Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
You will need to call in and have them change it... I have had problems like this on my other accounts. It can be very time consuming...
Thanks t1c, I was afraid of that. Do I call United or Marriott to fix it?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:07 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks t1c, I was afraid of that. Do I call United or Marriott to fix it?
Personally I would call both. They both have departments that work strictly on partnerships. They should speak to each other however they don't do it well. Again I would call both just to be safe.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:00 pm

I called Marriott to order hotel + air package (Ritz Tier 1-3, United). I was informed that it's only going to be 120k United miles now as the code for 132k is no longer there.
On my marriott.com profile, it's showing Rewards Certificate 7 Nights at a Tier 1-3 hotel and up to 120,000 frequent flyer miles or Rapid Rewards Points - 420,000 Points

I got an email

Reward Details

• Description: 7 Nights, Tier 1-3 Package
  • Reward certificate number:
  • Reward code: 830P
  • Valid through: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
  • Total points redeemed: 420,000
  • Confirmed on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by katiedonut
I called Marriott to order hotel + air package (Ritz Tier 1-3, United). I was informed that it's only going to be 120k United miles now as the code for 132k is no longer there.
On my marriott.com profile, it's showing Rewards Certificate 7 Nights at a Tier 1-3 hotel and up to 120,000 frequent flyer miles or Rapid Rewards Points - 420,000 Points

I got an email

Reward Details

Online still shows 132000p for UA

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
Yes and I told Marriott CSR and her supervisor, they both saw the site but still told me the code for 10% bonus is no longer available.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Yes and I told Marriott CSR and her supervisor, they both saw the site but still told me the code for 10% bonus is no longer available.

How odd, did they escalate the issue within or did they just indicate too bad
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:15 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
What? that's crazy?...I hope that's a glitch.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
How odd, did they escalate the issue within or did they just indicate too bad
They didn't want to escalate and told me that's how it's gonna be... no 10% bonus for United. I complained to Marriott on Twitter, we'll see if they respond at all.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:28 pm

It doesn't speak well of Marriott at all if they won't honor their own offers!

Please keep us posted on developments.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Counsellor
It doesn't speak well of Marriott at all if they won't honor their own offers!
But consistent with the ongoing cs meltdown.

Program is fine . . . so long as you can do everything you need to do online. Otherwise it's a dumpster fire.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
There is a Rewards Plus offer on the United website that offered me 1000 miles for each stay at Marriott while flying United if I used the Rewards Plus link to book the Marriott hotel stay. Then there is also a 500 mile bonus for Gold and Platinum MR members.

How long does it take these miles to post? The terms and conditions say 6 - 8 weeks. Does it really take that long? Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots

I got an emailReward Details

HUCA HUCA HUCA !

until you get a comptent agent.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
There is a Rewards Plus offer on the United website that offered me 1000 miles for each stay at Marriott while flying United if I used the Rewards Plus link to book the Marriott hotel stay. Then there is also a 500 mile bonus for Gold and Platinum MR members.

How long does it take these miles to post? The terms and conditions say 6 - 8 weeks. Does it really take that long? Thanks.

Well good news, even tho Marriott CSR told me I was only getting 120k United miles cause 10% bonus code wasn't there and this was on my profile
Rewards Certificate 7 Nights at a Tier 1-3 hotel and up to 120,000 frequent flyer miles or Rapid Rewards Points - 420,000 Points
I did receive United 132k miles (10% bonus) as of today (only took 2 days for transfer)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Well good news, even tho Marriott CSR told me I was only getting 120k United miles cause 10% bonus code wasn't there and this was on my profile
Rewards Certificate 7 Nights at a Tier 1-3 hotel and up to 120,000 frequent flyer miles or Rapid Rewards Points - 420,000 Points
I did receive United 132k miles (10% bonus) as of today (only took 2 days for transfer)
Congrats.

A quick question. Is there a special number to call to redeem the travel air package? Should I just call the regular CS?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by naumank

Congrats.

A quick question. Is there a special number to call to redeem the travel air package? Should I just call the regular CS?
You should prob call the # listed on the Marriott air & hotel page.
I called my elite number and I was transferred THREE times before I got to the right person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.