Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ExArkie
Rive Gauche is currently closed. Web site has an "Alert" box that says, "The hotel is currently closed. For assistance with reservations, please contact us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

"Check Availability" shows no rooms available for check-in out to the end of the calendar (May 2023).
When they cancelled my reservation in 2020 they said it was undergoing extensive renovations and will reopen in 2024.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
When they cancelled my reservation in 2020 they said it was undergoing extensive renovations and will reopen in 2024.
Hopefully, this will be worth it. I can't wait until the hotel is reopened in 2024!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:44 am

Hi all - my wife and I will be traveling to Paris in December for 6 days, and we're looking at several hotel options to be booked on points with SNAs applied. I am ambassador and have quite a stash of points, so looking for what will provide the best overall experience vs. best value.

Based on what we've seen:
  • Prince de Galles - Great luxury option, but far from landmarks / touristy spots, except for luxury shopping and dining
  • Renaissance Vendome - Good overall option with a great location, but smaller rooms if you don't get upgraded
  • Westin Vendome - Similar to Ren Vendome, but recent reports seems to indicate that it's going downhill and is quite dated
  • Renaissance Republique - Good hotel, but further from the "tourist" spots as it's in a more residential area
Are these initial observations accurate, and if we're looking for good location, luxury accommodations, and good service (e.g., breakfast), is there another property we should be looking at? Otherwise we're leaning towards Ren Vendome, hoping to get an upgrade to a larger room. Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xyicah
Hi all - my wife and I will be traveling to Paris in December for 6 days, and we're looking at several hotel options to be booked on points with SNAs applied. I am ambassador and have quite a stash of points, so looking for what will provide the best overall experience vs. best value.

• Prince de Galles - Great luxury option, but far from landmarks / touristy spots, except for luxury shopping and dining
  • Renaissance Vendome - Good overall option with a great location, but smaller rooms if you don't get upgraded
  • Westin Vendome - Similar to Ren Vendome, but recent reports seems to indicate that it's going downhill and is quite dated
  • Renaissance Republique - Good hotel, but further from the "tourist" spots as it's in a more residential area
Are these initial observations accurate, and if we're looking for good location, luxury accommodations, and good service (e.g., breakfast), is there another property we should be looking at? Otherwise we're leaning towards Ren Vendome, hoping to get an upgrade to a larger room. Thanks!
I guess it depends on what you describe as "tourist spots." Paris is an incredibly walkable city and the metro makes it very easy to get around. Personally I'd probably be less focused on how close a property is to the Louvre and more focused on property quality and what the neighborhood is like.

If you can swing it, PdG is head and shoulders above the others you list (and one of the relatively small number of properties that remains generous with SNA suite allocations). The location (8th Arrondissement) is plenty central, though it's not my favorite in terms of atmosphere.
geo1005 and xyicah like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

If I may add some comments:
  • "Prince de Galles - Great luxury option, but far from landmarks" >>> Close to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees.
  • "Renaissance Vendome - Good overall option with a great location, but smaller rooms if you don't get upgraded" >>> My experience is: very small rooms that can be noisy if above the entrance or because of the nearby construction. No views. Some breakfast waiters can be weird. No good "elite" recognition. Not the best managed hotel. As a positive note: the hotel has some stylish elements.
  • "Westin Vendome - Similar to Ren Vendome, but recent reports seems to indicate that it's going downhill and is quite dated" >>> Yes, the hotel needs a major renovation, there is a staff shortage, the room cleaning is sub-contracted, there is no more concierge, but if you are lucky enough to get a suite with a view on the Jardin des Tuileries (and a bunch of the monuments of the city), your stay will be an incredible experience.
xyicah likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I guess it depends on what you describe as "tourist spots." Paris is an incredibly walkable city and the metro makes it very easy to get around. Personally I'd probably be less focused on how close a property is to the Louvre and more focused on property quality and what the neighborhood is like.

If you can swing it, PdG is head and shoulders above the others you list (and one of the relatively small number of properties that remains generous with SNA suite allocations). The location (8th Arrondissement) is plenty central, though it's not my favorite in terms of atmosphere.
Originally Posted by UASPG
If I may add some comments:
  • "Prince de Galles - Great luxury option, but far from landmarks" >>> Close to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees.
  • "Renaissance Vendome - Good overall option with a great location, but smaller rooms if you don't get upgraded" >>> My experience is: very small rooms that can be noisy if above the entrance or because of the nearby construction. No views. Some breakfast waiters can be weird. No good "elite" recognition. Not the best managed hotel. As a positive note: the hotel has some stylish elements.
  • "Westin Vendome - Similar to Ren Vendome, but recent reports seems to indicate that it's going downhill and is quite dated" >>> Yes, the hotel needs a major renovation, there is a staff shortage, the room cleaning is sub-contracted, there is no more concierge, but if you are lucky enough to get a suite with a view on the Jardin des Tuileries (and a bunch of the monuments of the city), your stay will be an incredible experience.
Thank you for the notes! Are there any other properties that would be on the same level as PdG within Marriott? Hotel de Berri seems to be more of a boutique feel, but trying to see if I'm missing any spectacular option I should be looking at.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Thank you for the notes! Are there any other properties that would be on the same level as PdG within Marriott? Hotel de Berri seems to be more of a boutique feel, but trying to see if I'm missing any spectacular option I should be looking at.
One on my To Try List is the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe, Avenue Wagram, in the 17th arrondissement, a less touristic area, near Place des Ternes and its flower market and many shops Avenue des Ternes and Faubourg St Honore.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...otel/overview/

I would guess that the Bvlgari hotel is in the same range as the Prince de Galles - it is also in the same general area, Avenue George V, in the 8th arrondissement..

https://www.bulgarihotels.com/en_US/paris
xyicah likes this.

Last edited by UASPG; Aug 1, 2022 at 1:13 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
One on my To Try List is the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe, Avenue Wagram, in the 17th arrondissement, a less touristic area, near Place des Ternes and its flower market and many shops Avenue des Ternes and Faubourg St Honore.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...otel/overview/

I would guess that the Bvlgari hotel is in the same range as the Prince de Galles - it is also in the same general area Avenue George V, in the 8th arrondissement..

https://www.bulgarihotels.com/en_US/paris
I think the Bvlgari hotel doesn't accept points and is at 1600+ EUR / night which is a bit outside of my price range, but it does look awesome! Will have to look at the Ren Arc de Triomphe.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:16 pm
bcx

Recommendation with kid

I'm looking for some recommendations for 5 nights in May. It'll be the wife's first time in Paris and we have a 7 year old. We will take a day to Disney so being close to lines 9 or 11 would be helpful. We are also coming in from Gare de Lyon so line 1 would be good too. We probably won't be going to any museums with the kid, so mostly interested in sights, restaurants, and an area that is kid-friendly.

I'm only gold elite so I don't expect upgrades or breakfast. Are HdB or PdG worth the points over the Renaissances? From the thread it looks like the recs are among those, and Dokhan, and the Vendome properties. But I don't know which are more suitable for our trip in particular. Bonus for clean/new.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Sorry
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bcx
I'm looking for some recommendations for 5 nights in May. It'll be the wife's first time in Paris and we have a 7 year old. We will take a day to Disney so being close to lines 9 or 11 would be helpful. We are also coming in from Gare de Lyon so line 1 would be good too. We probably won't be going to any museums with the kid, so mostly interested in sights, restaurants, and an area that is kid-friendly.

I'm only gold elite so I don't expect upgrades or breakfast. Are HdB or PdG worth the points over the Renaissances? From the thread it looks like the recs are among those, and Dokhan, and the Vendome properties. But I don't know which are more suitable for our trip in particular. Bonus for clean/new.
The Vendome properties are great for adults interested in Adult activities like shopping for luxury goods and the Louvre. The Mrs & I wouldn't be keen to stay with our kids there due to lack of children's activities.

I stayed at the Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon this past July and really enjoyed it. It was very new, very clean, friendly service, and the breakfast buffet was excellent. I had arrived late night at the Gare de Lyon so it worked super well from that perspective. This is also convenient to get out to Disneyland on RER-A. "La Ménagerie" (the zoo) is just across the bridge from the hotel. Otherwise I cannot comment on any other child friendly activities nearby.

I have not tried HdB nor PdG before.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by sau54
Is Rive Gauche closed at the moment?

Anyways, I just came back from Paris and wow, I can't emphasize how important it is to be close to a subway station, preferably to the RER B line. The reason why I say that and I think a lot of you guys know is that it's not easy to navigate the subway system with luggage. Most stations only have stairs. The less transfers the better. I had a great time at the Hyatt Paris Etoile, but if I were to do it again, I probably would either take a taxi or a bus to CDG. I didn't do enough research before hand so I took the subway back to CDG and it was an utter nightmare with my 40lbs suitcase. I was covered in sweat by the time I arrived at CDG. I just so happened to have left Paris just as the temperature started to soar. So just to reconfirm with you guys, is the Ren Vendome and Ren La Defense, and the Paris Rive Gauche the most convenient Marriott options to reach CDG? I'm assuming these three hotels are near the RER B line?
None of those 3 are 'close' or relatively more convenient from CDG... if the 'luggage' is a carry/on and a laptop, it may be fine... otherwise, unless the day or time of travel is really REALLY off peak, a cab is better for heavier luggage...
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bcx

While I don’t have a hotel recommendation for you, I would recommend https://arts-forains.com/en. Fun for kids of all ages.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Skytizen
None of those 3 are 'close' or relatively more convenient from CDG... if the 'luggage' is a carry/on and a laptop, it may be fine... otherwise, unless the day or time of travel is really REALLY off peak, a cab is better for heavier luggage...
Yep. Even when I was a much more budget-focused traveler, I took a cab from CDG. Just not interest in navigating the metro with luggage.
UASPG likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by michelin
While I don’t have a hotel recommendation for you, I would recommend https://arts-forains.com/en. Fun for kids of all ages.
Probably more enjoyable than the fete foraine that stands across the Westin Vendome in July & August, in the Jardin des Tuileries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.