Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by pdrickey
Booked it for the 26th-31st to avoid any Christmas and/or NYE mandatory gala dinners
Ahh smart

Hopefully no Chinese billionaire takes over the resort during that time, unlike... other times!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Okay. I figured since I write most notes of my travels anyway, I should clean up the grammar, pick the better pictures, add some acid wit and share it with the community. I'd normally do this via the blog, but I'm still somewhere in early 2015 catching up with my travels, so I don't want to break the timeline, so I'll post direct links to my Evernote travel notes instead.

Here are some notes from our trip in mid-December 2016. I'll add a few more as I sort through the pictures.
@Pseudo Nim, just finish reading your trip report and it provides a lot of valuable information. Just a quick question, if you book "any" spa treatments like a 30 min foot message, can you access to the Blue Hole pool? I notice you didn't know the price for the spa. From the spa menu in the wiki, the private Blue Hole experience for two hours costs US$350 before 10% tax and fee. So you essential got $400 experience for free

Last edited by thebluejean; Jan 6, 2017 at 3:58 pm
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
@Pseudo Nim, just finish reading your trip report and it provides a lot of valuable information. Just a quick question, if you book "any" spa treatments like a 30 foot message, can you access to the Blue Hole pool? I notice you didn't know the price for the spa. From the spa menu in the wiki, the private Blue Hole experience for two hours costs US$350 before 10% tax and fee. So you essential got a free $400 experience for free
As I understood it, a spa treatment does NOT automatically entitle you to the Blue Hole. And oddly, I feel like the in-room spa menu did not have prices, but sure enough, the one here does. Very strange.

In all fairness, it was a cool experience, but $400? No. Just, no.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I'm getting here day after tomorrow. Has anyone seen if the Bentley is ready yet?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
EDIT**: This is the same conversion rate for the seaplane transfer redemption. Still could be worse...

For those of you who have been waiting in anticipation of what the Starpoint Instant Rewards redemption value is, my reliable ambassador did some digging and sent over some info...

You can purchase hotel credit at the conversion rate of 75 Starpoints per $1 USD. This isn't a great deal and using points for hotel room redemptions is obviously ultimately better, but it's a better rate than what I originally expected, so it's still a win for me. I'm going to target converting between 150K-200K Starpoints to give my wallet a break, esp. since I'm paying cash for our flights to MLE.

What's the total tax/service fee percentage again for each resort product?

The resort will allow you to redeem hotel credit for "all incidentals". I need to confirm this, because I was previously told by resort staff that the dive center would not be eligible for these redemptions.

Last edited by Ants1; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:33 am
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:22 pm

what is the current SPG award price and availability like? Is the 30k/n range a pipe dream now ? Thx
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by patrickf3
what is the current SPG award price and availability like? Is the 30k/n range a pipe dream now ? Thx
last i checked it was 90k a night for garden villa and 120k a night for overwater villa.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:51 am

Here now. The Bentley is in limited use but should have it upon my request.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Ants1
What's the total tax/service fee percentage again for each resort product?
10% service charge + 12% Tourism Tax (government levied). The 12% Tourism Tax is added on top of the base cost+service charge so the total tax is 23.2%, not 22% as one would think.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by huynhc
last i checked it was 90k a night for garden villa and 120k a night for overwater villa.
Seems a little strange when a BV is considered an upgrade over an OWV. Wonder if this is a strategy by the resort to free up OWVs?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:07 pm

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:09 pm

Decent Internet speed

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:50 pm

Nice pics. I like the sun chairs and umbrellas. I don't know about what everybody else thinks but I can't help feeling like I'm looking at Over Water Warehouses rather than Over Water accommodations. Ugh.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Nice pics. I like the sun chairs and umbrellas. I don't know about what everybody else thinks but I can't help feeling like I'm looking at Over Water Warehouses rather than Over Water accommodations. Ugh.
Quite honestly, I can't get the Pokemon character Kabuto out of my head.

Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.