Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:34 am

How long does it take nowadays to get a response to a LNF claim? I have a booking for which the cancellation window will expire in a few hours, but there has been no response to the LNF claim that was submitted about 18 hours ago. Is there anything I can do to expedite a response?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:20 pm

OK, I got a denial with this text: "I am denying your claim because Marriott has determined that a valid Marriott reservation cannot be completed using the comparison source provided"

The site I compared the rate to was www.happyrooms.com which is what I had used on more than one occasion in the past without a problem. So what happened now?

Does Marriott not need to provide any further details of why the site is ineligible? How can one protest this kind of an arbitrary denial?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Originally Posted by puchong
OK, I got a denial with this text: "I am denying your claim because Marriott has determined that a valid Marriott reservation cannot be completed using the comparison source provided"

The site I compared the rate to was www.happyrooms.com which is what I had used on more than one occasion in the past without a problem. So what happened now?

Does Marriott not need to provide any further details of why the site is ineligible? How can one protest this kind of an arbitrary denial?
1. if the rate still exists, just cancel it, book again and claim again.
2. if the rate still exists, call the LNF number (you can find it by googling it) and ask for detailed rejection reason.
3. If the rate is gone, then you are GGed.

From my experience, it is not worthwhile to argue with them, because most of time you are getting human beings that are not sane and sensible.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
How long does it take nowadays to get a response to a LNF claim? I have a booking for which the cancellation window will expire in a few hours, but there has been no response to the LNF claim that was submitted about 18 hours ago. Is there anything I can do to expedite a response?
official time frame is 24 hours
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by allanyong
2. if the rate still exists, call the LNF number (you can find it by googling it) and ask for detailed rejection reason.

From my experience, it is not worthwhile to argue with them, because most of time you are getting human beings that are not sane and sensible.
Yes, the lower rate still exists but I already made other arrangements (at a Hyatt) since it was too close to the Renaissance free cancellation deadline. Nevertheless, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth for Marriott...rather than not being "sane and sensible", I think they are just trying to avoid claims by hook or crook, mostly the latter.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by allanyong

I just used happyrooms as a comparison site and was denied too
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
I tried submitting a rate with HotelPlanner.com and they claimed they couldn't find the rate - twice! But every time I go to the site I get the rate.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:02 pm

Would they recognise a mobile rate on kayak app? Found a cheaper rate on kayak but its actually from another travel site within the kayak app. if you use the travel site app separately, it is not available.

Last edited by Lonsinla; Apr 22, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:48 pm

Lies, utter lies...

Further to Marriott denying my claim based on HappyRooms.com plus another site showing a lower rate, I had protested the bogus denial.

Here is the reply I got:
Under the Verification Process of the guarantees Terms and Conditions, the comparison rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott as resulting in an actual hotel reservation.

Marriott has determined that neither of these websites result in a reservation that gets forwarded to the hotel.
So what does Marriott mean to say? When one makes a booking with these alternate sites, how does the booking get confirmed instantly if it does not go to the hotel?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by kylie79
Would they recognise a mobile rate on kayak app? Found a cheaper rate on kayak but its actually from another travel site within the kayak app. if you use the travel site app separately, it is not available.
In the comment section explain in detail how you found it through the kayak app so they can duplicate.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:49 am

Further to Marriott denying my claim based on HappyRooms.com plus another site showing a lower rate, I had protested the bogus denial.

Here is the reply I got:
Under the Verification Process of the guarantees Terms and Conditions, the comparison rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott as resulting in an actual hotel reservation.

Marriott has determined that neither of these websites result in a reservation that gets forwarded to the hotel.
So what does Marriott mean to say? When one makes a booking with these alternate sites, how does the booking get confirmed instantly if it does not go to the hotel?
I had a denial for something similar. As they explained when you go all the way through with booking the room is not confirmed immediately. I myself never went that far with the site so I could not corroborate.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
In the comment section explain in detail how you found it through the kayak app so they can duplicate.

thank you. i hope it works this time!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:00 am

thank you. i hope it works this time!
Even down to the type of phone. iPhone, android etc.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Even down to the type of phone. iPhone, android etc.
It worked! Managed to get the LNF rate honoured plus 25% off! Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:42 pm

Thumbs up

It worked! Managed to get the LNF rate honoured plus 25% off! Thanks
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.