Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Recommendations needed for France

Have a large stash of Bonvoy points and the family wants to go France. We are thinking of splitting our time between Paris and the South of France, timing is late September. Any suggestions for high quality properties based on location (preferably walking distance to restaurants and things to do) for either Paris or somewhere in the Nice/Cannes area?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
We stayed at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe on our honeymoon. It’s about a 5 minute walk from the Etoile metro stop, which makes it easy to get around. Room was decently sized for Paris.

We’ve stayed at the PH Paris on the last two trips. I think the Vendôme area is beautiful, but it’s harder to find good restaurants. With the recent transportation strike, we walked a lot further afield for meals. I would think that to be especially true at the Westin or Renaissance Vendôme, though you would be so close to many of the museums.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by WalruSara
We stayed at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe on our honeymoon. It’s about a 5 minute walk from the Etoile metro stop, which makes it easy to get around. Room was decently sized for Paris.

We’ve stayed at the PH Paris on the last two trips. I think the Vendôme area is beautiful, but it’s harder to find good restaurants. With the recent transportation strike, we walked a lot further afield for meals. I would think that to be especially true at the Westin or Renaissance Vendôme, though you would be so close to many of the museums.
Thanks. We were considering that Renaissance so appreciate the specific feedback.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Any suggestions for high quality properties based on location (preferably walking distance to restaurants and things to do) for either Paris or somewhere in the Nice/Cannes area?
Prince de Galles would be the natural choice for a high end Paris property using Marriott points. They are very good about clearing SNA upgrades. The location is central and walkable.

I would not call Ren AdT "high end." It is an American chain business hotel. I didn't much care for the location, either. It's on a bland, busy boulevard.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Prince de Galles would be the natural choice for a high end Paris property using Marriott points. They are very good about clearing SNA upgrades. The location is central and walkable.

I would not call Ren AdT "high end." It is an American chain business hotel. I didn't much care for the location, either. It's on a bland, busy boulevard.
Thanks Kacee. I don’t have much luck with upgrades at US properties, maybe this will be the year my upgrade certificates don’t expire unused!
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Any suggestions for high quality properties based on location (preferably walking distance to restaurants and things to do) for either Paris or somewhere in the Nice/Cannes area?
In Paris, my vote goes to Le Dokhan's. (It's a Tribute Portfolio property.) I recommend it highly.

It's an absolutely beautiful, tiny property with wonderful service and true charm. It's in what once was a mansion between the Arc de Triomphe and the Trocadero. An easy walk to many sights and to the Metro -- with lots of great small restaurants nearby.

It's utterly beautiful, with small rooms and a single, tiny elevator. It feels like stepping back in time to when travel was elegant. There are no suites in the North American sense (so minimal upgrade options), no club lounge, no room service and the rooms are definitely European in design and size ... but it has incredible Parisian ambiance, charm and history. The restaurant serves a great Parisian continental breakfast in the mornings, and then transforms into a champagne bar in the evenings.

If I'm in Paris, I want to feel like I'm in Paris so I avoid the big brands (and I'm a bit of a history nut, so a stay in a historic mansion is perfect for me). Personally I don't want to feel like I'm in Dallas or Denver when I'm there, so I avoid Marriott, Renaissance, Sheraton and the like.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:59 pm

Le Metropolitan

Going to Paris in April with husband. Four Nights. We’re Titanium Elite. We’re looking at the Le Metropolitan, booking on points and hoping to use SNA. It’s out first visit, and the Eiffel Tower views from the LM look amazing! There aren’t many reviews regarding LM. Does anyone have experience with getting SNA approval at the LM? Do they allow for a breakfast voucher because there is no lounge? Is there another property we should look at instead? Thank you for any help!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
In Paris, my vote goes to Le Dokhan's. (It's a Tribute Portfolio property.) I recommend it highly.

It's an absolutely beautiful, tiny property with wonderful service and true charm. It's in what once was a mansion between the Arc de Triomphe and the Trocadero. An easy walk to many sights and to the Metro -- with lots of great small restaurants nearby.

It's utterly beautiful, with small rooms and a single, tiny elevator. It feels like stepping back in time to when travel was elegant. There are no suites in the North American sense (so minimal upgrade options), no club lounge, no room service and the rooms are definitely European in design and size ... but it has incredible Parisian ambiance, charm and history. The restaurant serves a great Parisian continental breakfast in the mornings, and then transforms into a champagne bar in the evenings.

If I'm in Paris, I want to feel like I'm in Paris so I avoid the big brands (and I'm a bit of a history nut, so a stay in a historic mansion is perfect for me). Personally I don't want to feel like I'm in Dallas or Denver when I'm there, so I avoid Marriott, Renaissance, Sheraton and the like.
i have to agree. We’re have two rooms there for a week in April. Our lady stay was great and this time we're bringing our daughter for her thirtieth birthday.

it’s an adorable classic little hotel with a great staff.

At least the last time we stayed there, they did have room service for breakfast. The restaurant/ champagne bar has a pretty limited menu so I’m not sure what they could do after breakfast hours
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jahni Tapley Bachman
Going to Paris in April with husband. Four Nights. We’re Titanium Elite. We’re looking at the Le Metropolitan, booking on points and hoping to use SNA. It’s out first visit, and the Eiffel Tower views from the LM look amazing! There aren’t many reviews regarding LM. Does anyone have experience with getting SNA approval at the LM? Do they allow for a breakfast voucher because there is no lounge? Is there another property we should look at instead? Thank you for any help!
I can not answer directly but we've stayed at le Dohkan’s which has the same owner as Le Metropolitan it’s also in similar converted flat iron, triangle shaped, mansion. The difference is the style and decor -modern vs classic. Neither hotel has many suites. I know Le Dohkan’s has 4 all on the top floor. One of those with an Eiffel view rarely shows up in room searches - I believe only in advanced purchase listings. So in reality it might have 3 suites available for SNA. I believe Le Metropolitan has the same set up.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The LM is not a holiday hotel, and the Suites (At least the one I was in) was just two rooms which were joined with a bed being replaced with a sofa.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:13 am

I am going to be in Paris for the French Open in late May for about 3 days.

As Plat I am looking for good location (central, Eiffel Tower within 30min?, not too far from Roland Garros. I don't need it to be amidst a multitude of excellent high end restaurants), good Plat breakfast, and decent chance of an upgrade.

I am likely not going for Berri or PdG bc I don't see how its worth 300k for the 3 nights. I am able to get the Westin Vendome for 330 USD a night. Other then that I am really open and would rely on feedback from the group as to where I should go. (the only other place I was toying with was PH Vendome at 30k a night with a GOH booking).

TIA
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:56 pm

My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to Paris in May for 4 days. I have enough Bonvoy points to cover 3 nights at the below properties. We’ve never been to Paris before. Which property would be the best choice?

We don't have any plans yet. I would guess that we'll visit the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Catacombs, Air and Space Musuem at Le Bourget, Lourve or d'Orsay, walk along the Seine and Champs-Elysees, and perhaps Sainte-Chapelle Luxembourg Gardens, and the Orangerie museum. Don't know if thats reasonable to do in three full days and part of a fourth.

As far a hotel, don't have any specific requirements in terms of amenities. Good breakfast would be a plus. In an area with good restaurants/bars. Safe area that isn't too hectic/loud at night.

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomph
Renaissance Paris Republique
Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero
Hotel Banke Opera
Marriott Opera Ambassador

Last edited by eventualpilot; Feb 7, 2020 at 12:49 pm Reason: updated info
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I just love these questions where you tell us nothing about your interests, plans while there, and what you'd like in a hotel and then ask for the "best choice"??????????????

Originally Posted by eventualpilot
My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to Paris in May for 4 days. I have enough Bonvoy points to cover 3 nights at the below properties. We’ve never been to Paris before. Which property would be the best choice?

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomph
Renaissance Paris Republique
Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero
Hotel Banke Opera
Marriott Opera Ambassador
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
I just love these questions where you tell us nothing about your interests, plans while there, and what you'd like in a hotel and then ask for the "best choice"??????????????
Updated original post with additional information.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, *G, Marriott Titanium Elite
Looking to book 5 nights on points in Paris this June and would love to bounce my ideas based off those who have been to these properties. I have Titanium Elite status and would love to apply my 5 SNAs to this booking as it will be with my (very tall) spouse for a romantic getaway after a business trip. It's Europe and rooms will be small almost everywhere. I like a free breakfast benefit, but don't care much about lounge access. We will mostly be going to museums and walking around neighborhoods or taking the metro. I've discounted hotels near Champs-Élysées due to the tourist concentration and being further away from where we will be walking.

Currently deciding between The Westin Vendome and Renaissance Vendome due to location. Both are the same amount of points. I'm open to Opera area hotels as the walk is not that much farther, but Hotel Banke is unavailable on points at that time.

The Westin Vendome
  • + Larger, potentially more upgrade availability?
  • + Potential for better view rooms (garden or beyond)?
  • - Busier/more corporate feel
  • - Upcoming renovations indicate it's not in great shape?
Renaissance Vendome *leaning toward this one
  • + Like the more boutique feel
  • + Recently renovated
  • - Fewer rooms may mean lower odds of SNA/upgrade
  • - Poorer/no view?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.