FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:56 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xyicah
Hi all - my wife and I will be traveling to Paris in December for 6 days, and we're looking at several hotel options to be booked on points with SNAs applied. I am ambassador and have quite a stash of points, so looking for what will provide the best overall experience vs. best value.

Based on what we've seen:
  • Prince de Galles - Great luxury option, but far from landmarks / touristy spots, except for luxury shopping and dining
  • Renaissance Vendome - Good overall option with a great location, but smaller rooms if you don't get upgraded
  • Westin Vendome - Similar to Ren Vendome, but recent reports seems to indicate that it's going downhill and is quite dated
  • Renaissance Republique - Good hotel, but further from the "tourist" spots as it's in a more residential area
Are these initial observations accurate, and if we're looking for good location, luxury accommodations, and good service (e.g., breakfast), is there another property we should be looking at? Otherwise we're leaning towards Ren Vendome, hoping to get an upgrade to a larger room. Thanks!
I guess it depends on what you describe as "tourist spots." Paris is an incredibly walkable city and the metro makes it very easy to get around. Personally I'd probably be less focused on how close a property is to the Louvre and more focused on property quality and what the neighborhood is like.

If you can swing it, PdG is head and shoulders above the others you list (and one of the relatively small number of properties that remains generous with SNA suite allocations). The location (8th Arrondissement) is plenty central, though it's not my favorite in terms of atmosphere.