Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by davem4
I have submitted my first, fingers crossed as it is a huge difference
Good luck.

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

/
Good luck.

Wow i'm shocked it worked (my first ever BRG).

Courtyard East Village in NYC in Feb. Showing $119/130 USD on Marriott.com, $97 USD on [alternative site].

So got a great $74 deal

Now awaiting someone to say i could have pricelined for better

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 14, 2018 at 8:20 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is there any option when there is 3rd party availability for a room, but no availability on the Marriott site?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by donotblink
Is there any option when there is 3rd party availability for a room, but no availability on the Marriott site?
it can work, but w/ Marriott it is hit and miss. Try it for sure.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink
Not if you haven't just booked, because you have to have a reservation already to make a claim.

But in the sense of if you got the last reservation on the Marriott website, it doesn't matter if it's now showing no rooms available there, as long as you (a) have the reservation you just made and (b) the third-party site is still showing rooms.

And, btw, that's possible without mistakes, because some third-party sites show rooms that were bought in bulk, and they're reselling them. So from the Marriott standpoint they're already booked, but from the third-party standpoint they aren't booked yet.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Alas, I don't have a Marriott reservation and can't get one for the dates I want.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
I'm new to Marriott. Usually I book with SPG.. Tried to LNF a booking with Marriott. Found a page with a lower price, however Marriott denied the claim saying it was not cheaper. However it is since the tax is included on the third party site. But Marriott still denied it saying they need more info. In the T&Cs it is clearly stated that everything extra will be mentioned (as is the fact that there is a resort fee which is payable at the property in this case) and it clearly says "total amount". Also they are confirming this if you call. Knowing the SPG BRG program very well, I know that they give the provider a call if it's unclear. However Marriott refuses to do so. Any ideas what can be done?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by canael
I'm new to Marriott. Usually I book with SPG.. Tried to LNF a booking with Marriott. Found a page with a lower price, however Marriott denied the claim saying it was not cheaper. However it is since the tax is included on the third party site. But Marriott still denied it saying they need more info. In the T&Cs it is clearly stated that everything extra will be mentioned (as is the fact that there is a resort fee which is payable at the property in this case) and it clearly says "total amount". Also they are confirming this if you call. Knowing the SPG BRG program very well, I know that they give the provider a call if it's unclear. However Marriott refuses to do so. Any ideas what can be done?
Email Marriott back ask them to check again giving explicit instructions and directions where it states on the site that it is inclusive of taxes and when they are deducted the rate is whatever and therefore is lower than the Marriott rate.
Also tell them that when you called they confirmed it.
Good luck.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Email Marriott back ask them to check again giving explicit instructions and directions where it states on the site that it is inclusive of taxes and when they are deducted the rate is whatever and therefore is lower than the Marriott rate.
Also tell them that when you called they confirmed it.
Good luck.
Thanks, tried this already. The issue is, that it's not explicitely mentioned. It just says any additional charged would be disclosed... And they don't care that I called..
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:29 pm

Thanks, tried this already. The issue is, that it's not explicitely mentioned. It just says any additional charged would be disclosed... And they don't care that I called..
Oh well, on to trying to find another site.
Just keep on looking. You never know when something will pop up. I couldn’t find anything for the hotel I really wanted but I found one for a different one. Lo and behold 2 months later I found one and canceled the other.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
did the claim form change? There used to be several options including comparing to Marriott rates and having a 2nd reservation #. Now there is only 1 option. That's not good.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Yes, over 3-months ago

Originally Posted by cfischer
did the claim form change? .
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cfischer
did the claim form change? There used to be several options including comparing to Marriott rates and having a 2nd reservation #. Now there is only 1 option. That's not good.
NO more Marriott vs Marriott LNFs
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by nacho
NO more Marriott vs Marriott LNFs
The bad thing about this new form is that you can't just book a cheaper rate and have the hotel provide you with the Marriott booking reference of the third party booking which you could then enter into the old form to help the LNF team.

NB:
I know that it is not necessary to actually book the lower rate. I have only done so with cancellable rates and only if the LNF team wasn't able to find the lower competing rate or if the lower competing rate was close to expiry (e.g. flash sale rates). When the LNF team was then provided with both reservation codes I had good success in getting the LNF approved.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Had just the same exchange with the LNF-Team. The third party site states, that the rate includes all taxes and fees (which is normal by the way here in Europe). But the LNF-Supervisor replies, that the third party site only charges the VAT and not some Regional Tax and Service Charge they charge.
The Marriot reservation only states "ESTIMATED GOVERNMENT TAXES & FEES" and a seperate "Service Charge"
The funny thing is, that even after pointing out that the VAT is included in the third party rate, she writes that for the comparison, they consider the third party rate as if the VAT is not included????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.