Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I currently in the property and according to the information on the phone in my room the e-mail is [email protected].
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

try this. I got it from front desk when I wanted to send an email to manager.
But I never got a reply though.

[email protected]
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, AmEx Platinum Card, SPG Platinum
Dubai Marriotts

Does anyone know if the JW Marquis hotel actually opened yet? Earlier reports suggest November, but then I read recently it was December. The hotel website says Q4-2012. I can make reservations for my dates, but worried that closer to the dates (last week of December) if the hotel isnt open, I might get screwed. Thoughts?

On a related note, the three hotels in Dubai I am looking at are: JW Marriott Hotel Dubai, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, Dubai Marriott Harbor Hotel and Suites.

ANy thoughts from the group here as to which one I should go for?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm in the same situation. I've got 5 nights booked from 27th December. I've got both the JW Marriott and the Marquis booked. I'll cancel the former one I'm sure the latter is open.

I've stayed at the JW many times. It's in an older part of town quite close to the airport. It's a nice hotel, with a good lounge. It's a bit dated, but I like it.

The Marquis is close to the Burj Khaleefa, and the Dubai mall. About 20 minutes from the airport. This will probably the best place to base yourself, as you can get to all the sights very easily.

The Harbour hotel is further out still, probably about 35 minutes from the airport.

Note that taxis in Dubai are very cheap, and the traffic situation is a lot better than it was a few years ago.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I received an email the other day that says the hotel is now open.

Why don't you just call Marriott instead...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Thumbs up JW Marriott Dubai

Hotel is a good place to stay for downtown.
Lots of businessmen, not really for the beach tourist.
Nice mall at walking distance (City mall)
Subway next to the hotel
Service is good, nice frontoffice service and good food.
Breakfast is expensive (120 AED)
Airport at 5 minutes by taxi.
Rooms are nice and big.

Dubai is a great city with friendly people.

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:09 am
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smile

Thanks everybody.

I had a great stay in the hotel.

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:10 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: DAL DM, Marriott-PP
The new JW Marriott Marquis hotel is open and is very nice. I am staying here now on a rewards stay. As a PP they put me into a very nice corner suite. The hotel is not fully open yet, with several of the restaurants not open and more importantly the exec lounge will not open until at least January which is my only major complaint. The hotel is doing their best to make up for that. The staff is great and have responded quickly with the couple of small issues I have had. Give them a couple of months to work everything out and this is going to be a fantastic hotel

Hotel location is very good, except that none of the taxis in the city know where the place is. Tell them it is behind Dnata. You are right next to the business bay metro stop - 5 minute walk max, The only pain is if you are driving and trying to get on SZ road headed towards Marina as you have to go 2 miles towards Dubai mall before you can get turned around.

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I received an email the other day that says the hotel is now open.

Why don't you just call Marriott instead...

Last edited by FasterFlyer; Nov 23, 2012 at 5:22 am
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
What is the outdoor pool are like?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by FasterFlyer
more importantly the exec lounge will not open until at least January which is my only major complaint. The hotel is doing their best to make up for that.
Are they providing breakfast in the restaurant instead? Is it 7days/week? When the lounge opens, will it be open daily? Any info appreciated so I can update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:24 am

The pool is on the 7th floor facing the gulf, which means it will be in shadow of the building most of the day. It is, however, an amazing deck area, great pool, great lounging area. The restaurant here is also not open yet.

The gym is among the best I have seen at any hotel

Originally Posted by johnaalex
What is the outdoor pool are like?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:27 am

They are providing free breakfast for me in the French restaurant, La Farine. This is not a buffet, but a regular restaurant. The food is outstanding, but spendy if you were paying. Try the caramel banana crepes. As good as any I have had in Paris.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Are they providing breakfast in the restaurant instead? Is it 7days/week? When the lounge opens, will it be open daily? Any info appreciated so I can update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Platinum Prem (Life Plat), Hilton Diamond, A Club
Marriott Marquis Dubai

When I checked out of the Marquis on Friday I was told that the Executive Lounge will open on Saturday 1st December.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
i had a nice suite at the JW Dubai last week. And, I'm sure the Marquis gym is great, but the JW Dubai had a great fitness facility. And rooftop pool was nice, with a great patio looking straight at DXB to watch the takeoffs and landings!

But excited to stay at the Marquis next time I'm in DXB.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UpperDeckDude
When I checked out of the Marquis on Friday I was told that the Executive Lounge will open on Saturday 1st December.
Thanks - will update the sticky. If someone is staying there post 12/01/12, please report back if it is indeed open.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.