Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I haven't seen any reports of what they're doing for breakfast post-8/18 and how that breakfast benefit compares to other properties in Paris. If it's a hot restaurant breakfast then it's probably better than Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection and comparable to the Renaissance Republique.

Except for 10-year-old TVs. A couple of years ago when you admittedly stayed last it may have not been noticeable, but many of the recent Trip Advisor reviews indicate the property is getting really tired in the rooms. Even on Marriott.com, where the reviews aren't always objective, the rating for the Westin is only 3.8 out of 5 stars.

Your experience may vary, of course. I would just hate to spend all those points and then get disappointed when you arrive. Why take the chance?
They offer full breakfast buffet in the restaurant which also have made-to-order egg station.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
They offer full breakfast buffet in the restaurant which also have made-to-order egg station.
& I

This is a long thread & I'm already at my limits between reading threads, checking websites, looking at new hotels, etc. Could you be specific about the property you're referring to. Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thank you so much!

PS - that's a note to all others. Given the family/Bonvoy/comparison threads are usually multiple pages along, it would be helpful to others if people post which property they're referring to, especially if their quotes aren't immediately after (and heck, even if they are immediately after, doesn't hurt to mention the property name when responding).

Cheers.
aaupgrade, emikelaw, lsb57 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
& I

This is a long thread & I'm already at my limits between reading threads, checking websites, looking at new hotels, etc. Could you be specific about the property you're referring to. Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thank you so much!

PS - that's a note to all others. Given the family/Bonvoy/comparison threads are usually multiple pages along, it would be helpful to others if people post which property they're referring to, especially if their quotes aren't immediately after (and heck, even if they are immediately after, doesn't hurt to mention the property name when responding).

Cheers.
He was referring to the Westin Vendome. I stayed at the Renaissance Vendome last June and it had the same breakfast, buffet with eggs and coffee made to order.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:23 am

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe. The location was excellent with Metro Line 1, Line 2, and RER within one block radius. Le Bus Direct from CDG also stops nearby at the Etoile (5 min walk away). The staff at reception was really good. The breakfast buffet for plats was good. That said, the restaurant staff needed work. They were not the most attentive or friendly, compared to the lobby staff. That would be my main negative that we took away.

We were there during the protests in December when it was really rowdy but went to the countryside early that day (and came back late) so did not really witness any violent or loud stuff.. The hotel essentially told us that it would be on lock-down and recommended for guests not to leave. This was in December so I dont know how the protests are now.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:06 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Can anyone confirm, my understanding is that the Gilet Jaunes protests have been only on Saturdays. Is it correct that Paris has been "normal" other days of the week? I have an upcoming trip that would put me in Paris on Mon-Wed and just want to make sure it still makes sense to go there and not rearrange the trip.

Was also planning on staying at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe which I like the looks and location of, but is also at the epicenter of the protests so not sure if another location might be better if there is any protest activity on other days of the week, even if much smaller?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
Can anyone confirm, my understanding is that the Gilet Jaunes protests have been only on Saturdays. Is it correct that Paris has been "normal" other days of the week? I have an upcoming trip that would put me in Paris on Mon-Wed and just want to make sure it still makes sense to go there and not rearrange the trip.

Was also planning on staying at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe which I like the looks and location of, but is also at the epicenter of the protests so not sure if another location might be better if there is any protest activity on other days of the week, even if much smaller?
My understanding is the protests are only on Saturday. Yahillwe lives in Paris, so you could PM her if you need more info.

Cheers.
bgriff likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Paris is completely normal at the moment. If you seek them out you can find the occasional Gilet Jaune protest on a Saturday in the 8th district, but that’s about it.
bgriff likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bgriff
Was also planning on staying at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe which I like the looks and location of
I'm a little curious about that comment, as I didn't like the location (or the property) at all. To me, staying near the Champs Elysee is comparable to staying near Times Square. And Avenue de Wagram is a busy nondescript street with zero charm. It is convenient to the Ternes Metro station. Getting to the George V station is a pita.
estnet likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Check out on the app?

Can you check out in the app at the Paris hotels? I’m at the Rive Guache tonight. I have 2 ways out of Paris tomorrow. One is an early Eurostar train and the 2nd is a late flight booked after the French border agents went on a work slow down at the Eurostar station

the hotel gave me a late checkout. I’m thinking about getting up and going to Gare du Nord to see how the train is going. I went by around 10 this am and it looked good. If it’s running somewhat on time and I clear immigration I would just check out on the app. If not I’ll take my luggage back to hotel and go out and explore Paris until my late checkout

Option 2 is just to call from Gare du Note and let them know I “forgot” to check out

no upgrade on this stay but room is in great condition and stay has been very nice. Once again no complaints about this hotel and I’ll be back
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Can you check out in the app at the Paris hotels?
Every property in every location is different.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:59 am

not really useful. And also not really true. I’ve never had a US location where I couldn’t check out via the app.

I’ll just default to option 2 and call them if I actually get on a train
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:10 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

not really useful. And also not really true. I’ve never had a US location where I couldn’t check out via the app.

In the US you don't really have to check out at all, if you just leave things pretty much always sort themselves out. Outside the US there's often more of a process at check-out. I can't speak for this specific property but I'd imagine that if you do leave and then call to check out, the worst I can really imagine going wrong is that the hotel might ask you to fax a signed form or something to give final authorization for payment.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:14 pm

It sounds like you haven't visited many hotels outside the US. Why don't you just ask the hotel if you can checkout via the app instead of leaving it to chance on a forum?
estnet likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
It sounds like you haven't visited many hotels outside the US. Why don't you just ask the hotel if you can checkout via the app instead of leaving it to chance on a forum?
In Paris I would say it’s better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:26 pm

update. While I gave up on train I did check out vacation via app with no problem

Had another great stay at Rive Guache. Hopefully I’ll be back next year

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; Mar 16, 2019 at 4:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.