Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by jer3
I would highly recommend proactively chatting with them on the app once you can. I had them note my request for the Duplex Suite 72 hours prior. About 24 priors prior, I saw the upgrade appear when checking my reservation. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Did you wait until 72 hours before you reservation to chat, or did you chat as soon as you made the reservation?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by upsidedown
Thanks for the info. Did you wait until 72 hours before you reservation to chat, or did you chat as soon as you made the reservation?
I just waited until 72 hours before arrival to chat using the app. The staff was very responsive.

​​
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Hi everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your holidays wherever you are.

May I get suggestions on a Marriott property that has Eiffel Tower views? The GF and I want to go on a trip next year and will start looking for accommodations.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by flipstah

May I get suggestions on a Marriott property that has Eiffel Tower views? The GF and I want to go on a trip next year and will start looking for accommodations.
Super interested in the answer to this question as well. Helping close friends plan their honeymoon!
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG

We’ve stayed at La Metropolitan, a few posts above is a pic from our room in early Nov..SNA accepted for on of the Eiffel view suites. it’s a very small hotel 38 rooms I believe, there ares a set of I think 4 Eiffel view suits, with one being call the Eiffel suite on the top floor with an oval window facing the Eiffel.ours on the 3rd floor had glass french doors. The picture above is from the sitting area but there was a view from the bed also. It’s just be block from Trocadero so using the subway is easy. It’s also in an upscale more residential neighborhood. Very comfortable modern suite. If you don’t mind a smaller hotel with a convenient but slightly out of the middle of thing I can highly recommend it. We’re definitely staying there again next time.
flipstah likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by Ripley62
We’ve stayed at La Metropolitan, a few posts above is a pic from our room in early Nov..SNA accepted for on of the Eiffel view suites. it’s a very small hotel 38 rooms I believe, there ares a set of I think 4 Eiffel view suits, with one being call the Eiffel suite on the top floor with an oval window facing the Eiffel.ours on the 3rd floor had glass french doors. The picture above is from the sitting area but there was a view from the bed also. It’s just be block from Trocadero so using the subway is easy. It’s also in an upscale more residential neighborhood. Very comfortable modern suite. If you don’t mind a smaller hotel with a convenient but slightly out of the middle of thing I can highly recommend it. We’re definitely staying there again next time.
thanks for this! I’ll take a look and report back to the GF
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC
Just wanted to give a shout out to the wonderful Head Concierge, Marie-Paule PICASSE, at Renaissance Paris Vendôme. I originally had a stay booked with them for beginning of Feb and had requested a restaurant reservation, but unfortunately had to cancel the trip. A week or so ago decided to rebook Paris for the summer and booked the same hotel again. Marie-Paule noticed that I booked a reservation with them again and proactively booked the same restaurant again for me without me reaching out. Obviously I'm still quite far away from the trip so I don't know what my plans are yet (or whether I can even still go) but the thoughtfulness really came through. Really looking forward to my stay with them if I can hopefully actually get there this time.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by kiokujai
Just wanted to give a shout out to the wonderful Head Concierge, Marie-Paule PICASSE, at Renaissance Paris Vendôme. I originally had a stay booked with them for beginning of Feb and had requested a restaurant reservation, but unfortunately had to cancel the trip. A week or so ago decided to rebook Paris for the summer and booked the same hotel again. Marie-Paule noticed that I booked a reservation with them again and proactively booked the same restaurant again for me without me reaching out. Obviously I'm still quite far away from the trip so I don't know what my plans are yet (or whether I can even still go) but the thoughtfulness really came through. Really looking forward to my stay with them if I can hopefully actually get there this time.
Let us know how it goes!
I am currently debating between the Renaissance Paris Republique, Renaissance Vendome, or the Westin Vendome - would love to hear your thoughts!
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Found all the staff at Republique quite helpful when I was there as well.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:10 pm

Looks like Westin Paris is up for sale. I think someone mentioned looking for Eiffel views. Stayed there past summer with that view. It was unforgettable. Though the hotel is indeed a bit battered and old.

€800mn Westin Paris sale tests the market for high-end hotels
https://www.ft.com/content/619d9a88-...4-2865d60dec8b
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Renaisance Vendrome or Westin? They're both about the same price. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks gang
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:12 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver

Yes the Metropolitan has nice views of the Tower from their angle suites "Eiffel View Suites". I stayed there when it was still SPG. Booked a Deluxe and got upgraded as a Plat to that suite.

Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Found all the staff at Republique quite helpful when I was there as well.
Same here. Had a stay back in 2019. Staff was extremely helpful with multiple requests. Had a weird situation with the TV in our room (a mechanical function) and the manager went above and beyond trying to fix the issue. (We were trying to watch the French Open!). I also had an early morning departure, while my wife was staying a few hours later (I was going home, she was on a work trip); they made me a breakfast to-go box, while making sure my wife still had full breakfast access. Highly recommended if you need to be in the area; proximity to Metro as well as Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord is great.
ysolde and mildfrequence like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My wife and I will be in Paris for at least one night in May, before heading to Normandy for a friends wedding, and will be bringing our infant daughter (9-months old in May). Staying close to Saint-Lazare is important, as we'll be taking the train to Bayeux. Thinking about Marriott Opera, since it's so close, or the Renaissance Vendome, since it's available for 60k points. A few questions:
  • any thoughts on upgrade availability using SNA's at either property? I have plenty to use.
  • any parents have experience at either property with young kids? Any other property that you'd recommend instead?
  • I do have Titanium status, so wondering if Elite treatment might make a difference. (Breakfast seems to be excellent at the Renaissance)
Thanks for any tips and insights!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Anyone stay at the new Courtyard or Residence Inn at CDG? According to the web site, they do not offer transportation to the actual airport. And it would seem that taxis are not easily available and it is not an easy walk to terminal 2E.
So, not sure if this would be convenient to stay here to save time/money getting to the airport in the morning.
Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.