Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 6:27 am

Finally

It took them so long to answer my husband back, that the rate changed.

In our favor!
Old May 29, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
It took them so long to answer my husband back, that the rate changed.

In our favor!
^
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Kudos to Marriott for having a BRG which lacks the number of restrictions that Hyatt's has.

Just used LNF to book the Renaissance Lucerne for 2 nights with the Stay for Breakfast rate. Marriott.com was $335 CHF per night, Booking.com was $275 CHF per night, ended up paying $206.25 CHF per night.

Only took 3 hours to receive approval.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Anyone have experience with Marriott matching a rate from amoma.com? Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:02 pm
KRS

Advance purchase

In the past I have had no problem successfully claiming with the Advance Purchase rate; however I have always used the one that is refundable for 1 day/24 hours after booking in case the claim is rejected so I am not locked in.

I have now (last 2 days) tried the same claim a couple times for a hotel but both times the claim has been declined because the comparison rate does not allow the "24 hour cooling off" period; for instance they charge $40 to cancel after booking, and the full amount if cancelling closer to the stay date, while Marriott allows the cancel within 1 day without penalty.

Have I been unlucky with the agent lately, lucky in the past perhaps, or has there been a shift in how these claims are evaluated?

Also, does Marriott not anyway offer a leeway of 1 day when considering cancellation policies for the sake of LNF, or do I have this mixed up with another BRG program?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by KRS
In the past I have had no problem successfully claiming with the Advance Purchase rate; however I have always used the one that is refundable for 1 day/24 hours after booking in case the claim is rejected so I am not locked in.

I have now (last 2 days) tried the same claim a couple times for a hotel but both times the claim has been declined because the comparison rate does not allow the "24 hour cooling off" period; for instance they charge $40 to cancel after booking, and the full amount if cancelling closer to the stay date, while Marriott allows the cancel within 1 day without penalty.

Have I been unlucky with the agent lately, lucky in the past perhaps, or has there been a shift in how these claims are evaluated?

Also, does Marriott not anyway offer a leeway of 1 day when considering cancellation policies for the sake of LNF, or do I have this mixed up with another BRG program?
I think Marriott has a list of hotels that don't allow BRG - no matter how hard I try they always denied byvarious bogus reasons. I have seen rate that doesn't allow 24 hours cancellation. My experience with Marriott is that they have a list of "safe" sites that will almost guarantee approval: booking.com, kayak etc. (those big ones). If you are using some smaller sites, then your chance of getting through is smaller, not always successful but they might turn you down by various reasons.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:36 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by KRS
(...)

Originally Posted by nacho
I think Marriott has a list of hotels that don't allow BRG - no matter how hard I try they always denied byvarious bogus reasons. I have seen rate that doesn't allow 24 hours cancellation. My experience with Marriott is that they have a list of "safe" sites that will almost guarantee approval: booking.com, kayak etc. (those big ones). If you are using some smaller sites, then your chance of getting through is smaller, not always successful but they might turn you down by various reasons.
I finally managed to get an approved claim for this property; though I also found and submitted for a site with better cancellation terms than marriott.com. Still wondering about my 2nd question; does anyone know?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
To me it seems that it that particular agent made up his own rules. I have one used a flex rate against a flex rate and was told to book the prepaid Marriott rate as it's the lowest rate (he let me through as a one time courtesy).

Marriott doesn't give out 1 day leeway for all prepaid rates - they follow strictly on the actual rate rule you booked. Some hotels offer 24 hours cancellation and some don't. That's why I don't dare to try the prepaid rate unless I'm very sure I can get it - plus you might run into trouble if you are trying to cancel it because the original rate rules applies even though LNF rate doesn't say that.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I used the LNF guarantee many times over the past few years. Now a quick question since these new member rates are now showing up. Do I have to find rates cheaper than the member rates in order to qualify or do I still use the cheapest "regular rate"? According to my understanding of the rules, member rates can not be used as comparison rates because those are private rates. Am I interpreting their wordage correctly?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz
I used the LNF guarantee many times over the past few years. Now a quick question since these new member rates are now showing up. Do I have to find rates cheaper than the member rates in order to qualify or do I still use the cheapest "regular rate"? According to my understanding of the rules, member rates can not be used as comparison rates because those are private rates. Am I interpreting their wordage correctly?
That's how I interpret it. I have only been using the regular rates to file my claims.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Hold, SkyTeam Elite, Star Alliance Gold, One World Shappire
Hello,
I have a really good opinion on Look No Further and I successfully applied at Boscolo Autograph Budapest (127€ instead 150€ per night, new rate 100€ aprox) JW Marriott Bangkok (135€ instead 145€, new rate 105 aprox)€ and Renaissance Bangkok (115€ instead 127€ new rate aprox. 87€).

I have just a question: can I modify a reservation with this rate? because I need to "delete" the first night but if I edit the reservation on the website, I receive a change of rates.
For better explanation this is what I booked
26 july - 29 july, look no further rate, 100€/night, 300€ total with taxes.
now I need to cancel the first night so the new reservation should be
27 july - 29 july, but I cannot reserve again the discounted rate and this warning showed
"We're sorry. Your current rate and room types are not available for your new dates".
How can I modify the reservation? Of course the reservation is flexible with no charges until 26 july. Have I to contact Marriott?
Thanks to everyone will help me
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Marco Vigini
Hello,
I have a really good opinion on Look No Further and I successfully applied at Boscolo Autograph Budapest (127€ instead 150€ per night, new rate 100€ aprox) JW Marriott Bangkok (135€ instead 145€, new rate 105 aprox)€ and Renaissance Bangkok (115€ instead 127€ new rate aprox. 87€).

I have just a question: can I modify a reservation with this rate? because I need to "delete" the first night but if I edit the reservation on the website, I receive a change of rates.
For better explanation this is what I booked
26 july - 29 july, look no further rate, 100€/night, 300€ total with taxes.
now I need to cancel the first night so the new reservation should be
27 july - 29 july, but I cannot reserve again the discounted rate and this warning showed
"We're sorry. Your current rate and room types are not available for your new dates".
How can I modify the reservation? Of course the reservation is flexible with no charges until 26 july. Have I to contact Marriott?
Thanks to everyone will help me
It depends. If it was a special rate contingent on a minimum number of nights booked for example a 3 night stay has lower rates than 2 nights than you might be out of luck. Not sure but I also think LNF reservations can only be cancelled but not changed.

But that being said, people have had luck calling the hotel directly to change the reservations. The one time I had to change I called Marriott reservations and they wouldn't change. I then called Marriott customer care and they were able to drop one day from my reservation.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Hold, SkyTeam Elite, Star Alliance Gold, One World Shappire
thanks for your reply. I will contact Marriott in my country, then I will send an email.
I think this is not really right since they didn't warn you.. I will let you know
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Marco Vigini
thanks for your reply. I will contact Marriott in my country, then I will send an email.
I think this is not really right since they didn't warn you.. I will let you know
But it does state on your reservations "Modifying Your Reservations". Please note a change in length or dates may result in a rate change.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:14 pm

Filing a Claim

I just noticed that you can also file a claim over the phone. Has anyone done that and how does it work? Is it quicker, easier, better than those back and forth emails?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.