Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How far is the train ride to central Paris?
I would say about a 5 min walk to the train and the about 25-30 min into central paris
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
courtyard gare de lyon paris???

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon opening October 2018. Cat 5.

"The varied neighborhood with artists, ateliers and charming streets captures Paris as it is today in its urban environment with buzzling atmosphere. The 249 bedrooms retain the Parisian industrial inspiration but are toned down as the artwork will quite simply be the breathtaking panoramic view of all landmarks of Paris. From the guest rooms, a stunning and unique view over the city showcase the most iconic buildings: the Eiffel tower, Notre dame, the Sacré-Coeur and la Defense."

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-gare-de-lyon/
According to this the hotel isn't open yet, but there are MULTIPLE reviews on expedia!!!! (but none I can find on tripadvisor or the marriott website itself). Is this hotel open yet?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I'm going to Paris for a week in December by myself and the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel is the closest property to where I'll be spending most of my time working. Because of that, I went ahead and booked a refundable reservation there, but are there any other properties that are enough nicer that make it worth traveling the extra distance?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by 7Lowe
I'm going to Paris for a week in December by myself and the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel is the closest property to where I'll be spending most of my time working. Because of that, I went ahead and booked a refundable reservation there, but are there any other properties that are enough nicer that make it worth traveling the extra distance?
Depends on your budget. The Prince de Galles is a significantly better hotel. I also like SPG's slightly cheaper more unique hotels over the Marriott (e.g. Les Bains), but they are potentially less designed for a work trip.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Depends on your budget. The Prince de Galles is a significantly better hotel. I also like SPG's slightly cheaper more unique hotels over the Marriott (e.g. Les Bains), but they are potentially less designed for a work trip.
Good point. I'm looking for about 350Euro/night so the Prince de Galles is a little out of the price range.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Good point. I'm looking for about 350Euro/night so the Prince de Galles is a little out of the price range.
What do you want in a hotel? And what do you want to do outside of work?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:26 am

I'm actually not big on going out to eat much when traveling alone. So, I guess my biggest wants would be a nice lounge and good breakfast so I can do most of my eating there at the hotel.

I've been to Paris before, so I've done most of the tourist stuff already. I will probably just walk around and explore when I'm off work.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I'm actually not big on going out to eat much when traveling alone. So, I guess my biggest wants would be a nice lounge and good breakfast so I can do most of my eating there at the hotel.

I've been to Paris before, so I've done most of the tourist stuff already. I will probably just walk around and explore when I'm off work.
If you don't have to stay at a hotel with a lounge then I strongly recommend the Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you don't have to stay at a hotel with a lounge then I strongly recommend the Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel.
Which would you take between Republique at 35k plus 90 euro for the Artist's Studio or 60k for Prince de Galles? I know Paris pretty well and am familiar with the different locations (and am not really a 1st/8th kind of person). Just interested in an overall reaction.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

If you want a decent lounge ... check out the Rive Gauche. Often one of the cheapest hotels and IMO a nice lounge. Also close to RER which can be helpful.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
Which would you take between Republique at 35k plus 90 euro for the Artist's Studio or 60k for Prince de Galles? I know Paris pretty well and am familiar with the different locations (and am not really a 1st/8th kind of person). Just interested in an overall reaction.
You should email the Renaissance Republique to see if they can pre-upgrade you without a surcharge. Here is the front desk manager's email address:Room Division Manager Renaissance Paris Republique <[email protected]>
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by cfischer
If you want a decent lounge ... check out the Rive Gauche. Often one of the cheapest hotels and IMO a nice lounge. Also close to RER which can be helpful.
Wow, classic example of YMMV...I was about to post that if you're interested in a good lounge to avoid the Rive Gauche. On a stay last week, they had the EXACT same dinner items two nights in a row (and based on a colleague's description, I believe three nights in a row) and the offering wasn't very good. Food was not replenished ~60 mins before the end of evening hors d'oeuvres and there was no dessert to speak of. At least some of the lounge attendants were very strictly enforcing the "consume your food and drink here in the lounge" and preventing guests from leaving with even half consumed bottles of water.

Other than the lounge, the property was OK...I did get significantly hassled about late checkout, but ultimately they relented. Whatever they call their "junior suite" (paid for, not an upgrade) was only OK, and the main room had horribly inadequate lighting (can lighting on one far side of the room, leaving it too dark to read on the couch).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Problem with "Artist's Studio" room is the great variance in room size. According to the Marriott website, the space varies from a very small 237 sq ft to a perfectly fine 301 sq ft. The 237 not so good for a couple.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Basis of strong recommendation? Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ohmark
Problem with "Artist's Studio" room is the great variance in room size. According to the Marriott website, the space varies from a very small 237 sq ft to a perfectly fine 301 sq ft. The 237 not so good for a couple.
Is your comment based on personal experience or what you read on the website?

European properties don't always measure their rooms using the same standards as US properties. They tend to be considerably more conservative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.