Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Congratulations!

But since you were able to cancel, you should have waited til you received approval on the second reservation just in case they denied you.
You never know.
Yeah, I thought about that but I think I read something in this thread where a claim was denied because of an overlapping reservation? I had a backup booked so if it didn't get approved I was ok.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

hi,

Recently did a BRG for a property in Malaysia, in my first claim, I was rejected because they did not see the lower rate, which is fine, but on the same site, I found another rate which was again lower vs on the official site. Strangely they could not find it again and my claim was rejected.
On both occasion, I checked the competing site and indeed those rates are gone - which really made me now suspicious if behind the background they request the competing site to pull the rate out. The reason for this is because the property is not in a popular city and it's not during the weekend where I know this property will be more busy.

anyway...first time I felt this with the BRG team after so many claims.

Cheers!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by nldogbert
hi,

Recently did a BRG for a property in Malaysia, in my first claim, I was rejected because they did not see the lower rate, which is fine, but on the same site, I found another rate which was again lower vs on the official site. Strangely they could not find it again and my claim was rejected.
On both occasion, I checked the competing site and indeed those rates are gone - which really made me now suspicious if behind the background they request the competing site to pull the rate out. The reason for this is because the property is not in a popular city and it's not during the weekend where I know this property will be more busy.

anyway...first time I felt this with the BRG team after so many claims.

Cheers!
This happened to me numerous times - these claims normally takes about 20-23 hours to get a deny and saying that the rate is no longer available. They are indeed correct - the rates WERE there but not anymore.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Can you submit a claim for multiple rooms? If so, do you book them as two separate reservations and submit two claims or book them on one reservation and submit one claim?

I looked through the FAQ and didn't see an answer, so my apologies if I missed it.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Can you submit a claim for multiple rooms? If so, do you book them as two separate reservations and submit two claims or book them on one reservation and submit one claim?

I looked through the FAQ and didn't see an answer, so my apologies if I missed it.
I've done it both ways.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
I've got a situation. I got a partial LNF rate for Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. The Marriott rates are:
22-Jun $192.00
23-Jun $240.00
24-Jun $308.00
25-Jun $272.00
Total: $1,012.00

The comparison site doesn't give a night by night breakdown, instead shows a total price of $887.81 which is an average of $221.95/nt.

So the LNF rate was granted for only Jun 23-Jun 25 since Jun 22 is $192 and lower than the average of the comparison rate. The LNF rate granted was $166.46 for those nights for a total reservation cost of $691.38 instead of $665.86.

BTW, it doesn't work to check the pricing of an individual night. There's some extra discount being applied based on the dates or number of nights chosen.

This is unfair because clearly every night is a different price so it is an unfair assertion that the Jun 22 is cheaper on Marriott.com. Should I appeal this and under what grounds or should I be happy with what I got?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
I would just make individual reservations.

Never waste your time to argue those human robots.

Originally Posted by azmojo
I've got a situation. I got a partial LNF rate for Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. The Marriott rates are:
22-Jun $192.00
23-Jun $240.00
24-Jun $308.00
25-Jun $272.00

The comparison site doesn't give a night by night breakdown, instead shows a total price of $887.81 which is an average of $221.95/nt.

So the LNF rate was granted for only Jun 23-Jun 25 since Jun 22 is $192 and lower than the average of the comparison rate. The LNF rate granted was $166.46 for those nights for a total reservation cost of $691.38 instead of $665.86.

BTW, it doesn't work to check the pricing of an individual night. There's some extra discount being applied based on the dates or number of nights chosen.

This is unfair because clearly every night is a different price so it is an unfair assertion that the Jun 22 is cheaper on Marriott.com. Should I appeal this and under what grounds or should I be happy with what I got?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:01 am

[QUOTE=azmojo;27844538]I've got a situation. I got a partial LNF rate for Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. The Marriott rates are:
22-Jun $192.00
23-Jun $240.00
24-Jun $308.00
25-Jun $272.00

This is unfair because clearly every night is a different price so it is an unfair assertion that the Jun 22 is cheaper on Marriott.com. Should I appeal this and under what grounds or should I be happy with what I got?[/QUOTE

Check your comparison site. Depending on which one sometimes if you click somewhere it does break it up.

I would also try to find a different site that breaks it up and has a lower rate and email back asking them to check it out.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Check your comparison site. Depending on which one sometimes if you click somewhere it does break it up.

I would also try to find a different site that breaks it up and has a lower rate and email back asking them to check it out.
Believe me I looked and double looked for a breakdown. Don't think I'll be able to find lower rates.

***UPDATE: Amazingly, I did find a site with lower rates and all night prices broken out. I got Marriott to revise the LNF rate further!

Last edited by azmojo; Jan 31, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:16 pm

Thumbs down LNF Denied

I am getting extremely frustrated with the LNF as well as customer service.

It pains me that the customer service agents are either clueless or perhaps I am just misled to believe by this LNF guarantees.

Anyway, Booking.com has my hotel with a total of USD1,583 including tax. Total including tax on Marriott website is USD2,075 for the same room with identical rate policy; which is advance pre-payment, non-refundable (well in Marriott case, 24 hours). Also on the Marriott website has another lower rate at US1,864 which is a Stay Longer Promotion and refundable which Booking.com does not have.

So I booked the identical room rate policy on Marriott and submitted a claim. First claim, a clueless customer service said he has adjusted my rates but only changed 3 nights out of the 6 nights that I booked. It worked out to USD1,752. Still more expensive than Booking.com.

I replied stating that and got a reply back saying my claim is denied because she (new agent) could not find the rate. I replied back with screenshots from both my laptop and phone. However, it was approaching 24 hours so I proceeded to cancel this booking to avoid being unable to cancel.

I re-book at the same rate and re-submitted another claim. This time another lady replied stating she is denying me the rate because I did not book the lowest available rate on Marriott.com which is USD1,864.

What the?

I have now replied stating that even if I did book the lowest rate, your rate is still more expensive than Booking.com by over USD300! Moreover, this rate is more expensive than the original adjusted rate her colleague gave me.

I would have expected to get 25% off the total price from Booking.com but this has now become such a pain to me.

Furthermore, I have been charged USD2075 for the initial booking and unsure if they are refunding this.

Should I just go with Booking.com? I am a gold and don't really care about the reward nights but more into having breakfast. Will they honour breakfast if I do not book directly?

Never knew that booking directly is such a hassle and time wasting exercise.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:58 pm

I think you just need to keep trying but you have to realize that their guidelines appear to be evaluating the reservations not on the price of the entire stay but on an per-night basis. And as incredible as it sounds, when per-night pricing is not determinable, they seem to use the average price per night for the comparison which is usually doesn't work out if you have a situation where the weekends cost much more than the weekdays, for example.

That's why I believe they rightly declined your claim when you did not book the lower amount because they don't have the per-night rate to compare. Although you'd think they could obtain those rates pretty easily, part of the deal (game) is that the CUSTOMER has to book it correctly to get the discounted rate. Although they could have a friendlier system I understand their approach to be sticklers for the details in exchange for significant discounts.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by azmojo
I think you just need to keep trying but you have to realize that their guidelines appear to be evaluating the reservations not on the price of the entire stay but on an per-night basis. And as incredible as it sounds, when per-night pricing is not determinable, they seem to use the average price per night for the comparison which is usually doesn't work out if you have a situation where the weekends cost much more than the weekdays, for example.

That's why I believe they rightly declined your claim when you did not book the lower amount because they don't have the per-night rate to compare. Although you'd think they could obtain those rates pretty easily, part of the deal (game) is that the CUSTOMER has to book it correctly to get the discounted rate. Although they could have a friendlier system I understand their approach to be sticklers for the details in exchange for significant discounts.
Thanks for the advice/response.

The matter was escalated to the Team Supervisor. However, their response is that they cannot find the rate from their end which leads me to believe that the Booking.com rate could be geo-locaiton targeted. It is however publically available to Australian located users.

I have responded back stating the above and even if this is the case, the official Australian Marriott website Marriott.com.au is still more expensive than Booking.com.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I failed in getting LNF rate for the last booking but I managed to get it this time for Renaissance Bangkok for April this year. Used kayak as a comparison site and found a lower rate at another booking site. Booking was in THB and comparison site quoted USD which was a few dollars lower when converting the original THB booking into USD.

Submitted it last night and just received a reply this afternoon and they are honouring the lower rate plus 25% discount. Pretty generous when they honour it. Saving around USD35 a night plus which is essentially getting a free night out of a 5 night stay, and am getting a cash back via topcashback.

Last edited by Lonsinla; Feb 14, 2017 at 8:48 pm
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:35 pm

Has anyone tried to get an LNF with GetSnapTravel.com? This website will only text you the hotel price along with a link that goes to a website to reserve the room. Was wondering if they would exempt them because the rates come by text? Or would you just give them the booking link? Would the LNF agents be able to get a text and verify the rate? I just know they are real persnickety with details like this, curious if anyone has tried it or a similar site (assuming their rates are lower).
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:25 am

First Time Best Rate

I booked a week at the Ritz Carlton in Cancun, best rate on their website was $325 per night plus taxes. I found a rate on Kayak for £229 inc VAT. I first put my rate to challenge and it was rejected due to them being unable to locate. I have since learnt (this might have been covered already) that they can access the long links, so all you need to put in is www.kayak.co.uk . following the re-submission, my rate was found and beaten by the 25%. Therefore my nightly rate is $180 per night! only thing they did was take away the $50 a night resort credit as this wasn't included in the rate i found.

I was unsure that they would ever price match! i'll be trying it more often now! ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.