Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by dnotes
Conversely, I'm hoping the UAL plat & 1Ks get something more than just the devalued Marriott Gold but not holding my breath.
Yes, I would also advise not holding one’s breath on this hope.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:47 am

Disappointed that United platinum won't get lounge/breakfast at Marriott after the change. That benefit was the only reason I chose Marriott properties for both business and leisure travel. Guess I'll burn my points, get rid of their credit card, and stay at Hilton hotels whenever practical.
vsevolod4 and dinoscool3 like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
From todays's post: https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....status-update/

There’s an update there. Nights earned will determine status in the new program, but not linking accounts. This means that SPG Gold members who earned Marriott Gold from linking accounts will not receive Marriott Platinum status come August. However, United RewardsPlus members would earn Marriott Platinum status, since they didn’t earn the status by linking their SPG account.
vsevolod4 likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:21 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by tomwhom

There’s an update there. Nights earned will determine status in the new program, but not linking accounts. This means that SPG Gold members who earned Marriott Gold from linking accounts will not receive Marriott Platinum status come August. However, United RewardsPlus members would earn Marriott Platinum status, since they didn’t earn the status by linking their SPG account.
Gifted status vs Earned status.... makes sense to me...
Old May 10, 2018, 2:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by phltraveler
The problem is that United doesn't apply the CC benefits unless the amount is wholly charged to the card.
The only Chase UA card benefit that requires you to charge your ticket to the card is the free bag.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tomwhom

This is not really news, as it was clear for some weeks as far as i know. SPG members are excluded, but United status customers will be converted to Plat for about 5 months.

owever there's still no official update on what happens after January 2019. Some blogs do post, that UA Gold, Plat and 1K will convert to new Marriott Gold as a huge downgrade from now. But Marriott itself did not confirm that yet.
vsevolod4 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:37 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Can I transfer Marriott points to United miles to a friend's account, rather than my account? Or can the miles only go to my linked UA account?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I had linked my UA Gold and SPG Gold memberships to Marriott. The SPG Gold is what triggered my Marriott Gold status. I wish, however, that my UA Gold had triggered Marriott Gold, which would stay valid after Aug 1. Problem is that my UA Gold status has now expired. Is there any way I can keep MR Gold through the rest of 2018?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
The only Chase UA card benefit that requires you to charge your ticket to the card is the free bag.
There is also trip cancellation and travel accident insurance.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Come on United, give Gold to Marriott Platinum Premier Elites in the new program !
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:18 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Come on United, give Gold to Marriott Platinum Premier Elites in the new program !
I with you on this... however I think they are holding out to see how many people will qualify for it in the merged program for 2019.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Smile

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
That means UA lifetime Gold for LTPPE statusholder,right? :-)
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:49 am
t1c

Originally Posted by Jaenks
That means UA lifetime Gold for LTPPE statusholder,right? :-)
Wishful thinking....its an annual agreement that either renews or it does not.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:28 am

Marriott Platinum here, went to link my United account to get Silver status, only to realize that the account names don't match. My United account has my middle name, whereas my Marriott account does not. How do I sync them?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:37 am
t1c

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Marriott Platinum here, went to link my United account to get Silver status, only to realize that the account names don't match. My United account has my middle name, whereas my Marriott account does not. How do I sync them?
You will need to call in and have them change it... I have had problems like this on my other accounts. It can be very time consuming...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.