Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Could it be a new property that has no clue about LNF?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by nacho
Could it be a new property that has no clue about LNF?
At first, I thought this might be the case. However, it became clear in the 90 mins with Marriott on the phone that the property received the lower LNF rate approval and then changed it back to the original rate. The supervisor let me know what she had never seen a similar situation and after I was placed on hold off and on for 30 mins, she came back on the line sounding as though the property was denying they did anything wrong, but she let me know that a PMS rate edit was made to the reservation by the property, so...the finger only points one way at responsibility.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
At first, I thought this might be the case. However, it became clear in the 90 mins with Marriott on the phone that the property received the lower LNF rate approval and then changed it back to the original rate. The supervisor let me know what she had never seen a similar situation and after I was placed on hold off and on for 30 mins, she came back on the line sounding as though the property was denying they did anything wrong, but she let me know that a PMS rate edit was made to the reservation by the property, so...the finger only points one way at responsibility.
That's bad and I think you should ask Marriott to refund you the difference. If i were you I'd just check out and claim the money from Marriott. Last time I had a bad stay in a property and they didn't offer any Platinum Arrival Gift, so I invoked the guarantee but nothing worked even a Marriott CS agent was on the phone with the hotel for more than 30 minutes.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by nacho
That's bad and I think you should ask Marriott to refund you the difference. If i were you I'd just check out and claim the money from Marriott.
I am away from home until September, so while offered by the Marriott supervisor, I declined a refund by cheque.

The property came back with a 'double points' offer for the error which I thought was a joke and the supervisor dismissed the offer as unacceptable as well. The end result was compensation by way of points posted by Omaha, but it still irks me that this property can get away with such bizarre conduct.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm new to Marriott's price promise (looking this way as a result of the Hyatt decimation) and would like to be clear on the T&Cs.

I note that that adds on seem to be excluded: "Package rates that include room and other components such as travel, car rental, entertainment and/or non-breakfast meals". Does this mean that competing rates that do include breakfast are eligible?

Similarly, if the Marriott rates does not include breakfast but the competing rate does, will it be ruled ineligible?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danger
I'm new to Marriott's price promise (looking this way as a result of the Hyatt decimation) and would like to be clear on the T&Cs.

I note that that adds on seem to be excluded: "Package rates that include room and other components such as travel, car rental, entertainment and/or non-breakfast meals". Does this mean that competing rates that do include breakfast are eligible?

Similarly, if the Marriott rates does not include breakfast but the competing rate does, will it be ruled ineligible?
Q. 1 = yes
Q. 2 = if you can't find a breakfast inclusive rate at marriott but OTA does, you can still file the claim but you won't get breakfast.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:10 am

First time ever it took almost 25 hours to hear back from LNF.

And it was declined. Hope it doesn't take another 25 to get a response asking them to check again as I'm still seeing it.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:54 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
First time ever it took almost 25 hours to hear back from LNF.

And it was declined. Hope it doesn't take another 25 to get a response asking them to check again as I'm still seeing it.
23 hours for a decline yesterday ("cannot see the rate", "should have booked the rate yourself" thinking that the hotel's own website would be another "Marriott channel", which it isn't).

I've booked the rate myself and asked them to verify again. No response after 24 hours, so I re-send my mail. Still no response 11 hours later.

I'm not impressed this time.

HTB.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by htb
23 hours for a decline yesterday ("cannot see the rate", "should have booked the rate yourself" thinking that the hotel's own website would be another "Marriott channel", which it isn't).

I've booked the rate myself and asked them to verify again. No response after 24 hours, so I re-send my mail. Still no response 11 hours later.

I'm not impressed this time.

HTB.
I just passed the 10 hour mark waiting for a response to my email.

Must be awfully "busy" this weekend?😒
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:26 pm

LNF denied for vouchers in the US?

I just got a claim denied. They claimed that they do not match vouchers. I thought vouchers have been reinstated as matching for LNF? There is nothing in the LNF's Terms & Conditions about vouchers. I found this OLD T&C (2016), which specifically talks about vouchers: http://www.marriott.com/Multimedia/P...ditions_us.pdf

This is the response I got:

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. I am denying your claim because your comparison site does not confirm reservations at the time of the initial transaction.
In this case, you are purchasing a voucher and then must check with the hotel to find availability to utilize it. There is no confirmed reservation made upon the initial transaction.
You can review our terms and conditions here:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi

Can anybody help with this?

Thank you,
Steph
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think Marriott denied your claim because the comparison rate does not give instant confirmation rather than using a voucher.

There's nothing to do with the "voucher" (you get that "paper" when you get your confirmation when book via certain OTAs and you need to bring it when you check in) that was previously not allowed outside the US.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I just passed the 10 hour mark waiting for a response to my email.

Must be awfully "busy" this weekend?😒
Took 13 hours to get a reply. This is like another new low:

They declined my claim because there's a lower rate that was booked into the cheapest room and then "upgraded" to the same room type on the comparison rate and then a F&B voucher!

IT's not fair to compare an upgraded room to an actual room that you booked yourself into. It's not apple to apple.

That's simply deceiving.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Of the multiple claims I've submitted in the past week, 33% were answered after the 24 hour commitment. Two claims were answered after 23 hours and 50 minutes.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:43 pm

How to deal with non-refundable bookings?

Marriott LNF requires you to book the lowest available rate, which is very often a non-refundable, non-cancellable rate.

If you book something on a Monday, the site spits out the following text:
Changes to your reservation are not permitted. Please note that you may cancel your reservation for no charge until Tuesday
Considering the long time taken to get a decision on a LNF claim (oftern exceeding 24 hours), until what time on Tuesday can one cancel the booking without penalty? Is it 24 hours after booking or until the end of business on Tuesday? If the latter, which time zone are we talking about - the location of the hotel, the member's home, GMT or some other arbitrary time?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Marriott LNF requires you to book the lowest available rate, which is very often a non-refundable, non-cancellable rate.

If you book something on a Monday, the site spits out the following text:
Changes to your reservation are not permitted. Please note that you may cancel your reservation for no charge until Tuesday
Considering the long time taken to get a decision on a LNF claim (oftern exceeding 24 hours), until what time on Tuesday can one cancel the booking without penalty? Is it 24 hours after booking or until the end of business on Tuesday? If the latter, which time zone are we talking about - the location of the hotel, the member's home, GMT or some other arbitrary time?

I was wondering that also. I am assuming they would allow you to cancel depending upon your hearing back from the LNF team. But really don't know what the answer is.

By the way I only book refundable regular rates even though the nonrefundable are lower. Never had any problem or denials because of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.