Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Do LNF rates still qualify for Marriott promotions such as the current MegaBonus one (stay twice get a free night)? Thanks in advance.
Yes.

My 2 upcoming stays are LNF.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Yes.

My 2 upcoming stays are LNF.
Thank you! ^
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott's made a change to the exclusions for LNF. Hat tip to LoyaltyLobby for the heads up:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/09/29/m...ember-28-2017/

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Marriott's made a change to the exclusions for LNF. Hat tip to LoyaltyLobby for the heads up:

Cheers.
Thank for letting us know.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Was brought about by a group of GMs who were “tired” of getting hit with the penalty for LNFs based upon LPR/DPR and Marriott Reward Member Rates becoming successful claims.

Thanks
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Was brought about by a group of GMs who were “tired” of getting hit with the penalty for LNFs based upon LPR/DPR and Marriott Reward Member Rates becoming successful claims.

Thanks
Can you explain this a little further?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:36 am
Suspended

Marriott Rewards rates (5% weekday and 3% weekend) were mandated.
LPR/DPR was optional, but there were sufficient LNF claims being generated that were approved and with each approval the property paid a penalty/fine (which at some lower priced props was literally equal to the base rate!) so they petitioned Marriott to disallow all internal comparisons (which just went into effect)

Originally Posted by danger
Can you explain this a little further?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
LPR/DPR was optional, but there were sufficient LNF claims being generated that were approved and with each approval the property paid a penalty/fine (which at some lower priced props was literally equal to the base rate!) so they petitioned Marriott to disallow all internal comparisons (which just went into effect)
Sorry, what's "LPR" and "DPR"? Something something rate, presumably. Maybe daily prepaid rate?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

there's another sticky just below this one that lists codes that are publically known

Originally Posted by danger
Sorry, what's "LPR" and "DPR"? Something something rate, presumably. Maybe daily prepaid rate?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
OK, I couldn't find what LPR and DPR mean.
And, can you clarify what is an "internal comparison?"
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:05 pm
Suspended

They are listed in the last sticky (codes)

LPR and DPR are local and regional promotional rates sometimes due to a membership but not always requiring proof of that membership.

Internal comparison - comparing one Marriott rate with another Marriott rate (such as with and without a discount code but w/o ID requirement; a telephone rate)

Originally Posted by azmojo
OK, I couldn't find what LPR and DPR mean.
And, can you clarify what is an "internal comparison?"
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:21 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
They are listed in the last sticky (codes)

LPR and DPR are local and regional promotional rates sometimes due to a membership but not always requiring proof of that membership.

Internal comparison - comparing one Marriott rate with another Marriott rate (such as with and without a discount code but w/o ID requirement; a telephone rate)
So what does that have to do with "Marriott Rewards rates (5% weekday and 3% weekend)"? Marriott Rewards rates are not open to the public and were not allowed for comparision (neither to nor from).

I know of one hotel in Tokyo (Sakura Tower) that is part of a different chain (Prince Hotels) that offered much better rates on the Prince Hotels' website (of course without Marriott points, and only on the Japanese language version of their website). I only got one night off from this and it was extremely difficult as the hotel apparently uses two different reservation systems and my comparison reservation never showed up in the Marriott system. I'm very sure they must have hated LNFs...

HTB.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:05 am
Suspended

The exclusion of memberships was limited to third party membership rates

Originally Posted by htb
So what does that have to do with "Marriott Rewards rates (5% weekday and 3% weekend)"? Marriott Rewards rates are not open to the public and were not allowed for comparision (neither to nor from).
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:56 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
The exclusion of memberships was limited to third party membership rates
Not what the LNF team told me. Once I wanted to compare a Membership rate that I had booked to a third party rate. The Membership rate is cheaper than standard rates. However, I was told I would have to book the standard rate in order to be allowed to make an LNF claim, and that they would make an exception this time...

Anyway, I still don't understand how they were a problem as long as the membership rates were offered on all Marriott sites.

HTB.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Just had what I can only call a "happy rejection".

I wanted a night at the JW Marriott Los Angeles Live LA. Member rates were $370ish and a 3rd party site had the hotel for $340.

I submitted the claim Sunday night and Monday morning I had a rejection as the Marriott.com website was now showing a member's rate of just $322. Not the 25% off I was hoping for, but fair enough really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.