Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Looks like the online system actually works. Hit Marriott Platinum yesterday, and my United account now shows Premier Silver as of this morning.

UA's website does say that it still has to verify my status with Marriott. I assume this means that I can't actually use PS until the verification is complete?

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Feb 9, 2017 at 7:18 am
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Last week when my UA status dropped from Gold to basic (I'd been 1K for many years but was flying UA less and less), I decided to parlay my Marriott Platinum status to claim UA Silver status. Checked my UA account yesterday and saw I was now MP Silver. However, when I looked at the e-card it showed "Trial Status" where the expiry date would normally be. Checking the UA forum/status match thread, I see this is the temporary status given for those dong Challenges. Is this normally how the Marriott/UA reciprocal status is displayed?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Last week when my UA status dropped from Gold to basic (I'd been 1K for many years but was flying UA less and less), I decided to parlay my Marriott Platinum status to claim UA Silver status. Checked my UA account yesterday and saw I was now MP Silver. However, when I looked at the e-card it showed "Trial Status" where the expiry date would normally be. Checking the UA forum/status match thread, I see this is the temporary status given for those dong Challenges. Is this normally how the Marriott/UA reciprocal status is displayed?
That's how mine looks. I think it's that way because you could theoretically lose platinum any time, depending on how you got it.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:14 am

MR Plat und UA Silver in February

The UA Silver trial status is a result of a mismatch in status eligibility duration between Marriott and United.

UA gives you a max. 13 month period which ends in January whereas Marriott gives you a maximum of 14 months in a status level ending each year in February.

In February Marriott will make decisions on which status an account will have for the coming year. Therefore, UA will not know about a MR Plats definite status before the end of February.

So UA puts all MR Plats that are UA Silver only by virtue of their MR Plat status on "trial" Silver in February.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the clarification, guess it will lock in next month.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:09 am

How often does the 20% bonus for transferring MR to UA miles come around?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
How often does the 20% bonus for transferring MR to UA miles come around?
From what I remember 2x a year.

Last time was around October. I think next is around April.

Sorry, not 100% sure.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
From what I remember 2x a year.

Last time was around October. I think next is around April.

Sorry, not 100% sure.
Nice thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:30 pm

Nice thanks!
FYI.

That 20% bonus last October/November was up to 20,000 miles. The previous one was up to 25,000 miles.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:00 pm
kkl

The only problem is the offer is valid once during the promotional period
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

FYI.

That 20% bonus last October/November was up to 20,000 miles. The previous one was up to 25,000 miles.
Very helpful, thanks.
I hope the next bonus allows up to a bonus of 30000!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:53 pm

Very helpful, thanks.
I hope the next bonus allows up to a bonus of 30000!
And I looked back, and there was one where it was only 10,000.

Let's hope they at least have another one.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:23 pm

And I looked back, and there was one where it was only 10,000.

Let's hope they at least have another one.
Precedent is on our side. With only 10k extra I might just hold off. I'm not in any rush to get the miles.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:42 pm

i'll add this to the wiki, as i think it's an important data point for anyone in the 'pending' stage. it CAN be expedited:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.

happy and impressed.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just posted this in the UA thread but as an FYI, I just received my UA Silver packet in the mail yesterday with an insert indicating it was via the RewardsPlus program.

Completely forgot the program year ended on January 31 to be honest, it has stayed constant in my online profile and I didn't even think about that fact until now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.