Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by shly
Thanks for the advice/response.

The matter was escalated to the Team Supervisor. However, their response is that they cannot find the rate from their end which leads me to believe that the Booking.com rate could be geo-locaiton targeted. It is however publically available to Australian located users.

I have responded back stating the above and even if this is the case, the official Australian Marriott website Marriott.com.au is still more expensive than Booking.com.
As per LNF advice to me, in the comments section write exactly how you found the site such as iPhone, iPad, safari, Firefox, country etc. as this will help alleviate the back and forth emails.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Was surprised I was able to get another successful LNF claim, this time for an AC Hotel in Barcelona.

Compared against A.com, original lowest rate on Marriott site was 666++, took several back and forth emails because the Marriott rate fluctuated a lot night to night, and two nights ended up being higher by 0.50 EUR, so 4 nights adjusted to the average nightly rate of competing site for a total of 480++. Not too bad. Combined with Citi 4th night.

Have to make sure you keep an eye on what the agent does after approving, as my reservation was accidentally shortened by 2 nights.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Wow, first try at LNF and received response 13 hours later in the affirmative. Way to go Marriott! You can teach Starwood a thing or two about response times. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:51 am

New Marriott Property in Kauai - Koloa Landing. 3BR suite in June. Marriott price - 611. Expedia price - 586. Successful claim saved me almost $1,500 for an 8 night stay!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN, SPG GOLD
Booked a hotel in Beijing for a Club suite. Claim was successful.

Claim was successful. Saved me about $90 CAD per night.

Last edited by sunzi; Feb 19, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Booked a AAA rate at Marriott Inner Harbor in Baltimore for $198. Found a room hotels.com for 183. LNF claimed dropped room rate to $137.

This was my first successful LNF
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by sig05
Booked a AAA rate at Marriott Inner Harbor in Baltimore for $198. Found a room hotels.com for 183. LNF claimed dropped room rate to $137.

This was my first successful LNF
Congratulations!

And kudos to LNF for making it easy and not giving you a hard time.

I'm sure the AAA rate is lower than the standard rate, but they could have given you grief making you change to a regular and refiling. As AAA you must be a member and is not available to all as per T&C.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Congratulations!

And kudos to LNF for making it easy and not giving you a hard time.

I'm sure the AAA rate is lower than the standard rate, but they could have given you grief making you change to a regular and refiling. As AAA you must be a member and is not available to all as per T&C.
Yes, AAA rate was about $30 lower than the MR or standard rate. I was concerned they might reject the AAA rate, but the email came through about 12 hours after I submitted. Pretty nice savings for two nights.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: HH Silver
So a 3rd party website lists the room as a Double Standard. Marriott website lists it as 1 king room. I know that this hotel does not have any rooms with double beds. Should they honor it? They turned it down because they said the room description does not match, and attached this: "you will find that on their website "Double" refers to one bed. This is not a comparable room type."
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by tatterdema
So a 3rd party website lists the room as a Double Standard. Marriott website lists it as 1 king room. I know that this hotel does not have any rooms with double beds. Should they honor it? They turned it down because they said the room description does not match, and attached this: "you will find that on their website "Double" refers to one bed. This is not a comparable room type."
They are sticklers about that, I'm not sure there's anything you can do.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
I would write back and explain that the hotel does not have any double beds. In this particular hotel the room has 1 bed and that they are king size so it is same room. Or whatever case may be. Be explicit with details as possible.

A few years back I was able to get an approval same sort of thing. YMMV.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:40 am

Just starting to get into LNF BRG rates with Marriott. I'm looking at Boston a week on Saturday.... would I have been better off looking far in advance? Or do people still have success a week before their stay?

Last edited by goldencondor; Feb 25, 2017 at 7:52 am
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Just starting to get into LNF BRG rates with Marriott. I'm looking at Boston a week on Saturday.... would I have been better off looking far in advance? Or do people still have success a week before their stay?
I would say far in advance. I can't remember a single hotel stay where the price dropped a week before my stay, although most of my travel is booked 4+ weeks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Originally Posted by sig05
I would say far in advance. I can't remember a single hotel stay where the price dropped a week before my stay, although most of my travel is booked 4+ weeks in advance.
I've had success with BRGs as late as 4 days before. My last two Marriott LNFs were within a week of arrival.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I would write back and explain that the hotel does not have any double beds. In this particular hotel the room has 1 bed and that they are king size so it is same room. Or whatever case may be. Be explicit with details as possible.

A few years back I was able to get an approval same sort of thing. YMMV.
Thank you for your advice. I did as you recommended, and they approved it. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.