night near the airport. Will the St Regis chauffeur pick us up from our hotel the next morning or do we need to get our own transfer back to the airport to meet them? Also if we want the Bentley I gather our best option is to email them and ask for it?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:51 pm

I reached out to the resort and was sent updated menus over the summer, including a mini bar menu on August 21st. In the August 21st menu liquor in room was $60 for a 375ml bottle. Since then they have applied a modest price increase (50%!!!!!!) and those $60 bottles now cost $90. Pretty insane!

I haven't looked too closely, but looks like some other items have experienced a significant increase as well (pop was $6 and is no $10 in room).

Increases aside, day one wasn't overly impressive. Our butler is fantastic, but a number of other minor misses in service by the resort have surprised us for a resort of this calibre.

EDIT: For those of you that I sent menus to, you might want to reach out directly to the resort to ensure you are looking at accurate pricing if you're concerned about prices.

And, for anyone here recently - can you comment on whether or not the price change had happened for your stay? Just curious as to when they implemented the change...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:42 pm
kkl

I'll be on site next month. Didn't reach out to property as plans were undecided

Since I'm locked in ill request menus etcx
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
I reached out to the resort and was sent updated menus over the summer, including a mini bar menu on August 21st. In the August 21st menu liquor in room was $60 for a 375ml bottle. Since then they have applied a modest price increase (50%!!!!!!) and those $60 bottles now cost $90. Pretty insane!

I haven't looked too closely, but looks like some other items have experienced a significant increase as well (pop was $6 and is no $10 in room).

Increases aside, day one wasn't overly impressive. Our butler is fantastic, but a number of other minor misses in service by the resort have surprised us for a resort of this calibre.

EDIT: For those of you that I sent menus to, you might want to reach out directly to the resort to ensure you are looking at accurate pricing if you're concerned about prices.

And, for anyone here recently - can you comment on whether or not the price change had happened for your stay? Just curious as to when they implemented the change...
As of early October prices were not what you describe so it must have happened in the last 3-4 weeks.

What minor misses in service did you experience? Sorry to hear.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc

I was there from 2 weeks ago and the menu's were as you describe them to be now, so happened prior to then.

I would agree with you on early wobbles on service as well!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SoftDraw
Hi all first time poster here.

I have a booking at the St Regis for March, I'm staying over night near the airport. Will the St Regis chauffeur pick us up from our hotel the next morning or do we need to get our own transfer back to the airport to meet them? Also if we want the Bentley I gather our best option is to email them and ask for it?
We stayed at the Hulhule Island Hotel which is on the same island (really bad service but just 2 mins walk) and they said they would pick us up from the airport only. OT but we had a 7pm check in and they wanted $200 odd extra for checking in at 4pm even though they had rooms available.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:19 am

Have room service food menu prices increased as well or only drinks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.