Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You are being unreasonable, in my opinion. Absent paying for an upgrade or using suite night award certificates, I doubt you will get a complimentary suite upgrade in July at any central Paris hotel. But again, I would proactively reach out to several hotels to see if you can confirm an upgrade pre-arrival.
Asking a question="being unreasonable?" Never mentioned the word "suite."

Simply concerned about being assigned a tiny room, insufficient for two guests. Ren Vendome requires (a triple upgrade to a reasonably-sized non-suite) at 50,000 points per day (reasonable in context) plus 510 Euros per day (unreasonable, even in context). Ren Republique for an Artist Suite (doesn't appear to be a suite by any common definition) requires 35,000 points per day (reasonable) plus 270 Euros per day, BUT the website says the room is 237 sq ft (too small) to 301 sq ft (fine). The Westin Vendome, for awards, only offers a "superior," which requires 60,000 points per day, with no option to supplement with cash for an upgrade. The superior room is listed as 194 sq ft (unacceptable for two) to 269 sq ft. Thus, my question as to upgrades at the Westin, even in July.

At any of the three properties, it appears possible that even as a pp, a tiny to small room could be assigned, inadequate for more than a single person. Because of the variances in size noted on the website even within the same category, it appears risky to book as set forth above, at all three properties. Especially compared to the Ren ADT, where even the smallest room is listed at over 320 sq ft. Have reserved the ADT, but looking for interesting alternatives.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 5, 2018 at 9:34 am
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Since you've never stayed in either property, you're just speculating about actual room size. Please don't present that as fact.
And if you want a suite, book a suite. That's what many of us do.
Stunningly rude comment, based on absolutely nothing I wrote. Cited the Marriott website for room square footage. Didn't inquire about suite upgrades.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
i stayed at the Opera in July. Good location (neighborhood behind it is quiet with small restaurants and wine bars). Breakfast is very good in the restaurant. Lounge is so-so as it looks like a quaint Parisian attic on the website, but in reality it is somewhat cramped and overloaded with American business people scarfing down food and off label booze

if it fits your price range, I would stay there again
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Which would you take between Republique at 35k plus 90 euro for the Artist's Studio or 60k for Prince de Galles? I know Paris pretty well and am familiar with the different locations (and am not really a 1st/8th kind of person). Just interested in an overall reaction.
Personally I would go with PdG, especially with the current discounted 60K point. I have stayed there twice before renovations, so that's been years, and enjoyed suite upgrades as SPG Plat. SPG Cat 7 at 30K SPG points was just too expensive in recent years. Ren Republique will always be there at that rate, but PdG will go up in points to 85K when the new categories go into effect.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by CIT85; Oct 5, 2018 at 10:32 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:40 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Paris - Which Starriott property?

Spending the night and I am thinking award redemption because most of the hotels are 300 EUR+ (except LM which is 150 EUR). PDG, Westin and W all have the same award pricing. LM a little less. I have seen mixed reviews about all of them. The last time I was in Paris was almost 17 years ago. Then, I stayed at the Hilton Paris. Thoughts?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
always stay at prince de galle
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by uxb
Spending the night and I am thinking award redemption because most of the hotels are 300 EUR+ (except LM which is 150 EUR). PDG, Westin and W all have the same award pricing. LM a little less. I have seen mixed reviews about all of them. The last time I was in Paris was almost 17 years ago. Then, I stayed at the Hilton Paris. Thoughts?
This entire thread is devoted to these sorts of questions. Literally scroll back a page or two. The exact same question is asked every couple of weeks. As some many others have responded, the answer depends on what you want to do, where you want to stay (if you have a preference for a certain part of Paris) and, of course, when you want to go -- presuming you're also hoping to get an upgrade of some kind.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uxb
Only one of your options will be a lot more points once you book it after the New Year...figure that out and stay there
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:02 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Only one of your options will be a lot more points once you book it after the New Year...figure that out and stay there
I know that PDG will be more. I'm not hung up on being in a particular part of Paris over another. A view is nice. I only have two days there. I just want to go to a place where I won't be disappointed.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:37 am
uxb

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
This entire thread is devoted to these sorts of questions. Literally scroll back a page or two. The exact same question is asked every couple of weeks. As some many others have responded, the answer depends on what you want to do, where you want to stay (if you have a preference for a certain part of Paris) and, of course, when you want to go -- presuming you're also hoping to get an upgrade of some kind.
I wish I could say scrolling up a page or two was helpful, but it wasn't even after reading 10 pages back. Mods, can you please un-merge my post?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by uxb
I just want to go to a place where I won't be disappointed.
Renaissance Paris Republique is my go-to hotel. Le Dokhan's, Tribute Portfolio has gotten good reviews. I've also read good things about the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone tried the Hotel de Berri yet? It looks to compete with PdG but haven’t seen much on it. TripAdvisor is very positive but I typically do not trust TA and it looks like it’s flooded with questionable (aka: fake) reviews.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Looking to book the Renaissance Paris Republique. We stayed in that area on our last trip at an airbnb and really enjoyed the neighborhood. Reading this thread it looks like many on FT enjoy this property. We typically use Hilton more, so please let me know if this is possible with Marriott. We want to book a corporate rate (husband's employer) but put the room reservation in my name due to my status. Is that allowed? With Hilton, (if they even ask for Corp ID/business card), it was no problem because I listed him on the reservation. I'm not as familiar with Marriott so I don't know if we should just forgo the elite benefits (I am only Gold via Ritz Card) and book in his name. The corporate rate is €100+ cheaper a night.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by airb330
Looking to book the Renaissance Paris Republique. We stayed in that area on our last trip at an airbnb and really enjoyed the neighborhood. Reading this thread it looks like many on FT enjoy this property. We typically use Hilton more, so please let me know if this is possible with Marriott. We want to book a corporate rate (husband's employer) but put the room reservation in my name due to my status. Is that allowed? With Hilton, (if they even ask for Corp ID/business card), it was no problem because I listed him on the reservation. I'm not as familiar with Marriott so I don't know if we should just forgo the elite benefits (I am only Gold via Ritz Card) and book in his name. The corporate rate is €100+ cheaper a night.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Should not be a problem as long as the corp contract allows personal use and your husband is present. They may ask for an ID, but if you book for 2 guests and I has the correct company ID ... that's not a problem.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
Should not be a problem as long as the corp contract allows personal use and your husband is present. They may ask for an ID, but if you book for 2 guests and I has the correct company ID ... that's not a problem.
OK great; that is how it always worked with Hilton. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.