Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:58 pm

Most of those sights are easily accessible from any of the hotels on your list, provided you’re prepared to use the Metro ( and that’s easy for anyone who can read a map) and walk a bit. You could potentially add Le Meridien Etoile or AC Porte Maillot if your looking to stretch the points a bit further ( although they are a bit more distant). The best value would be to spend 5 nights in Paris ( 5th night free) to cover your wish list
Originally Posted by eventualpilot
My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to Paris in May for 4 days. I have enough Bonvoy points to cover 3 nights at the below properties. We’ve never been to Paris before. Which property would be the best choice?

We don't have any plans yet. I would guess that we'll visit the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Catacombs, Air and Space Musuem at Le Bourget, Lourve or d'Orsay, walk along the Seine and Champs-Elysees, and perhaps Sainte-Chapelle Luxembourg Gardens, and the Orangerie museum. Don't know if thats reasonable to do in three full days and part of a fourth.

As far a hotel, don't have any specific requirements in terms of amenities. Good breakfast would be a plus. In an area with good restaurants/bars. Safe area that isn't too hectic/loud at night.

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomph
Renaissance Paris Republique
Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero
Hotel Banke Opera
Marriott Opera Ambassador
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:23 pm

Was not aware of the 5th night free when I booked the airline tickets, so unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of the promotion.

Originally Posted by paolo64
Most of those sights are easily accessible from any of the hotels on your list, provided you’re prepared to use the Metro ( and that’s easy for anyone who can read a map) and walk a bit. You could potentially add Le Meridien Etoile or AC Porte Maillot if your looking to stretch the points a bit further ( although they are a bit more distant). The best value would be to spend 5 nights in Paris ( 5th night free) to cover your wish list
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any comment about Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero? I got very attractive rate there during French Open.

Location is not problem to me (quite familiar with the city, been there many times). just want to know about room, service, elite recognition, breakfast, etc. (don't care about lounge at all)

never stayed at any marriott-branded hotels in Paris before so need to know what to expect.

(W Opera, Westin Vendome, Le Metropolitan, Le Dokhan's, Prince De Galles are hotels i used to stay.)
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any comment about Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero? I got very attractive rate there during French Open.

Location is not problem to me (quite familiar with the city, been there many times). just want to know about room, service, elite recognition, breakfast, etc. (don't care about lounge at all)

never stayed at any marriott-branded hotels in Paris before so need to know what to expect.

(W Opera, Westin Vendome, Le Metropolitan, Le Dokhan's, Prince De Galles are hotels i used to stay.)
We stayed there for 3 nights in 2012. It was a delightful hotel in a great Arrnd. Breakfast each morning in the garden was a perfect start to our days.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:46 am

FYI. Rive Guache Hotel is closed unitl 2024! (And of course in typical fashion they don't bother to rebook you just tell you "sorry you are out of luck with that reservation" . Not a huge issue since I doubt the trip will happen either way) Of course they cancelled my reservation, but the points are not back in my account. Guesss i get to spend time on the phone with getting points and "suite awards" re-established!

We would like to share with you an important information regarding the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.

Given the economic situation due to Covid-19 and the necessity to undertake significant renovations to better meet our customer expectations, the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel will remain closed to the public until beginning of 2024.

Consequently, we will not be able to honor your reservation and to host any event in our Hotel before this date.

We sincerely regret this situation and apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Yeah, we just cancelled an award stay at Vendome, but did get points and Suite Nights back. So much for April in Paris.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Yeah, we just cancelled an award stay at Vendome, but did get points and Suite Nights back. So much for April in Paris.

You are doing better than me. The hotel cancelled the reservation and I didn't get back either the Suite Nights or the points... Guess I get to call and deal with this!
Old May 10, 2021, 1:22 pm

Paris options, Courtyard Gare Lyon, Le Mereidian

Since my standby (Rive Guache ) is not an option. I am looking for a 5 night stay. Both of these are affordable on points. I have stayed at Le Meredian but that was years ago. I don't recall having any real issues Don't know much about the Courtyard.

I'd like to keep this under 200K in points so my options are more limited.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; May 11, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Old May 10, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Since my standby (Rive Guache ) I am looking for a 5 night stay. Both of these are affordable on points. I have stayed at Le Meredian but that was years ago. I don't recall having any real issues Don't know much about the Courtyard.

I'd like to keep this under 200K in points so my options are more limited.

Thanks for any suggestions.
my go-to has always been RG as well, but have also stayed at Courtyard Boulogne, which I know is a bit of the opposite side of Paris than Gare, but if you like rooftops, Boulogne has a great one and my room was massive with an upgrade.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by CALMSP
my go-to has always been RG as well, but have also stayed at Courtyard Boulogne, which I know is a bit of the opposite side of Paris than Gare, but if you like rooftops, Boulogne has a great one and my room was massive with an upgrade.
Thanks! I will look at it.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:51 am

We have a one night stay in Paris (staying in other hotels for the other nights) that we'd like to use a SNA on as Platinum members. Being centrally located is a plus, but we really are looking for the best hotel experience: prefer Executive lounge, good free breakfast and a likelihood of getting a really nice room with the SNA. The only properties available for our 50k Ritz free night are Renaissance Republique, Marriott Opera Ambassador, Renaissance Paris Noble Eiffel, and Le Meridien. Which one would you go with?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by googs185
We have a one night stay in Paris (staying in other hotels for the other nights) that we'd like to use a SNA on as Platinum members. Being centrally located is a plus, but we really are looking for the best hotel experience: prefer Executive lounge, good free breakfast and a likelihood of getting a really nice room with the SNA. The only properties available for our 50k Ritz free night are Renaissance Republique, Marriott Opera Ambassador, Renaissance Paris Noble Eiffel, and Le Meridien. Which one would you go with?
Renaissance Republique is definitely the best properties of all these, by far. Renaissance Paris Tour Eiffel would be second.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by olivedel
Renaissance Republique is definitely the best properties of all these, by far. Renaissance Paris Tour Eiffel would be second.
Not disputing the overall conclusion, but the SNA "suite" (really just a larger room) at Republique is not that great.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:46 pm

Hey all,
I'm going to be in Paris as a party of 4 with 1 child. Looking to see which properties would be able to fit us into one room (preferably separated bedrooms). Was looking at the Renaissance vendrome but was told their family suite isn't part of their SNA...which is a shame cause that would be perfect. Any advice?
I am a Marriott platinum sitting on some points and have a SNA to burn. This will be in November.

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by bcw604
Any advice?
If you want 2 bedrooms you probably need to book 2 rooms, the option to upgrade using SNA's with any certainty to anything big enough will likely not work. Then if the SNA's clear and you have more space in one of the rooms thats just gravy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.