Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:52 pm

I wouldn't mind if the 1k would get Marriott Platinum if the Marriot ambassedors receive United Gold.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fabge
I wouldn't mind if the 1k would get Marriott Platinum if the Marriot ambassedors receive United Gold.
100% agree. Had this discussion already. No incentive for Marriott Elites to strive for Platinum Premiere for UA Silver. Now that UA Gold & higher will have New Marriott Gold in 2019 the program is much better balanced in benefits. Happy to see. It may keep me loyal to Marriott. Of course that still hinges on how the new program really looks & feels after August 18th.

James
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I just linked my Marriott and United accounts and am eligible for United Silver status. Never had status with United, rarely fly United, know very little about their program (other than used credit card bonus to redeem for a free flight to Italy last year). We're looking at Christmas flights and one option is United. If my wife and I are on the same record locator do we both get to check a bag for free with Silver status? What I saw when I linked the accounts said ~I~ get to check one bag for free. Thanks.

Guess I need to change my sig.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I just linked my Marriott and United accounts and am eligible for United Silver status. Never had status with United, rarely fly United, know very little about their program (other than used credit card bonus to redeem for a free flight to Italy last year). We're looking at Christmas flights and one option is United. If my wife and I are on the same record locator do we both get to check a bag for free with Silver status? What I saw when I linked the accounts said ~I~ get to check one bag for free. Thanks.

Whenever I've had companions on the same PNR they've gotten my baggage allowance as a UA Silver matched from Marriott old plat/new premier plat (75 night level).

I do have the United credit card, which gives 1 bag for you + 1 bag for a companion, but I've had PNRs with 4 people on it and they all get 1 checked bag free domestically (which comes from the status instead of the credit card benefit).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:45 am

Yes, United Silver allows you and one companion on the same itinerary a free checked bag each. Your companion will also get a free economy plus seat at check in.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Gold
does Marriott silver elite=UA silver?

I was going to try to do this but both sites shown in the wiki are down for maintenance until Aug. 24. I have Silver Elite stars now with Marriott after my SPG points moved over. Will this get me Silver with UA?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by susiesan
I was going to try to do this but both sites shown in the wiki are down for maintenance until Aug. 24. I have Silver Elite stars now with Marriott after my SPG points moved over. Will this get me Silver with UA?
No, Marriott Silver qualifies you for a room facing the busiest street the property has. Certainly not United Silver...sorry
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:19 am

Quick Q, if we are now matched to United Silver. How many miles do I need to get Gold? Also, is the Silver 'permanent' as long as you are Premier in Marriott or is it a one time thing?

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Quick Q, if we are now matched to United Silver. How many miles do I need to get Gold? Also, is the Silver 'permanent' as long as you are Premier in Marriott or is it a one time thing?

Thanks
Dont know about gold, but you have to requalify each year and reregister.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
You'll need 50k miles plus $6k in spend.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I thought I had previously linked to United to get Silver... but when I checked again it said I had not. So I re-registered with my new SPG/ Marriott number. I am pretty sure I registered before so people might want to re-register just in case.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
FWIW, a week after my post (#1054, above) I had one of my rare (twice a year) United flights. My wife and I traveled together on the same record locator on a single leg, one way flight. I checked in on line the day before we flew and not only did my status show Premier Silver, but we had both been upgraded to first class. Nice!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Platinum Elite trying to get United Silver

I signed up last month for Marriott Rewards Plus to get United Silver Status. However, I have not even received one email on this. There seems to be no contact info for the Rewards Plus folks. Has anyone else has any luck with this. I am flying tomorrow on United and want to take advantage of this bennifit.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Post-merger, I believe you need Platinum Premier to get UA silver.
SPN Lifer and Alexflyer like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Great. Let's assume that is true, what would be the steps then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.