Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
i have a cat 9 cert that can't be downgraded. doesn't seem right to use it for a lower category (i don't even know if you can)
In that case go with the Renaissance

C/E will just validate that Parisians are rude and the city is overrun with tourists. Honestly I found nothing appealing about my one (and only) short stay there. The staff was rude and getting in and out of the hotel was horrid due to the throngs of tourists.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i have a cat 9 cert that can't be downgraded. doesn't seem right to use it for a lower category (i don't even know if you can)
What about the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, which is a Cat 9?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by TheCount2
What about the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, which is a Cat 9?
This would be my choice, too. Cool vibe, nice rooms, walking distance to some great tourist attractions and the Metro, a little quieter than the CE. Of the other two, the Vendome is the better of the two but if you are first timer in Paris or going with teens I would recommend the elegant international hustle and bustle of the CE.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
This would be my choice, too. Cool vibe, nice rooms, walking distance to some great tourist attractions and the Metro, a little quieter than the CE. Of the other two, the Vendome is the better of the two but if you are first timer in Paris or going with teens I would recommend the elegant international hustle and bustle of the CE.
I will soon be going to Paris with young children 6 and 8 and am staying at the RV basically due to the pool, also proximity to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and Tuileries which this month turns into an attraction for children. Kids will be able to cool off and burn energy in the pool even though it is small.

In September on my own I will be at the Ren ADT for several reasons among which is that it is close where I have meetings.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:47 am

My husband and I are going to Paris this fall. It's not a first trip, but the only Marriott property we've stayed in is the Renaissance Vendome when we were gold. (They upgraded us to a larger room.) We're staying on points. For a silver member who has no chance at an upgrade, are the smallest rooms at the Renaissance Republique or Parc Trocadero too small to stay in comfortably for 9 nights? Some of the reviews on TA are scaring me.

Trying to decide if staying at the ADT property would be better, even though I'm not as enthusiastic about the location.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mareh
For a silver member who has no chance at an upgrade, are the smallest rooms at the Renaissance Republique or Parc Trocadero too small to stay in comfortably for 9 nights?
For 9 nights in Paris, I would rent an apartment. You'll get way more space, you can stay in a more appealing neighborhood, you'll save a bunch of money on meals, and IMO it's a much better overall Paris experience.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:56 am

Hi Kacee. I agree, but with elderly parents who are in poor health, a hotel offers more flexibility to cancel.l We also have a 7 night certificate that we want to use. (We will be upgrading it to cover the right category.)
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:11 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Benefits on second room?

I'm looking to book a stay in Paris as a Platinum elite (in the new program, by the time of the stay) -- will be my husband and I traveling with his mother, and we'll be getting her a second room. I'm guessing the answer is no but wondering if anyone knows of any central Paris properties that are particularly likely to be generous with elite benefits on the second room? Particularly interested in room upgrades (to something not tiny, ideally) and breakfast.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon opening October 2018. Cat 5.

"The varied neighborhood with artists, ateliers and charming streets captures Paris as it is today in its urban environment with buzzling atmosphere. The 249 bedrooms retain the Parisian industrial inspiration but are toned down as the artwork will quite simply be the breathtaking panoramic view of all landmarks of Paris. From the guest rooms, a stunning and unique view over the city showcase the most iconic buildings: the Eiffel tower, Notre dame, the Sacré-Coeur and la Defense."

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-gare-de-lyon/
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by bgriff
I'm looking to book a stay in Paris as a Platinum elite (in the new program, by the time of the stay) -- will be my husband and I traveling with his mother, and we'll be getting her a second room. I'm guessing the answer is no but wondering if anyone knows of any central Paris properties that are particularly likely to be generous with elite benefits on the second room? Particularly interested in room upgrades (to something not tiny, ideally) and breakfast.
I have done three CE stays with two rooms. All were points redemptions. I was P or PP during each stay. None of the rooms were ever upgraded. The breakfast benefit was always extended to the second room occupants. In one Ren ADT stay involving two rooms one was UG to a room with a balcony. Breakfast was extended to everyone. In one RG stay with two rooms we were offered a Family Room but I declined because I like having my own room. We were given two regular rooms with great views which apparently is an UG. We liked the rooms. Everyone in both rooms had lounge access.
bgriff likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
Three people

Does anybody have recommendations for a Paris property and room-type that allows three people, and has two "larger" beds (including sofabed or roll-away)?

I currently have a reservation for an Artist Studio Suite at the Renaissance Republique, with a request for a roll-away.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Ren La Defense has a larger room option that allows 3.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
I was looking for a room for three people on an award stay. Although the Ren Republique looks really nice, and is in a more convenient location, the price for the upgrade (from a standard reward room) is too much for us.

I took GoSh4rks' advice and booked reward at Ren La Defense. I contacted the hotel about a cash upgrade from a reward (email address on their facebook page), and received a confirmation in email.

Should I expect my online reservation to be update to show the new room and rate?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by rafkeduck
I was looking for a room for three people on an award stay. Although the Ren Republique looks really nice, and is in a more convenient location, the price for the upgrade (from a standard reward room) is too much for us.

I took GoSh4rks' advice and booked reward at Ren La Defense. I contacted the hotel about a cash upgrade from a reward (email address on their facebook page), and received a confirmation in email.

Should I expect my online reservation to be update to show the new room and rate?
I've stayed at the Rental La defense and they are a great hotel as a platinum in the old program I was upgraded to a junior suite and git free breakfast, since it was a weekend, and they had a decent lounge. Only issue is there is literally nothing to do around there so u must take the train which is actually pretty close but they also end at 1 and after the trains end it's a ..... to get back. The bus stops at the bottom of the hill and you have to figure out how to get up. Same with my Uber, idk about others, he had no idea how to get to the front door. All in all annoying location but great hotel
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by The Law99
I've stayed at the Rental La defense and they are a great hotel as a platinum in the old program I was upgraded to a junior suite and git free breakfast, since it was a weekend, and they had a decent lounge. Only issue is there is literally nothing to do around there so u must take the train which is actually pretty close but they also end at 1 and after the trains end it's a ..... to get back. The bus stops at the bottom of the hill and you have to figure out how to get up. Same with my Uber, idk about others, he had no idea how to get to the front door. All in all annoying location but great hotel
How far is the train ride to central Paris?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.