Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
I've had very good experiences with LNF but this last one they denied me even though it's a clear cut case.

Hotel: JW Marriott Marquis, Dubai
Dates: December 21, 2017 - December 27, 2017
Room Type: Sea View.
Marriott.com rate: AED 5,900 (~ US $ 1,600) for 6 nights including taxes
Hotels.Com rate: US $ 1,420 for 6 nights including taxes

Both rates are refundable.

Hotels.com has a lot of different rates for sea view rooms and Marriott LNF team keeps looking at the higher rates. Any tips?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:46 am

​​​​​​Email back. Give exact instructions. Tell them it’s the 3rd rate down or whatever it is.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Thanks. Tried it but they still declined it. I will just use a certificate from the travel package instead to book the room.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
Okay so it appears that I have experienced an interesting issue whilst checking in under my approved LNF rate.. whilst it was previously showing correct on the app prior to check-in I was advised by the hotel that the rate I was given was an error by Expedia (even though booking was direct) and I must pay the higher rate!! 75% more.

I have emailed LNF and will speak to a manager tomorrow, any advise on how to resolve this?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by Waz22
Okay so it appears that I have experienced an interesting issue whilst checking in under my approved LNF rate.. whilst it was previously showing correct on the app prior to check-in I was advised by the hotel that the rate I was given was an error by Expedia (even though booking was direct) and I must pay the higher rate!! 75% more.

I have emailed LNF and will speak to a manager tomorrow, any advise on how to resolve this?

Thanks
Did you explain what the rate actually was? It's possible that the FDC had never seen a LNF rate before...

What hotel was this at?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:27 am

Thanks
That’s a new one! I’ve had them question a rate once as he never saw that rate code before and wanted to know where I booked it. I told him Marriott and he didn’t question any further.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

Thanks
Contact LNF asap; reply to their original approval Email. Never had an issue w/ the rate before (other than front desk asking about it) but w/ breakfast included and was able to sort that out via the LNF team (they called the hotel). Otherwise, pay what they want and dispute with Marriott corp customer care ... they can sort this out.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
Originally Posted by cfischer
Contact LNF asap; reply to their original approval Email. Never had an issue w/ the rate before (other than front desk asking about it) but w/ breakfast included and was able to sort that out via the LNF team (they called the hotel). Otherwise, pay what they want and dispute with Marriott corp customer care ... they can sort this out.
Alright, so I have a bit of the update and wanted to see the resolution before posting too much. The hotel was the Courtyard Boston Copley Square, whilst I wasn’t impressed with the rate change without prior notice they did bring it up on check-in and over the last 24 hours have resolved all the issues with the LNF team and investigated the rate difference further.

i can only guess as this is a smaller hotel then any other Marriott I have stayed in, they were more surprised of the rate difference and wanted to investigate further . Following speaking to the supervisors and GM aside from the initial frustration I have been very satisfied with their approach and the overall service at this hotel and would recommend.

I did also email LNF and they contacted the hotel immediately to resolve so ultimately cannot complain about the resolution.

Thanks for all the advise.

Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:50 am

Whatever it was, I hope they compensated you suitably for all the aggravation and trouble at check in and for making you jump through the hoops for their own incompetence.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:37 am

has anybody else been having a hard time finding cheaper rates over the last month?
Any of the large aggregator sites all spit out the same rates.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by danmb280
has anybody else been having a hard time finding cheaper rates over the last month?
Any of the large aggregator sites all spit out the same rates.
This past year, I’ve been finding the same thing. It’s been increasingly more difficult. Lots of sites combining or dissolving.

That being said, my kayak alert finally came up with something today after a few months. When I clicked room was gone and only showing rates same as Marriott.

But a breakfast rate was available for less. Am currently waiting for a response to my claim now.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:26 pm

There's def less rates to be found combined with LNF actively trying everything they can to deny the claims is really annoying. Too bad we can't do anything about it but it appears the program is coming to an end as far as its usefulness is concerned.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by danmb280
There's def less rates to be found combined with LNF actively trying everything they can to deny the claims is really annoying. Too bad we can't do anything about it but it appears the program is coming to an end as far as its usefulness is concerned.
Not as easy, but certainly not impossible.

I try to be flexible with hotels in same location. If I can’t find one hotel, I’ll try another.
I keep on checking up till the date, hence I only book refundable rates as you never know when something might pop up.

Its just more work involved, but worth the savings.

Just what the future will bring with merger progressing, who knows.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
anybody have any success with japanican.com ?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: QF Gold
I have submitted my first, fingers crossed as it is a huge difference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.