Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:58 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The room WAS "downgraded" to the "not-available-on-marriott", so it's definitely not a case of an agent looking at the wrong room rates. Looks like it's totally possible to LNF not available rates? Or did I just find a unicorn agent?
That's interesting. I have one hotel in Tokyo that has recently started to offer lower category rooms (singles) on third party websites, but only offers doubles at an astronomical price on Marriott's website. Which made me simply stay somewhere else since I wouldn't get points when booking the third party room anyway.

I should try an LNF at that hotel some day!

HTB.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by htb
That's interesting. I have one hotel in Tokyo that has recently started to offer lower category rooms (singles) on third party websites, but only offers doubles at an astronomical price on Marriott's website. Which made me simply stay somewhere else since I wouldn't get points when booking the third party room anyway.

I should try an LNF at that hotel some day!

HTB.
That's funny because... the hotel I booked was the Courtyard Tokyo Ginza.

So yes, you should, it was probably that one?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:55 am
htb

That's funny because... the hotel I booked was the Courtyard Tokyo Ginza.

So yes, you should, it was probably that one?
 Spot on!

I'll see when I can make it back there. Alone.

HTB.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:26 am
htb

OK, I did it. I reserved a room on Marriot.com for one person for one night. Total cost: 34058 JPY all in -- they didn't offer single rooms, only doubles.

I've found a single room on another site for 16138 JPY all in. My claim got accepted and the room rate adjusted to 13023 JPY all in.

Now I don't know how they got to 13023 JPY because 25% off 16138 JPY is 12104 JPY, but I'm not going to argue with them about it. The room type is still "double or 2 singles", they didn't care about different cancellation deadlines, nor that the room type is actually different. It just shows that they have no clue as to calculate the real rate. And that they must be hating the CY Ginza. I still remember the fight they made me put up for a claim at the Glasshouse in Edinburgh (Autograph Collection).

I shall be looking forward to my stay. Their rooms are never worth 34000 JPY, but with the LNF rate it's quite a good deal.

HTB.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
OK, I did it. I reserved a room on Marriot.com for one person for one night. Total cost: 34058 JPY all in -- they didn't offer single rooms, only doubles.

I've found a single room on another site for 16138 JPY all in. My claim got accepted and the room rate adjusted to 13023 JPY all in.

Now I don't know how they got to 13023 JPY because 25% off 16138 JPY is 12104 JPY, but I'm not going to argue with them about it. The room type is still "double or 2 singles", they didn't care about different cancellation deadlines, nor that the room type is actually different. It just shows that they have no clue as to calculate the real rate. And that they must be hating the CY Ginza. I still remember the fight they made me put up for a claim at the Glasshouse in Edinburgh (Autograph Collection).

I shall be looking forward to my stay. Their rooms are never worth 34000 JPY, but with the LNF rate it's quite a good deal.

HTB.
Congratz to you too, glad to see you were also able to make use of the find! They adjusted the room for me so you might've gotten even luckier than me. Mine also isn't exactly 25% but I'm assuming there's some backend/fee/taxes confusion going on and I'm not going to press the issue for sure.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
A ridiculous back and forth with the LNF Team, starting with:

- first denial due to competing rate not available (not true)
- second denial due to pre-paid rates not available marriott.com vs OTA
- third time a charm, approved lower than expected.

I will take it, but what an ordeal.

Property:
Gewandhaus Dresden, Autograph Collection
Dresden, Germay
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Getting really tired of cy Tokyo Ginza - 3rd party has lower priced single room, website doesn't. Submit LNF - denied - sometimes granted after writing back that the reason room types don't match is b/c I can't book same room on Marriott website . Sometimes the denial is then revoked b/c they "adjust" the room to the same room type (much smaller room) that they can book but I can't ?????

All this is really driving me to airbnb
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
Getting really tired of cy Tokyo Ginza - 3rd party has lower priced single room, website doesn't. Submit LNF - denied - sometimes granted after writing back that the reason room types don't match is b/c I can't book same room on Marriott website . Sometimes the denial is then revoked b/c they "adjust" the room to the same room type (much smaller room) that they can book but I can't ?????

All this is really driving me to airbnb
Did you see htb's and my posts on this above? We just both had our LNF's approved by stating that the room isn't available on the website, I got my room "downgraded" and he kept his but both at LNF rates. So definitely contact them again.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:57 pm
htb

Did you see htb's and my posts on this above? We just both had our LNF's approved by stating that the room isn't available on the website, I got my room "downgraded" and he kept his but both at LNF rates. So definitely contact them again.
I stayed there yesterday and actually did get to keep the large room. This time even with the fancy coffee maker with huge capsules. Of course they "should have" upgraded me from the single to a double anyway based on my Gold status.

Now I'm hoping that the rate on the third party website drops a bit for Wednesday...

HTB.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:05 pm
htb

I tried another claim for tomorrow and this time I got the generic

"I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted."

reply which I dread so much because they could at least give some details.

I wrote back asking whether the reason is that they didn't read Japanese, or that maybe they were searching for a room for 2 persons instead of one...

I hope they will reply by tonight.

HTB.

Edit: I got an almost immediate reply that they had problems going through the steps to confirm the reservation. I then provided a different website with an even lower rate which they approved within the hour.

Last edited by htb; Jun 19, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:03 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
OK I have my first LNF approved. Just want to confirm Marriott's website function (since SPG's BRG locks the entire reservation once approved and everything has to be emailed)

Can I cancel the reservation online by myself (originally booked as flexible) or do I need to email the LNF team to cancel?

Can I modify the reservation info (room preference, credit card...etc) online?

Do I need a printed copy of the LNF approval email upon check-in?

Last edited by jix; Jun 21, 2017 at 5:09 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:14 pm
htb

Originally Posted by jix
OK I have my first LNF approved. Just want to confirm Marriott's website function (since SPG's BRG locks the entire reservation once approved and everything has to be emailed)

Can I cancel the reservation online by myself (originally booked as flexible) or do I need to email the LNF team to cancel?

Can I modify the reservation info (room preference, credit card...etc) online?

Do I need a printed copy of the LNF approval email upon check-in?
I've never cancelled an approved LNF, but I have no doubts that this is possible online.

After approval I always go back and modify the reservation info (room preference) online.

I've never taken a printed copy of the LNF with me and was never questioned about the rate in the system. Only once I had the feeling that the front desk clerk had to swallow hard when checking the reservation on his computer...

HTB.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
You can cancel an LNF rate online like any other reservation.
You can also modify the reservation by emailing Marriott. This can sometimes be used sneakily if the lower rate website requires booking extra days to get the rate....
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
A ridiculous back and forth with the LNF Team, starting with:

- first denial due to competing rate not available (not true)
- second denial due to pre-paid rates not available marriott.com vs OTA
- third time a charm, approved lower than expected.

I will take it, but what an ordeal.

Property:
Gewandhaus Dresden, Autograph Collection
Dresden, Germay
A quick follow-up, post-stay.

The restored building is very well done, and the rooms nicely appointed as well.

However, the service is awful and got worse at check-out.

I was presented a bill for the original non-LNF rate of 136 euros and when I questioned it, I was met will a blank stare by the Front Desk supervisor. I decided on the spot that interacting with her or the other duty manager would get nowhere, so I stepped aside and called the Marriott Platinum Desk.

After 3 calls to Marriott, including a disconnect while being transferred internally, I got a Guest Escalation Supervisor who contacted the property to advise them that they were in the wrong and fix it immediately. The property refused to at first, claiming that they had proof that the LNF claim was denied. Kudos to this Marriott supervisor who advised them that this is not how guests are to be treated and moreover, the guest has been waiting 90 mins for this to get adjusted. The property only relented after I forward the claim approval email to the supervisor who then forwarded it to the revenue manager at the property. Completely bizarre experience and i I had been headed to the airport would have been even more upset.

So, a case file opened against the property, but they were totally dismissive about the situation and frankly, they do not understand the meaning of Best Rate Guarantee. We will see if they come back with an apology.

The supervisor did mention that some of their most challenging cases are with the Autograph Collection portfolio which is a loose arrangement in many ways and the rez systems are not well-connected to Marriott.

I cancelled the return stay at this property and have put them on my no-go list.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
A quick follow-up, post-stay.

I was presented a bill for the original non-LNF rate of 136 euros and when I questioned it, I was met will a blank stare by the Front Desk supervisor. denied..... Kudos to this Marriott supervisor who advised them that this is not how guests are to be treated ... Completely bizarre experience and i I had been headed to the airport would have been even more upset.

So, a case file opened against the property, but they were totally dismissive about the situation and frankly, they do not understand the meaning of Best Rate Guarantee. We will see if they come back with an apology.

The supervisor did mention that some of their most challenging cases are with the Autograph Collection portfolio which is a loose arrangement in many ways and the rez systems are not well-connected to Marriott.

I cancelled the return stay at this property and have put them on my no-go list.
Thanks for the update and my favorite form of showing my reaction to poor treatment "vote with your feet (dollars)" - this will be on my no go list as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.