Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Well, the first thing to say is a 4-night redemption is a waste, since with MR 5th night is free - thus, you could add a night for the same number of points.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:14 pm

Thanks. Good to know. That is not obvious on their website.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Presuming Silver or above
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...resent-17.html
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
We stayed 5 mights at the Renaissance Vendome on points in September and I loved it. Cool, boutique style hotel in an awesome location. The staff were amazing, the breakfast excellent. We were upgraded (as Gold) to a corner Parisian Suite which was just fantastic. I really have nothing but great things to say and I would most definitely stay there again. The location just can’t be beat.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:05 pm

Seems to come down to a simple choice.

5 nights at the Renaissance Republique (40K point per night / 32 if I stay for the 5th night free) OR Park Hyatt Vendome for 30K per night.

Any thoughts? Is the Park Hyatt at fewer points a no brainer?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by jakemalloy
Is the Park Hyatt at fewer points a no brainer?
Only if you value Hyatt points at equal to or less than Marriott points.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Impossible to answer because we don't know how you earn points. Do you have status in either program that gives you additional points per stay? If so, how much, what are your stay lengths? Do you have a branded cc? What other redemptions do you have planned? What extra benefits do you get with each hotel? There are dozens of other considerations...
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Seems to come down to a simple choice.

5 nights at the Renaissance Republique (40K point per night / 32 if I stay for the 5th night free) OR Park Hyatt Vendome for 30K per night.

Any thoughts? Is the Park Hyatt at fewer points a no brainer?
The PH Vendome is a bit overrated. It's a nice property but I would never use 30k per night to stay there. For 30k per night I expect the ultimate in extravagance and I'm not going to get it there. Some people are going to disagree with me and they will start talking about cash rates (which means absolutely nothing to me).
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The locations could hardly be more different. Chanel and Cartier (PHV) vs. a real Paris neighborhood (Republique).

Is the Park Hyatt at fewer points a no brainer?
You're comparing apples and oranges. Hyatt points are worth somewhere between 1.5 and 2x Marriott points. It's literally twice as easy to earn Marriott points (10 per dollar) as Hyatt points (5 per dollar).
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I can't say enough good things about the Renaissance Republique. It is truly an excellent property with excellent staff (Concierge Navigator Renaissance Paris Republique <[email protected]>). The staff put a real, decorated Christmas tree in my room. My boss stayed and he worked with the concierge on a picnic. He took his wife on a bicycle tour of Paris that ended at a park where the hotel staff had setup a romantic picnic.

Besides being only a category-8 property, the paid cash rates are lower than the other Marriott and Renaissance hotels win Paris. Yes, there are some quirks -- I would even call them significant design flaws -- with the bathroom that probably won't be fixed until a room refresh/renovation. I've walked around the entire neighborhood at night and in the early morning. Yes, it's a little gritty and gentrifying, but I've never had felt unsafe. My only caution is there's a street about 5 minutes away with a considerable number of prostitutes working the street at all hours of the day. It's actually interesting just to walk through and people watch.

I've seen paid rates under $200 at the Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, which is a category-6 property. Yes, it's not in central Paris, but if you're willing to save money or points it could be an option. Plus, the lounge has been good reviews. I think the only other property in Paris with a lounge is the the Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, but the lounge there has been rated pretty bad.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider

I've seen paid rates under $200 at the Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, which is a category-6 property. Yes, it's not in central Paris, but if you're willing to save money or points it could be an option. Plus, the lounge has been good reviews. I think the only other property in Paris with a lounge is the the Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, but the lounge there has been rated pretty bad.
Rive Gauche has a lounge and also very competitive room rates. It's my personal favorite, but it's not right in the heart of tourist Pars (I like the location better then the Defense area)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The locations could hardly be more different. Chanel and Cartier (PHV) vs. a real Paris neighborhood (Republique).

You're comparing apples and oranges. Hyatt points are worth somewhere between 1.5 and 2x Marriott points. It's literally twice as easy to earn Marriott points (10 per dollar) as Hyatt points (5 per dollar).
I am using Chase UR points - and I accumulate them pretty easily. So the issue is that both Marriott and Hyatt transfer at 1:1. So I would be using 40K to stay at a Marriott property but only 30K to stay at Park Hyatt. Even if I stay 5 nights (using one night free) it is still 32K points vs. 30K.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
First, it's Paris where you aren't going to spend much time in the hotel. You will have a great trip no matter where you stay. Does either room include amenities that you would use, like breakfast? If everything is e
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I am using Chase UR points - and I accumulate them pretty easily. So the issue is that both Marriott and Hyatt transfer at 1:1. So I would be using 40K to stay at a Marriott property but only 30K to stay at Park Hyatt. Even if I stay 5 nights (using one night free) it is still 32K points vs. 30K.
As you were advised in your duplicate cross-post in the SPG forum, it's borderline insanity to even consider converting Chase UR to Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.