Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by bcw604
Hey all,
I'm going to be in Paris as a party of 4 with 1 child. Looking to see which properties would be able to fit us into one room (preferably separated bedrooms). Was looking at the Renaissance vendrome but was told their family suite isn't part of their SNA...which is a shame cause that would be perfect. Any advice?
I am a Marriott platinum sitting on some points and have a SNA to burn. This will be in November.

Thanks!
The Macassar Suite at the Prince de Galles fits 4 people and is eligible for SNA.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
The Macassar Suite at the Prince de Galles fits 4 people and is eligible for SNA.
Yeah that would be ideal but unfortunately the prince de galles is full for the entire duration of our trip
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:20 am

Hey all,
I'm going to be in Paris as a party of 4 with 1 child. Looking to see which properties would be able to fit us into one room (preferably separated bedrooms). Was looking at the Renaissance vendrome but was told their family suite isn't part of their SNA...which is a shame cause that would be perfect. Any advice?
I am a Marriott platinum sitting on some points and have a SNA to burn. This will be in November.

Thanks!
LeM Etoile has family suites with 2 bedrooms (not sure if this is part of SNA)

my go to property was the Renaissance La Defense. They have always upgraded me to the premier rooms which either have 1 king/sofa bed, 2 twins/sofa bed, or 2 doubles. I think the SNA can clear into their 2 double suite with sofa bed. Not exactly central Paris but right on line 1 and rooms are lot bigger than other properties (and has a lounge pre pandemic)
Happy likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by myperks
LeM Etoile has family suites with 2 bedrooms (not sure if this is part of SNA)

my go to property was the Renaissance La Defense. They have always upgraded me to the premier rooms which either have 1 king/sofa bed, 2 twins/sofa bed, or 2 doubles. I think the SNA can clear into their 2 double suite with sofa bed. Not exactly central Paris but right on line 1 and rooms are lot bigger than other properties (and has a lounge pre pandemic)
I was looking at Renaissance La Defense but the suites they list don't really make it seem like the Family suite (I'm assuming thats the 2 double suite you're referring to) has 2 rooms...but rather 1 room with 2 beds and a lounge. Can you confirm?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:37 am

I was looking at Renaissance La Defense but the suites they list don't really make it seem like the Family suite (I'm assuming thats the 2 double suite you're referring to) has 2 rooms...but rather 1 room with 2 beds and a lounge. Can you confirm?
I have personally never been in the family and lounge room but from the description it appears to be a double double connected to a lounge living area. I’ve been in a junior suite here and I don’t think you can fit two doubles in there since the one I got was at the corner triangular shaped part of the hotel.

Are you wanting to fit a party of 4 including 1 child or a party of 4 plus 1 child.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AC
Planning to be in Paris for 5 nights in Feb. First time in Paris and looking for a central location to access the major spots + shopping for the wife and good restaurants/cafes for me. Traveling with an 8 months old so easy access to subway/good walking distance to things is important. Platinum Elite with SNAs to burn.

Will probably spend one night at the PdG and then debating between Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel or Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel for the remaining nights, but up to other suggestions as well. Thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
mciampa likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:05 am

I'm looking at 5 nights with my wife, both first-timers, last week of November or first week of December. I am Platinum Elite, but no SNA to work with. I've got 300K points to my name, which is enough for everything except the two Luxury Collection hotels. Based on my research of locations, currently I'm looking at: Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, Paris Marriott Champs Elysees, Renaissance Vendome, or Westin Vendome.

Any recommendations amongst this batch in terms of quality of breakfast, room sizes, likelihood of getting a suite upgrade? Or any strong reasons/recommendations to look at other locations? Not used to having this many Marriott hotels & locations to choose from
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:33 am

I am going in November with my daughter, staying at the Meridien Etoile using 35,000 point certificates. Those certificates won’t work for the hotels you mentioned. I have stayed at the Westin Vendome previously. That is a fabulous location overlooking the Tuileries gardens, close to everything and easy to get to by RER and Metro. I wouldn’t bother with the hotel breakfast unless you are getting it for free, just go to one of the local cafes down the street. I think for booking 5 nights the fifth night is free. That doesn’t work with free night awards but it works with points and cash. Wherever you pick look at whether access from CDG is easy or complicated. For Vendome it is easy, RER B to Notre Dame/ St Michel then metro to Tuileries. I generally try to avoid changes at Chatelet/Les Halles, those stations are huge and you might have to walk a long way to change lines.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:22 am

Which Marriott in Paris do you recommend?

Hi,

I see there are several Marriott hotels in Paris. Currently a Platinum member and has a few 50K free night certificates that want to use. Which Marriott in Paris do you recommend? Besides Paris Marriott Opera, which one has club lounge and is not currently closed? Has anyone stayed at Paris Marriott Opera? How is the breakfast and lounge food?

Thanks,
Jenny
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:09 pm

yet another Paris Question. Visiting Jan 26 - 30. Want a more intimate hotel, something less generic than a franchise hotel. Marriott Plat with plenty of points.

I think we have narrowed it down to:
  • Le Dokhan,
  • Renaissance Paris Nobel.
Priorities would be on room upgrades and free breakfast. A nice lobby or sitting area is also welcome. I also have SNAs if those would help.

I would consider other hotels if something really jumps. But quality and charm over luxury is how I tend to decide. Last hotel I stayed at was Autograph Stein Platz in Berlin which was great.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by upsidedown
yet another Paris Question. Visiting Jan 26 - 30. Want a more intimate hotel, something less generic than a franchise hotel. Marriott Plat with plenty of points.

I think we have narrowed it down to:
  • Le Dokhan,
  • Renaissance Paris Nobel.
Priorities would be on room upgrades and free breakfast. A nice lobby or sitting area is also welcome. I also have SNAs if those would help.

I would consider other hotels if something really jumps. But quality and charm over luxury is how I tend to decide. Last hotel I stayed at was Autograph Stein Platz in Berlin which was great.
I really loved the Renaissance Paris Nobel. The service was absolutely amazing and it's a nice, boutique feeling property that feels more like a Autograph than a Renaissance. The lobby is nice but small and encompasses the bar. The breakfast buffet also was really nice with a good selection of hot and cold foods. I stayed during the summer and without an SNA, was able to be upgraded to a Duplex, Bi-level Suite (I think there's only 3 in the entire hotel?) as a Platinum with a early 11:00 check-in also.
Softwizard likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by jer3
I really loved the Renaissance Paris Nobel. The service was absolutely amazing and it's a nice, boutique feeling property that feels more like a Autograph than a Renaissance. The lobby is nice but small and encompasses the bar. The breakfast buffet also was really nice with a good selection of hot and cold foods. I stayed during the summer and without an SNA, was able to be upgraded to a Duplex, Bi-level Suite (I think there's only 3 in the entire hotel?) as a Platinum with a early 11:00 check-in also.
Thanks for the great response. I have decided to save my SNAs and hope for a Plat upgrade.
jer3 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I also enjoyed Renaissance Republique a couple of months ago, which has a fairly decently sized lobby/bar area (and an interesting outdoors option if the weather cooperates) but I couldn't speak to the breakfast offering.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
We’ve stayed at both Le Dohkan's, in years past, and last month at le metropolitan, I could recommend either highly. Both are own and run by the same group, same GM, and are both very well run. The one is very classicly paris hotel the other is the modern interior. Though we liked both very much we actually probably would choose le metropolitan next time. it’s a modern comfortable interior and room and I liked the location better. Though both are very close, as is the Renaissance (le Dohkan and the the Ren are almost across the street from each other) we’ve had great service at both le Dohkan and Le Metropolitan. Le Metropolitan is in a slightly more residential area, though still only a block from trocadero.

last month SNA was approved and we received an Eiffel view suite at Le Metropolitan

The view from the balcony
dgreen12, dcmike, submonte and 7 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by upsidedown
Thanks for the great response. I have decided to save my SNAs and hope for a Plat upgrade.
I would highly recommend proactively chatting with them on the app once you can. I had them note my request for the Duplex Suite 72 hours prior. About 24 priors prior, I saw the upgrade appear when checking my reservation. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.