Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
The clear glass door to the toilet is a little weird. But otherwise the room is gorgeous inside (and certainly weird/modern looking outside!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:24 am

Pretty nice looking OWW on the inside if I do say so myself!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
The clear glass door to the toilet is a little weird. But otherwise the room is gorgeous inside (and certainly weird/modern looking outside!
Yeah in my review I mentioned it.

I hate to be the party pooper... but could you resize your photos down a bit, or just link them instead? My phone is going absolutely bonkers trying to format the screen...
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:30 am

From the patio at sunset (JJ Astor suite in background)

Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yeah in my review I mentioned it.

I hate to be the party pooper... but could you resize your photos down a bit, or just link them instead? My phone is going absolutely bonkers trying to format the screen...
Would that I could - doesn't seem doable on mobile very easily I'm afraid. Perhaps a moderator wants to do it?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Quite honestly, I can't get the Pokemon character Kabuto out of my head.

Newsflash!!

Nintendo divests into Maldives luxury resorts.....
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:21 am

Sitting in the MLE business class lounge, super sad that I have to leave the best resort I have ever stayed at. The level of service was insane. Our butler Ismail was amazing and helped us in so many ways. When we landed he had a personal itinerary ready for us with reservations and activities based on our interests and email replies. This wasn't rigid and we changed at least half of the plan, but it was really nice to have a guide and have dinner plans in stone. The staff was so helpful the entire time all the way to the return home where they literally carried your bags through security scanning and stayed with you all the way until you are finished flight check-in. The staff became like family. All just terrific beyond words.

The rooms and location are superb, but it was the staff and then the FOOD which really stood out. The Decanter Wine dinner seemed overpriced, but it was on par if not better than any 2-3 star Michelin meal I've ever had and it was WAY more fun. It was basically a party where we tried amazing wines and had great food for five hours with the wine director and chef.

The bfast buffet tops any I've had including the top ones in Vegas. Cargo was so so good, and a fun respite in the jungle. Orientale was awesome and the chefs made us some twists on their Indian favorites and even gave us a personal champagne sabering at the table.

I'm usually ready to return home and get back to my normal routine after a while, but I really really wish I could stay forever.

It's a 36 hour journey home but I am already plotting my return within the next year.

I will post a longer review on TripAdvisor this week.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:45 am

Just want to confirm -- Plats get free breakfast here? Any details on the offering?

ETA: I see wiki says "Breakfast is provided in Alba Restaurant"

Is it carte blanche?

Last edited by thexfactor; Jan 10, 2017 at 9:11 am
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:22 am

Yes, bfast is free and is amazing. You can order unlimited from the a la carte, as well as the buffet. The indian food at the buffet is amazing, as are the breads and cheeses. Bottomless prosecco/mimosas, bloody marys, fresh squeezed juices, and coffee/cappuccino/tea as well.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:17 am

I just posted a review of my trip on TripAdvisor. Overall - it was just outstanding. Best resort I've ever been to. Don't go there if the prices scare you - everything is expensive, but it's worth it. I don't think people who worry about a $10 coke will have fun there. Service level reminded me of the Branson Lodge in Verbier.
Feel free to PM if you have any questions!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:56 am

Bobbysteel thanks for the great photos. Looks like you had one of the north facing Villas. Did it feel more private on that side? Did the deck get sun?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
The clear glass door to the toilet is a little weird.
This is weirder still

Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by thexfactor
Just want to confirm -- Plats get free breakfast here? Any details on the offering?

ETA: I see wiki says "Breakfast is provided in Alba Restaurant"

Is it carte blanche?
Stay tuned for my full review... but yes. Carte blanche.

[edit] Here is the review of the breakfast offering. I just realised I posted it upthread, but anyway.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AEygI9wji2...SykKmJ1Byza5Q/

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Jan 10, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by beastieb
Bobbysteel thanks for the great photos. Looks like you had one of the north facing Villas. Did it feel more private on that side? Did the deck get sun?
the pool does not get sun at all so it's a bit chilly. The outer half of the deck gets 8+ hours of sun. It's very private. The trade off is privacy vs pool temp. I'm actually going to try the pool later at a sunset suite to compare.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:20 pm

Wow, what a spread! We're looking forward to our trip next month. Do they offer tuna curry? It's really delicious if done well but I didn't see that offered. Do they have nespresso in the rooms? What a wonderful property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.