Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 8:41 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by melroseman
Saw the American Airlines bonus transfer miles has come back this year. Anyone have an educated guess as to when the United 25% bonus will resurface?
You never know about these... they just come and go at random.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
It seems to be 10% now - does one have to utilize the miles transferred to UA at the same time of the hotel award reservation?
Old May 7, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Nope. Marriott transfers the miles to UA and does not know nor care when you use them.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:11 pm

Hi guys, how long does it take for UA status to be updated after submitting the Marriott Plat info? The website says 7-10 days. Just wanted to know if it's usually sooner than that.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
about 3 business days,and 3 weeks for the card to arrive in postal mail.

Last edited by Jiatong; May 9, 2017 at 5:16 am Reason: spl
Old May 10, 2017, 10:06 pm
kkl

How do you link your marriott account with united?

cant seem to find the link
Old May 10, 2017, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kkl
How do you link your marriott account with united?
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...lus/index.html
Old May 11, 2017, 2:31 am

Does anybody know if you can match to ua silver while still completing platinum status match?
Old May 11, 2017, 3:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by karstenth
Does anybody know if you can match to ua silver while still completing platinum status match?
You cannot.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:42 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by tiberius
Just conversion of points. I spoke with Marriott yesterday, they said will look into it and call me back.

So after a couple more phone calls, I finally spoke with someone who was able to ask their team to force them through. The force through method post miles with 15 mins of asking.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Marriott to United Transfer

Anyone have experience transferring points and know how long it usually takes? Marriott's website says 6 weeks but obviously looking to book a flight in the short term!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:44 pm
alc

Originally Posted by mimo123
Anyone have experience transferring points and know how long it usually takes? Marriott's website says 6 weeks but obviously looking to book a flight in the short term!
Done it a few times and from what I recall, with-in 24 hours.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
my experience was also around 24 hrs.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:36 pm

Can you transfer more than 50K Marriott Points to United

Hi Flyer Friends,

Is there a max number of Marriott Points that you can convert to United per account in a calendar year?

I would like to send 152,000 Starwood points to Marriott = 456,000 Marriott points. I would like to take the 456,000 Marriott points and transfer to United to get 200,000 United points...

I don't think there is a max number you can exceed Starwood to Marriott....

I need the UA points to book Turkish Air Saver business class to Maldives for next Feb when it is freezing in NYC

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Cory
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:25 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk Cory!

Originally Posted by Cory Kallio Orchin
Hi Flyer Friends,

Is there a max number of Marriott Points that you can convert to United per account in a calendar year?
I don't think there is a max number you can exceed Starwood to Marriott....
No, there isn't.

I would like to send 152,000 Starwood points to Marriott = 456,000 Marriott points. I would like to take the 456,000 Marriott points and transfer to United to get 200,000 United points...
In your place, I would first purchase a Cat. 5 travel certificate. This gives you 7 nights at a Marriott Cat. 5 hotel and 132,000 United MileagePlus Miles for 270,000 Marriott Rewards points.

If you don't want to inject any cash into this, then you can transfer 112k MR points and another 56 MR points to United giving you an additional 75k miles.
This way, you end up with 207k United miles, 18k MR points and 7 free nights in a Cat. 5 Marriott hotel. The certificate will be good for redemption for 12 months after it was created.

If you were to purchase additional SPG points with the current promo, you could purchase 28k SPG points for $637. You could then convert these 28k SPG points to 84k Marriott points, giving you 540k MR points total.
These could be converted into two Cat. 5 certificates, giving you 264k UA miles and 2x7 free nights at Marriott Cat. 5 properties. So essentially, you are buying 57k UA miles and a free week at a hotel for $637.

I need the UA points to book Turkish Air Saver business class to Maldives for next Feb when it is freezing in NYC

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Cory
Enjoy your vacation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.