Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:06 pm

I'm really struggling with my options here. Have about 280K to play with for a 5th night free stay next summer. There for tourism. Just Marriott Gold status.

The Renaissance Republique gets mixed to positive reviews. Seems like the location is amazing. Close to metro but also in a quaint neighborhood. I have also heard decent things about the W. Location of the W seems just okay, though.

I'm genuinely intrigued at the AC Hotel at 25K a night. Yes, you will have to commute 20-25 mins for a lot of locations, but that's true for all of these properties to some degree. I wish there were more reviews floating around of that property.

Part of me wants to say, forget it and just book Hyatt Regency for an easy $135 a night. As Explorist, I'd at least get a decent room.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jbandy10
The Renaissance Republique gets mixed to positive reviews. Seems like the location is amazing. Close to metro but also in a quaint neighborhood.
"Gritty" would be more accurate.

While I'm not generally a fan of the 1st, Westin Vendome has a very central location.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Hi! I'm currently booked at the Marriott Rive Gauche for 3 nights in November. My original plan was to take the subway to go to all the tourist sites, but my partner has knee issues and cannot use the stairs that often. Do you think it's better to move to a hotel closer to the tourist area? I'm thinking of Renaissance Arc de Triomphe or the Vendome. We're okay being in the tourist area since we don't speak French (besides the basics).

Also, does anyone know if the junior suites at AdT offer complimentary mini bar like at Rive Gauche? Thanks!
jchiguy1 likes this.

Last edited by GateGuardian; Sep 17, 2019 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:03 pm

4 nights in Paris

Would love a recommendation for 4 award nights in Paris next July. Not my or SO’s first time in Paris; we are using Paris primarily as a base to explore Versailles and Giverny (which we haven’t seen yet) and maybe use one full day to hit up the Orsay and revisit the other touristy Paris things we have enjoyed in prior visits.

We are planning to take the TGV to Avignon on our last morning so we are currently booked at the CY by Gare de Lyon (train departs from the station so it’s a quick walk over with our suitcases)... but because we have only ever stayed in the 4/5/6 arr. before, we are a little nervous about this drastic neighborhood change.

Can anyone chime in with their experiences at the CY or with any other hotel recommendations that fit with our plans? I booked the CY before peak pricing kicked in at 100K total (with subsequent email confirmation that the price will be honored so long as no details change) but I would be willing to change to a more expensive hotel if is is a truly better alternative.

Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
We enjoy the Trocadero area and the 16th Arrd. The Renaissance there is one we enjoy.

Originally Posted by moos16
Would love a recommendation for 4 award nights in Paris next July. Not my or SO’s first time in Paris; we are using Paris primarily as a base to explore Versailles and Giverny (which we haven’t seen yet) and maybe use one full day to hit up the Orsay and revisit the other touristy Paris things we have enjoyed in prior visits.

We are planning to take the TGV to Avignon on our last morning so we are currently booked at the CY by Gare de Lyon (train departs from the station so it’s a quick walk over with our suitcases)... but because we have only ever stayed in the 4/5/6 arr. before, we are a little nervous about this drastic neighborhood change.

Can anyone chime in with their experiences at the CY or with any other hotel recommendations that fit with our plans? I booked the CY before peak pricing kicked in at 100K total (with subsequent email confirmation that the price will be honored so long as no details change) but I would be willing to change to a more expensive hotel if is is a truly better alternative.

Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Hi! I'm currently booked at the Marriott Rive Gauche for 3 nights in November. My original plan was to take the subway to go to all the tourist sites, but my partner has knee issues and cannot use the stairs that often. Do you think it's better to move to a hotel closer to the tourist area? I'm thinking of Renaissance Arc de Triomphe or the Vendome. We're okay being in the tourist area since we don't speak French (besides the basics).

Also, does anyone know if the junior suites at AdT offer complimentary mini bar like at Rive Gauche? Thanks!
Based on the knee issues, I'd definitely consider moving to the Vendome. There are a lot of tourist sites in Paris and they are spread out, so more info on the places you really want to visit would be helpful. That said, at the Vendome you'll be a very close walk to the metro line 1 when you do take the subway, which gives you ready access to many of the tourist sites with a single line change at most. In my opinion, the Vendome is more centrally located relative to many of the most popular areas/museums than your other two choices, so if you decide you need to taxi/uber, you'll probably be more optimal situated.
michelin, GateGuardian and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by GateGuardian

Not a direct answer to your question but why not take buses instead of subway? I often do b/c I prefer to see the sights above ground and if you use google maps you can do routing on buses - and even with basic French you should be fine
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by estnet
Not a direct answer to your question but why not take buses instead of subway? I often do b/c I prefer to see the sights above ground and if you use google maps you can do routing on buses - and even with basic French you should be fine
Agreed, I use buses more than Metro in Paris as well. But be aware that right now there is major construction happening along the Quai d’Orsay and a large portion of it is blocked off. The buses don’t stop at some of the stops along there even on the open part, instead stopping only on the diversion streets. You have to really read the info at the bus stops to know if the bus you want is actually coming by there, which could be a challenge if you don’t speak French. And all of the buses are diverted so if you aren’t familiar with the area, you could get a bit panicky when your bus suddenly goes off route and you have to figure out where to get off.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Hi everyone! I’m going to Paris for a weekend (2 nights from Friday h22.00 to Sunday h16.00) this month for anniversary celebration with my gf. I’m MR Titanium, no SNA available. I’ve a BRG at Westin for 445 euro (now the lowest price here is 642 euro). I found pretty “cheap” rates (based on their normal prices!) at Hotel de Berry 898 euro (with continental breakfast) and at PdG 945 euro. All prices are for the 2 nights, tax/fee included. I check my nights for many months…and PdG reach even over 1500 euro for that specific 2 nights in the past.

I don’t know what to do…! Does Berri/PdG worth the extra 450/500 euro (so…double price or even more)? Location is better at Westin. Hotel stand-alone win PdG/Berri. I’m afraid to be disappointed at Westin due to “hotel age” (bathrooms in photo looks reeeeeaaaly dated with that shower curtains :-S). Opinions?

All the 3 hotels have good better rooms/suites availability. Elite recognition considering status and our “celebration”?

Suggestions?

Thank you all!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by TravelerIT
Hi everyone! I’m going to Paris for a weekend (2 nights from Friday h22.00 to Sunday h16.00) this month for anniversary celebration with my gf. I’m MR Titanium, no SNA available. I’ve a BRG at Westin for 445 euro (now the lowest price here is 642 euro). I found pretty “cheap” rates (based on their normal prices!) at Hotel de Berry 898 euro (with continental breakfast) and at PdG 945 euro. All prices are for the 2 nights, tax/fee included. I check my nights for many months…and PdG reach even over 1500 euro for that specific 2 nights in the past.

I don’t know what to do…! Does Berri/PdG worth the extra 450/500 euro (so…double price or even more)? Location is better at Westin. Hotel stand-alone win PdG/Berri. I’m afraid to be disappointed at Westin due to “hotel age” (bathrooms in photo looks reeeeeaaaly dated with that shower curtains :-S). Opinions?

All the 3 hotels have good better rooms/suites availability. Elite recognition considering status and our “celebration”?

Suggestions?

Thank you all!
update: approved a BRG claim also at PdG for 750 euro for the 2 nights (tax/fee included).
EuropeanPete and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by TravelerIT
update: approved a BRG claim also at PdG for 750 euro for the 2 nights (tax/fee included).
any tips on what site had a better rate? I’ve come across all been the same or higher atm.

im flexible on dates.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
any tips on what site had a better rate? I’ve come across all been the same or higher atm.

im flexible on dates.
I find it on trivago...
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:35 pm
sfp

Just thought I'd add we had a great stay at Renaissance Republique. I booked a "bobo" room at 20 euros/night on top of points (150k points for 3 night stay). The room is small, but we had an amazing balcony that was maybe half the footprint of the entire room. It didn't seem like any other rooms had balconies from what we could see, but I'm sure they did (room 414). The immediate surrounding area is nothing special, but Canal St Martin is close, as are some of the better restaurants in the city in the 11th, and the Marais is pretty close as well. I'm happy we ended up here.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Just had a 2-night paid stay at W Opera Paris 2 weeks ago and wish I'd pick a different property. I booked a Wonderful room and didn't get upgraded as a titanium (and lifetime plat). I asked politely for an upgrade when contacted by W Insider via email (I mentioned our 20th anniversary trip and wife's birthday during our stay), but no upgrade was offered. When I asked if there's any room upgrade available during check-in, they mentioned that they can upgrade us to a Spectacular room (which at that time has no view out to the Opera building due to construction and I believe is still the case now). So since the view out will be blocked by construction, I decided to just take the Wonderful room. While the room is fine, but it's definitely on the small side. We did get a surprised wine for our anniversary, so that was a very nice gesture. The breakfast at this properly at the time was on the 2nd floor bar ares converted to a breakfast area, so it is not at the restaurant (which I believe was under renovation). The breakfast spread isn't very good for a hotel at this level, in Paris. They do offer to cook either scrambled egg or omelette on top of what they have there. Again, just not impressed at all with the selection or quality of the food provided. We ended up only having breakfast on the 1st day and had breakfast elsewhere the 2nd day. The location is great however, at least for our needs while in Paris.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I just stayed 3 nights at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe with points. Overall, the hotel was great. My SNA cleared and got an Junior Suite facing the the Arc de Triomphe, though it wasn't much of a view. It was within walking distance of most tourist places, but away from the busy street. A couple of decent restaurants and Monoprix around the corner. Staff was excellent. Would definitely stay again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.