Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:30 am

Looking for rate for LNF - Marriott York, United Kingdom

I'm trying to find a rate to use with Marriott's LNF guarantee to get a better room rate.

Hotel: Marriott York, United Kingdom
Dates: October 23rd 2017 to October 27th 2017 (4 Nights)

Advance Purchase Rate
Monday, 23 October 2017 151.00 GBP
Tuesday, 24 October 2017 122.00 GBP
Wednesday, 25 October 2017 122.00 GBP
Thursday, 26 October 2017 102.00 GBP

Best Available Room Only Rate
Monday, 23 October 2017 159.00 GBP
Tuesday, 24 October 2017 129.00 GBP
Wednesday, 25 October 2017 129.00 GBP
Thursday, 26 October 2017 109.00 GBP

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:03 am

LNF rate and parking fees

I wonder how the additional fees, specifically parking fees are being handled through the LNF guarantee.

My question is: if the hotel has a rate + parking fees and I submit a LNF claim that it is accepted, the new rate would be my internet found rate less 25% including the parking fee or if it would be my internet found rate less 25% + the original parking fee?

A couple of years ago, I submitted a LNF claim for a Pompano Beach Hotel that was accepted. Due to my local currency issues, I asked them to pay total in advance including the parking fees, so I paid the discounted rate plus the parking fees.
At the check-out, I was informed that I had a balance in favor to be credited back to my credit card, as they finally did. After leaving the hotel, I found out that said amount was the total of the parking fees that they reimbursed me.
So, it’s clear that they didn’t forget to charge me the parking fees, because they had already been paid by me.
However, I still don’t know if the reason for finally not being charged the parking fee was just because they were not charging it in general (i.e. beach hotel, off season) or because they considered that my internet rate included the parking fee.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
You need not worry. The LNF claim will be denied.

Originally Posted by carov
I wonder how the additional fees, specifically parking fees are being handled through the LNF guarantee.

My question is: if the hotel has a rate + parking fees and I submit a LNF claim that it is accepted, the new rate would be my internet found rate less 25% including the parking fee or if it would be my internet found rate less 25% + the original parking fee?

Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by htb
So what does that have to do with "Marriott Rewards rates (5% weekday and 3% weekend)"? Marriott Rewards rates are not open to the public and were not allowed for comparision (neither to nor from).

I know of one hotel in Tokyo (Sakura Tower) that is part of a different chain (Prince Hotels) that offered much better rates on the Prince Hotels' website (of course without Marriott points, and only on the Japanese language version of their website). I only got one night off from this and it was extremely difficult as the hotel apparently uses two different reservation systems and my comparison reservation never showed up in the Marriott system. I'm very sure they must have hated LNFs...

HTB.
Actually you can use the Prince Hotel website to submit a claim, Marriott approved me twice and the last submition was rejected due to 'the Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee excludes comparisons between rates available on Marriott online or voice channels with rates available on similar, official Marriott online or voice channels' Luckily the agent just changed the rate to the website rate (23k vs 28k yen).
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:11 am

I have been having an ongoing issue with getting Marriott to see the same rates that I see on one specific web site. Over the past couple of weeks, I have filed 4-5 claims with each one rejected as Marriott only see the same rate as available on marriott.com. When I go to the same web site, I can't even find the marriott.com price, only lower prices. I have tried the site on iPad and desktop with Google Chrome, Safari and IE and always get better rates than marriott.com. Fortunately, I was eventually able to find another web site to use for one of the reservations but it seems unusual that they aren't able to see what I am seeing. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by canred
I have been having an ongoing issue with getting Marriott to see the same rates that I see on one specific web site. Over the past couple of weeks, I have filed 4-5 claims with each one rejected as Marriott only see the same rate as available on marriott.com. When I go to the same web site, I can't even find the marriott.com price, only lower prices. I have tried the site on iPad and desktop with Google Chrome, Safari and IE and always get better rates than marriott.com. Fortunately, I was eventually able to find another web site to use for one of the reservations but it seems unusual that they aren't able to see what I am seeing. Any suggestions?
I wish I did. Very frustrating.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by canred
Try using VPN originating in the US - it might be IP address issue - happened to me with a site with IHG. Try to take screenshots when you reply and tell them that it's "for your reference" (these people won't approve you based on screenshots but if you show them step by step it may help).
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:45 am

Trying to sort out this tricky situation:

- Booked a Cancellable fare (policy until 1 day before the stay begins)
- Filled the claim
- Claim denied & the whole booking changed to a non-refundable fare, with credit card given only for guarantee being charged the whole stay!!

What's happening?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold
Man this is frustrating.

Twice now, I've had a claim denied because they took so many hours to respond and the competing rate went up.

Now, ALL rates have gone up across the board for my dates and that area. Close to giving up. My stay's slightly less than a month away and I have no idea if rates will fall or not.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:23 am

Rejection partially due to "spirit and integrity" of the program

I booked two stays at the same hotel in Osaka: one for one night December 12 checking out December 13. One for December 14 checking out December 20

For the night of Dec 13, I'm heading out of town to spend a night at an Onsen.

Found a lower rate on another web site for both bookings, and submitted the claims for each reservation one after the other. Got a reply a few hours later from the same rep saying not only could they not find a lower rate on the competing web site (I checked right after the rejection and the rate was still there) but also got the following message:

We must state that splitting up the reservations individually (December 12 and December 14-20), when a consecutive eight (8) night stay is imminent to create a Look No Further(SM) claim scenario, goes against the spirit and integrity of the program.

Please keep in mind comparison rates applicable to only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored per the Terms and Conditions of the Look No Further(SM) Guarantee:

---

Is what I'm doing against the terms of the program? Or was the rep unclear that there was a day in between my two stays?

Should I resubmit my claim (I'm still within the 24 hours).
Or cancel the reservations and resubmit?

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Used LNF for the first time and had great success.

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
December 14th to 16th

Marriott.com:
AAA rate: $135 (booked)
Advanced Purchase rate: $141

Travelocity (and other sites):
Advanced Purchase rate: $109'

Filed a claim explaining the difference, that I booked the AAA rate since it was cheaper than their AP rate, and that I would be happy to switch to the AP rate. Received a reply offering a nightly rate of $82, but that cancellation would not be allowed. Accepted the offer. Didn't receive a timely reply, so follow-up a day later. Received a reply that my reservation was updated. Checked it and saw the lower rate. Plus, as a bonus, it is not a pre-pay rate.

Checked this morning and the lower rate is still available on the other travel sites.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
I've been looking for about 2 months and haven't had any luck finding a lower rate. Hopefully one of my FT friends can help me out.

Hotel: Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
Dates: Dec 21st until Dec 23rd (2 nights)

Best Available Room Only Rate (Member Rate)
Dec, 21 2017 1960 HKD
Dec, 22 2017 1960 HKD

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:00 pm

Has anyone ever done a BPG LNF match to Orbitz Mobile App?

I'm seeing rates that are cheaper on the app than on the website. How can I get Marriott to match the same price?

And is the strategy to book a Marriott advanced purchase (non-rewards member) rate, and then submit a claim? I know that for SPG, it's recommended to book the rate that allows for cancellations and then price match between the cheapest rates (even if it's the advanced purchase one), but am not sure if the same strategy is used with Marriott. Hoping to book a hotel today, so if anyone can help, thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Billymadison51
I'm seeing rates that are cheaper on the app than on the website. How can I get Marriott to match the same price?

And is the strategy to book a Marriott advanced purchase (non-rewards member) rate, and then submit a claim? I know that for SPG, it's recommended to book the rate that allows for cancellations and then price match between the cheapest rates (even if it's the advanced purchase one), but am not sure if the same strategy is used with Marriott. Hoping to book a hotel today, so if anyone can help, thanks!
I would recommend only doing an advance purchase read if the terms say you can cancel within 24 hours (and then do cancel within 24 hours if you haven't heard back from the LNF team by then, because they're supposed to answer within 24 hours).

If the terms don't say you cancel within 24 hours, beware, because if your LNF claim is denied (whether for a valid reason or an invalid reason), you'll be stuck with that reservation.

Most people use the open rate that allows for cancellations, if they're going to submit an LNF.

Theoretically your Marriott rate and the third-party rate should have the same terms (cancellable vs not), but then I've rarely had to use a third-party rate that was totally uncancellable. I've used rates that had a way earlier cancellation deadline than Marriott did, but that didn't seem to matter, and in those cases I just pointed out in my LNF comments that "both rates are cancellable" without pointing out any details.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Don't book using non-refundable rate unless you are 100% sure that you are going to use the reservation. LNF rate carries the same condition as the rate you originally booked, so if the rate you booked includes breakfast then you will get breakfast with LNF rate (although it doesn't actually specified). The same goes with the cancellation terms - if the rate you booked is non-refundable then it will still remains the same condition.

I have had cases where the LNF team didn't reply until pass the 24 hours mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.