Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:40 pm

I read through most of the pages but I still can’t decide which Paris hotel from Marriott chain (I will be using my Marriott points for the stay) is the best for us with 2 toddlers under 5? Can someone please help? We have plenty of Marriott pt to use up so we prefer to stay at a higher cat hotel.

thanks
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by markle
Any thoughts on Prince de Galles vs Hotel de Berri for a splurge points stay next year?

Had a quick look through this thread and couldn't see much mention of HdB. Main decision criteria for me are:

- Romantic ambiance
- PP recognition
- Probability of an SNA upgrade
Trying to plan a similar trip with similar criteria... what did you end up deciding? Those two properties also caught my eye along with the Westin Vendome.

UPDATE: Went to make a points booking and the PdG won't allow me to make a points resv even though they have what appears to be standard rooms available. The Hotel de Berri has really caught my eye, but does anyone know how plats are treated there? Breakfast? SNA chances?

Last edited by dblue; Dec 14, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:52 am

Well, the PdG became available for points bookings... so now I am torn between the PdG and the Hotel de Berri.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dblue
Well, the PdG became available for points bookings... so now I am torn between the PdG and the Hotel de Berri.
I hear you. I have one night I need to do somewhere this weekend. Every Marriott property in Paris is wide-open. At the Prince des Galles, Luxury Collection every suite is available.

My ambassador is trying to see if they will confirm an upgrade pre-arrival. The terms say you're entitled to an upgrade at check-in. I could check-in now, but the hotel initially pushed back at my ambassador and claimed upgrades happened at the time of arrival, now check-in.

Since they have every category of suites available I don't think it is unreasonable as an ambassador to ask for more than the entry-level suite.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Here's my latest review of the Renaissane Republique:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30581358-post68.html
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I have reservations at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel and PDG during early February. Should we be worried about the protests at either of these hotels? I'm hoping things settle down over the next couple of weeks.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:53 am

Hoping to do 5 nights at the end of the year for new years and looking for suggestions, 240k points so anything with points bookings available goes. I stayed at the Renaissance Vendome last year and really enjoyed it but I there's so many good options I want to try something else.

Marriott Platinum Premiere so anything that gives breakfast.

Here's my list:
Renaissance République - 200k points, looks like a less touristy area but still nice
W Opera - Looks nice but for 240k points I'm not sure
Westin Vendome - Looks great, same location as last time but a nice hotel
PDG - Looks superb, almost no chance of an upgrade I'm sure but still well worth 240k points
Berri - Haven't heard anything, just opened
Renaissance Arc de Triumph - Looks great, especially for "only" 200k points for 5 nights
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Hoping to do 5 nights at the end of the year for new years and looking for suggestions, 240k points so anything with points bookings available goes. I stayed at the Renaissance Vendome last year and really enjoyed it but I there's so many good options I want to try something else.

Here's my list:
Renaissance République - 200k points, looks like a less touristy area but still nice
PDG - Looks superb, almost no chance of an upgrade I'm sure but still well worth 240k points
Renaissance Arc de Triumph - Looks great, especially for "only" 200k points for 5 nights
Renaissance République should only cost you 140k. It's a category 5 and only 35k a night.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:27 am
Suspended

Here's my list:
The Westin is tired and will be leaving Marriott once renovations are complete, at least that's my understanding.

Renaissance République is by far the best value.

Hôtel de Berri, Luxury Collection has almost no reports whereas there are plenty of reports on stays at Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection. You could always make two bookings and then cancel one at a later date.

Are you planning on spending a lot of time in the room? I ask because your answer could change the hotel recommendation.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The Westin is tired and will be leaving Marriott once renovations are complete, at least that's my understanding.

Renaissance République is by far the best value.

Hôtel de Berri, Luxury Collection has almost no reports whereas there are plenty of reports on stays at Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection. You could always make two bookings and then cancel one at a later date.

Are you planning on spending a lot of time in the room? I ask because your answer could change the hotel recommendation.
I wouldn't say I'd spend the entire time relaxing at the hotel like a resort, but I usually end up having breakfast there, heading out, and then coming back for a nap in the afternoon. So I'd say a fair bit of time.

That's good info on the Westin, the building and location look optimal but if it's in need of a renovation then I'll skip it.

I'm sorta split between the PDG and Renaissance République as one looks top notch and the other looks like a super value, although a tiny room and a queen sized bed.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:26 am
Suspended

I wouldn't say I'd spend the entire time relaxing at the hotel like a resort, but I usually end up having breakfast there, heading out, and then coming back for a nap in the afternoon. So I'd say a fair bit of time.

That's good info on the Westin, the building and location look optimal but if it's in need of a renovation then I'll skip it.

I'm sorta split between the PDG and Renaissance République as one looks top notch and the other looks like a super value, although a tiny room and a queen sized bed.
Unless things change in the next year, the Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection only offers a cold buffet for breakfast. The Renaissance République offers a hot breakfast off the menu. So, the Renaissance wins for breakfast.

Service is better at the Prince de Galles, but not overly better. It's not a St. Regis. They don't have butler service, for example. Fit and finish in the rooms is better. So, the Prince de Gales wins for rooms.

In terms of neighborhood, both hotels tie each other, though the Renaissance is in a more authentic Parisian neighborhood.

Since you're paying points I would go with the Renaissance if only because you'll save a lot of points. If you have the cash, I would spend my money at the Ritz, the Peninsula or the Four Seasons Hotel George V over the Prince de Galles.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:45 pm

I wouldn’t dismiss the Westin. Granted it’s going to be renovated and reflagged, the property is not terrible and in an excellent location.

I’ll be in Paris in a month and was torn between the PdG, Westin and Hotel de Berri. I had a family member stay at the HdB last month and loved it although the location is boring.

I love a luxury hotel however my wife and I mapped out all the places and restaurants we wanted to go in Paris and the majority are much closer to the Westin. I’m 80% confident that we will end up back at the Westin (we stayed there in 2015 and 2016). They gave a good, full breakfast buffet. We’ve always been upgraded to massive suites with great views and love the location.

In 2017, we tried the Le Roch just down the street. Great boutique hotel however I would never pay the rates on the Marriott site. Also, there’s no Platinum breakfast (my wife loves breakfast, I’m content skipping). If I was staying on points, I would go back to the Le Roch. If I’m paying, most likely the Westin.

I’m sad to not try the PdG or the HdB but I’m not going to Paris for the hotel and would prefer to be in a better area.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter

I wouldn’t dismiss the Westin. Granted it’s going to be renovated and reflagged, the property is not terrible and in an excellent location.

I’ll be in Paris in a month and was torn between the PdG, Westin and Hotel de Berri. I had a family member stay at the HdB last month and loved it although the location is boring.

I love a luxury hotel however my wife and I mapped out all the places and restaurants we wanted to go in Paris and the majority are much closer to the Westin. I’m 80% confident that we will end up back at the Westin (we stayed there in 2015 and 2016). They gave a good, full breakfast buffet. We’ve always been upgraded to massive suites with great views and love the location.

In 2017, we tried the Le Roch just down the street. Great boutique hotel however I would never pay the rates on the Marriott site. Also, there’s no Platinum breakfast (my wife loves breakfast, I’m content skipping). If I was staying on points, I would go back to the Le Roch. If I’m paying, most likely the Westin.

I’m sad to not try the PdG or the HdB but I’m not going to Paris for the hotel and would prefer to be in a better area.
me too.

stayed there a couple of years ago. very nice hotel actually. breakfast was very good and it was complimentary (no need to sacrifice bonus point). service was also very good all around.

even minimal upgrade, room was pretty big for paris and in good condition, not dated definitely. overall much better than usual Wesitn in the US. location, to me, was also the best.

It will have the reno because they need to add more luxury touch and become something more upscale hotel than it is currently.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
stayed there a couple of years ago. very nice hotel actually. breakfast was very good and it was complimentary (no need to sacrifice bonus point). service was also very good all around.
I haven't seen any reports of what they're doing for breakfast post-8/18 and how that breakfast benefit compares to other properties in Paris. If it's a hot restaurant breakfast then it's probably better than Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection and comparable to the Renaissance Republique.

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
even minimal upgrade, room was pretty big for paris and in good condition, not dated definitely.
Except for 10-year-old TVs. A couple of years ago when you admittedly stayed last it may have not been noticeable, but many of the recent Trip Advisor reviews indicate the property is getting really tired in the rooms. Even on Marriott.com, where the reviews aren't always objective, the rating for the Westin is only 3.8 out of 5 stars.

Your experience may vary, of course. I would just hate to spend all those points and then get disappointed when you arrive. Why take the chance?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:40 am

With all of this talk about which hotel is best and every hotel's reviews ranging from "best hotel ever" to "worst hotel ever" I decided to make a reservation where I stayed last time, the Renaissance Vendome. Rooms are small and it's just a queen bed if I don't get upgraded, but the people were very nice and the location is perfect.
hockeyinsider likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.