Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by puchong
Marriott LNF requires you to book the lowest available rate, which is very often a non-refundable, non-cancellable rate .
. .
Are you sure the lowest rate must be booked? I've had more than 15 LNFs approved recently where every Marriott rate has been the lowest refundable rate, even when the lowest rate overall is non-refundable.

My understanding is you must simply compare like for like. So if you book a non-refundable on Marriott then the competing rate must be non-refundable. Similarly, book a refundable and the comparison must be a refundable rate too.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
This has happened to me once before, I always use refundable vs refundable. The LNF team replied said I need to book the lowest rate possible, i.e. non-refundable rate. They said they made a one time exception and got my claim approved. It was a while ago and I think I even posted on this thread about that.

I was puzzled as I was comparing marriott's rate to a refundable rate.

That's an one time incident and I haven't encountered since.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:48 am

I have just had a spurious rejection ... "I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted"

Of course the lower rate is still available.

What should one do in such a case? Rebook and file a new claim or try to appeal the ruling? If the latter, then where / how?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:57 am

I have just had a spurious rejection ... "I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted"

What should one do in such a case? Rebook and file a new claim or try to appeal the ruling? If the latter, then where / how?
Just respond to that email. Tell them to check again with explicit instructions how you found. iPad, iPhone, safari, thru an aggregator site etc.

Sometimes I can have 4 or 5 back and forth emails.

The key if you see it, don't give up.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Sounds like the best option would be to call them.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:21 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum

What should one do in such a case?
Make sure they are looking on the same page. When I submitted a claim for ***.co.jp (Japanese site), they eventually admitted that they can't find the rate on ***.com (English site). So in the future I'll always mention that the rate is available on the Japanese site, not necessarily on the English site.

HTB.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Just respond to that email. Tell them to check again with explicit instructions how you found. iPad, iPhone, safari, thru an aggregator site etc.

Sometimes I can have 4 or 5 back and forth emails.

The key if you see it, don't give up.
If I respond to the message, they are likely to take another 24 hours to respond, by which time my cancellation window will be over

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Sounds like the best option would be to call them.
Call them at what number?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:43 am
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Submitted my first LNF claim and it went through.
Marriott Aberdeen. Used the refundable rate and although they didn't see the lowest rate I saw, they still lowered it to 67 pounds (they saw 89, I booked on their site for 91.)
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by LHG
Submitted my first LNF claim and it went through.
Marriott Aberdeen. Used the refundable rate and although they didn't see the lowest rate I saw, they still lowered it to 67 pounds (they saw 89, I booked on their site for 91.)
Was the lowest rate on marriott.com actually a non-refundable rate?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:24 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by danger
Was the lowest rate on marriott.com actually a non-refundable rate?
I have also sometimes booked a refundable rate even though a lower non-refundable rate was available when comparing to a refundable third-party rate. However, in these cases the refundable third-party rate was even lower than the non-refundable Marriott rate. Maybe that's why they didn't say anything.

HTB.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
"I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted"

This kind of bothers me. I booked a rate of 245 Euros and hotels.com still shows 225 US Dollars. I am emailing back again.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
I had the same experience lately. So frustrating, they are extra blind lately.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
often in European properties, the Marriott site includes taxes while the travel site does not and it is added at booking time...at this point the Marriott site is indeed less expensive and results in denials of claims...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Please always go to the confirmation page of the 3rd party where taxes etc will be added before you submit a claim. American sites advertise different than we do in the EU. We always advertise rates with taxes included. The american sites of hotels.com, booking.com with USD etc do not.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

Last edited by joakgarp; Jul 11, 2017 at 7:32 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just had another great experience with LNF. Booked the JW in Bogota online for USD 200 a night. Found a much cheaper rate on Kayak and they adjusted the rate to USD 120 a night which is a pretty sweet deal.

The only problem I seem to get is that the LNF team would adjust my rate and my marriott rewards account would not automatically account for the night after checkout as the LNF tea may have adjusted it wrongly to show it as a third party rate. I would advise holding on the original booking email as well as the LNF adjustment email in the event you need to send it to them to credit the stay to your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.